Image ImageImage Image

Bulls @ Wizards 6PM CST

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,086

Re: Bulls @ Wizards 6PM CST 

Post#21 » by MrSparkle » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:21 am

Fwiw Sanogo seems to be in much better shape.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#22 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:40 am

Sanogo had a good stat line, but my god is he a black hole in the paint. How many times did he look off an open teammate to force up a contested shot? Most of his rebounds were off his own misses against Washington's bum bigs. Not impressed, but I imagine that's an unpopular take.

Dalen Terry was very impressive. He's just a jump shot away from being a legit player. This season he's proven to be more athletic than I previously thought.

Outside of a game or two, Bitim just doesn't produce much out on the court. I'm becoming less intrigued with him as each game goes by.

Javonte has been a huge pick up, not much else to say.

Drell is intriguing with his length and energy as a potential 3&D guy and he made a few impact plays tonight, but he needs some more development time as he's pretty rough around the edges.

Funk looks like he doesn't really belong. I would rather see that two-way spot go to someone else.
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#23 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:41 am

JimmyButler21 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Free Sanogo

Can we not overreact to a game of G Leaguers? The final few games of the NBA season is full of these games.

Let's not forget last-game-of-the-season PWill is an MVP caliber player.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#24 » by umfan83 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:45 am

GoBlue72391 wrote:Sanogo had a good stat line, but my god is he a black hole in the paint. How many times did he look off an open teammate to force up a contested shot? Most of his rebounds were off his own misses against Washington's bum bigs. Not impressed, but I imagine that's an unpopular take.

No I agree. Certainly not a bad performance at all, but his stat line looks better than how he actually played IMO. Don't want to crap on a fringe NBA player after a 20-20 game, he should be pleased with his game today, but from what I saw he took some bad shots and also had some big lapses on defense for easy Wizards buckets.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
dawhizz
Rookie
And1: 382

Post#25 » by dawhizz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am

umfan83 wrote:
GoBlue72391 wrote:Sanogo had a good stat line, but my god is he a black hole in the paint. How many times did he look off an open teammate to force up a contested shot? Most of his rebounds were off his own misses against Washington's bum bigs. Not impressed, but I imagine that's an unpopular take.

No I agree. Certainly not a bad performance at all, but his stat line looks better than how he actually played IMO. Don't want to crap on a fringe NBA player after a 20-20 game, he should be pleased with his game today, but from what I saw he took some bad shots and also had some big lapses on defense for easy Wizards buckets.

Time to lock him down with that Felicio contract.
"I'd go with Tyrus Thomas at small forward." - Sam Smith
GoBlue72391
General Manager

Post#26 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:54 am

umfan83 wrote:

I also question if he would be able to carry over that performance against rotation caliber big men. He was going against Baldwin, Vuckevic and Omoruyi and was still missing a ton of shots.

He wouldn't get so many rebounds if he could finish better, he misses a ton of shots around the rim but was able to get his own board time after time due to Washington's small bigs.

If he can improve his shot selection and finishing around the rim he should be able to stick for awhile as a 3rd string C, but I don't see much more than that. I feel like Terry Taylor performed better in that role despite him being SG sized.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,255

Post#27 » by Dan Z » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:35 am

umfan83 wrote:I need to pay more attention to the Bulls. I know who Sanogo is but absolutely no idea who the heck Drell and Funk are

That's understandable because many of the Bulls young players are G League level or undrafted. Unfortunately, the team doesn't have a Miami Heat level of development/scouting ability.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,417

Post#28 » by Muzbar » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:42 am

Just finished watching the highlights.

Terry had himself a good game, he had some really nice passes and was aggressive attacking the basket, granted it was against the Wizards scrubs, but it's better that he has a good game rather than a bad one against them.

FTs and fouls seemed to be his blemishes this game.

I rooting for him, mostly because he was my pick before the draft and I want him to make me look like some sort of draft genius (he hasn't done a good job of that so far...)
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,364

Post#29 » by pipfan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:47 am

I actually enjoyed watching that game. I like Krell-maybe there's something there? Funk definitely didn't belong, and Terry did look better.
t-time
RealGM
And1: 1,794

Post#30 » by t-time » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:53 pm

Not his biggest fan but Terry played very well. He looks more aggressive and his overall game is much tidier than it was this time last season. If he can develop some sort of jump shot he could be a decent player for us.

Sanogo was really good. This was only his 9th game of the season and probably his first game where he has played outside of junk time. If the NBA reverts back to basketball one day he could be very valuable !
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,661

Post#31 » by sco » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:42 pm

WTF did we play White and Craig, like at all in this meaningless game? That's beyond a Thibs move.

BTW, I don't want Coby to be injured, but I hate the alternative explanation for his lack of a 3 ball.

Sanogo is not an NBA player. A dude like him who is a below the rim guy who can't shoot or set picks?

Kudos to Carter who supports my belief that he is a decent back-up PG if he gets consistent minutes.

Bitim has proven he's more Dogecoin than Bitcoin.

I've liked Krell ever since he arrived here. He's clearly capable on both ends and long.

Terry is an active defender, but really hasn't shown me much in terms of offensive awareness or development.
:clap:
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#32 » by Guru » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:08 pm

sco wrote:WTF did we play White and Craig, like at all in this meaningless game? That's beyond a Thibs move.

White asked to play. Craig probably did to. Wanted to stay in rythym. I suggest you read an article or watch a video before negatively commenting.
BTW, I don't want Coby to be injured, but I hate the alternative explanation for his lack of a 3 ball.

Sanogo is not an NBA player. A dude like him who is a below the rim guy who can't shoot or set picks?

Sanogo goes 20-20 and your response is he is not an NBA player...What absurdity this board is sometimes. I have contended from the beginning he's an NBA player and fine in a limited role as a backup big in a rotation. Some people want every player on the team to be an all-star.
I've liked Krell ever since he arrived here. He's clearly capable on both ends and long.

We don't have a player named Krell. Drelly cat is very fun and good.
Terry is an active defender, but really hasn't shown me much in terms of offensive awareness or development.

Again absurd. Terry had 8 assists. He is already a very solid backup in the rotation and on his way to even better.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,924

Post#33 » by ChettheJet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:57 pm

What I saw was Coby for the most part keeping the bench guys in order and the game under control. There were spells when it looked G League ragged but then they got it under control. If the plan was for Carter to provide scoring then he was on, if he just decided he had the ball and he was going to get his shots, not so good. You would like to see him be the floor leader for the bench guys.

What I liked was that Sanogo got good positioning for rebounds against some height, he did miss a few put backs and got 2 and 3 rebounds as a result. Drell seemed to be aware of where he should have been on both ends. I would like to see Bitim pull the trigger on shots quicker, he seems to wait while he's pretty open until he's way open, hey you're at the scoring position fire it up.

Stacey King may think and want Terry to be in the rotation and he does play with energy, it's just that he needs to learn how to get under control and not over run the play so much. He gets out on the break so quickly some times but doesn't realize that nobody is keeping up with him and he turns the ball over. Defensively the hustle is great but the Bulls for a long time have lacked shooting and scoring off the bench and he needs to match his defense with that.

I don't care who scored or got stats, I think for the most part they ran the offense as coached, they made the plays n defense and most everybody looked like if they had to play a real game and come off the bench and mix with the starters, they wouldn't be clueless about what they were doing. That's as good as the win to me
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,661

Post#34 » by sco » Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:26 pm

Guru wrote:
sco wrote:WTF did we play White and Craig, like at all in this meaningless game? That's beyond a Thibs move.

White asked to play. Craig probably did to. Wanted to stay in rythym. I suggest you read an article or watch a video before negatively commenting.

Sanogo goes 20-20 and your response is he is not an NBA player...What absurdity this board is sometimes. I have contended from the beginning he's an NBA player and fine in a limited role as a backup big in a rotation. Some people want every player on the team to be an all-star.

Again absurd. Terry had 8 assists. He is already a very solid backup in the rotation and on his way to even better.

Yeah, I don't know why I keep calling him Krell. Anyway, I understand why you might see things this way. It's like going to the bar with the ugly people and having your standards lowered (substantially in the case of the Bulls). But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I will let you take in the beauty this is your 2023-4 Bulls. :tooth
:clap:
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by jump » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:03 pm

Guru wrote:

Thanks for this post. The Negative Nancy's on the board make tough to read sometimes.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#36 » by FriedRise » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:45 pm

It’s crazy how impactful Javonte is. Can guard 2-4, hustles for offensive boards, hits his 3s, posterizes fools. At this rate, they’d have to bring him back.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,920

Post#37 » by RSP83 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:15 pm

These games are meaningless, but putting up stats in NBA uniform rather than G-League uniform has impact on confidence for guys like Terry and Sanogo. It may not turn into anything, but many players said confidence is everything in the NBA.
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#38 » by jump » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:24 pm

RSP83 wrote:These games are meaningless, but putting up stats in NBA uniform rather than G-League uniform has impact on confidence for guys like Terry and Sanogo. It may not turn into anything, but many players said confidence is everything in the NBA.

Meaningless for the team’s record but not, as you said, for the players trying to develop what it takes.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,920

Post#39 » by RSP83 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:58 pm

jump wrote:
RSP83 wrote:These games are meaningless, but putting up stats in NBA uniform rather than G-League uniform has impact on confidence for guys like Terry and Sanogo. It may not turn into anything, but many players said confidence is everything in the NBA.

Meaningless for the team’s record but not, as you said, for the players trying to develop what it takes.

Yeah, these are career milestones for these guys. You build on that in any career.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#40 » by FriedRise » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:09 pm

Don't need to play the lottery to pick a generational superstar when you already have one on your roster.

Read on Twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls