Image ImageImage Image

GT Play-In #1: Atlanta Hawks @ Chicago Bulls - Wed 4/17 @ 8:30pm CT - ESPN

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Re: GT Play-In #1: Atlanta Hawks @ Chicago Bulls - Wed 4/17 @ 8:30pm CT - ESPN 

Post#461 » by FriedRise » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:27 pm

umfan83 wrote:Also I feel bad for Coby that he had this breakout season the year after signing a very modest contract extension. If he had this type of year last year, his contract is probably double what it is now (and it wouldn't be the Bulls giving to him most likely). Heck he might have had this type of year last year had LaVine not have been in the picture. Not a shot at Zach, just the reality that his absence allowed Coby to take a huge step this year.

Though I feel bad, I also feel very fortunate as a Bulls fan that we have him locked in for 2 more years at such a great value.

Coby is doing it at a smaller scale, but it reminds me of when Zach first got his extension from us. We signed him at a super value deal because he was still coming back from injury, and then his numbers exploded. Too bad for half of it we were in a rebuild so we didn't do anything to put the right pieces around him. I hope we can do a better job this time around with Coby and Ayo, though unlikely given what our books look like at the moment.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#462 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:44 pm

First game I've felt like Coby has had his bounce back since his injury . It reminded of how we came out in December after Zachs injury in terms of energy and execution .

I feel like the playoff format with no back to backs and opportunities to rest will benefit this team as the schedule just grinded our core guys down with how many minutes they had to play . But now with a days rest and no back to back playing teams they know well I really believe that these play ins games are games they should win even if Jimmy was playing . This team has shown over the past few seasons they have no problem going into Miami and getting a win even with Jimmy playing . But after last years lost we have too many returning guys who should remember that .

I thought there was a emphasis on offensive flopping because I counted at least 8 times a Hawks shooter just fell for no reason while shooting trying to draw a foul...

I was really impressed with Terry if I was him I would already have a summer long appointment with dribbletoomuch scheduled because I can clearly see he understand what's going on sol he needs to sharpen his skills to match his IQ and effort level
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#463 » by umfan83 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:55 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:I was really impressed with Terry if I was him I would already have a summer long appointment with dribbletoomuch scheduled because I can clearly see he understand what's going on sol he needs to sharpen his skills to match his IQ and effort level

I was encouraged too. He made some mistakes (like getting rejected by the rim lol) but overall didn't look like someone who didn't belong on the floor. Good energy, stayed with his guy on defense, made a couple of hustle plays.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#464 » by Indomitable » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
kodo wrote:Miami without Butler, definitely do-able.

The Bulls always let you down in these situations

It was one of the worst trades ever the moment it happened. Trae Young is a fool’s gold scrub and always has been. People just got distracted by shiny things.

My favorite thing about the game was the way the Bulls played. Coby looked like a bona fide superstar in this one, but the whole team brought it.

But my second favorite thing was Trae Young revealing who he is as a player with his comically useless defense and failed flops.

Maybe Bulls fans who watched this game will finally realize Murray is the guy you want from Atlanta. Unfortunately it’s too late because no doubt Atlanta has finally figured this out as well. Fortunately for them some idiot owner will still give up a good haul for Trae Young because they think he’ll sell tickets.

I wouldn’t trade Jevon Carter for him unless he’d accept Carter’s salary and minutes. And even then I probably wouldn’t do it because in addition to the basketball part he’s also got a terrible record with teammates and coaches.

You know we never use to agree. Welcome to the skeptic side.
:banghead:
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,716

Post#465 » by madvillian » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:15 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:First game I've felt like Coby has had his bounce back since his injury . It reminded of how we came out in December after Zachs injury in terms of energy and execution .

I was really impressed with Terry if I was him I would already have a summer long appointment with dribbletoomuch scheduled because I can clearly see he understand what's going on sol he needs to sharpen his skills to match his IQ and effort level

You can see what the FO saw in him as a draft and develop type. Was super young out of that draft, needed to put on 10lbs of muscle before anything else (and he has) and now he's at least useful as the AC replacement when AC gets banged up. He can't shoot adequately like AC but he does a bang up job otherwise. He's a better play maker than AC so when he gets out in transition off a steal or deflection or rebound he can create good offense occasionally.

If he can put in the same work and success that Ayo has had with his shooting he'll be a nice piece for the Bulls. We'll see, some guys can do it, others for whatever reason never can.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,665

Post#466 » by sco » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:23 pm

madvillian wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:First game I've felt like Coby has had his bounce back since his injury . It reminded of how we came out in December after Zachs injury in terms of energy and execution .

You can see what the FO saw in him as a draft and develop type. Was super young out of that draft, needed to put on 10lbs of muscle before anything else (and he has) and now he's at least useful as the AC replacement when AC gets banged up. He can't shoot adequately like AC but he does a bang up job otherwise. He's a better play maker than AC so when he gets out in transition off a steal or deflection or rebound he can create good offense occasionally.

If he can put in the same work and success that Ayo has had with his shooting he'll be a nice piece for the Bulls. We'll see, some guys can do it, others for whatever reason never can.

Not to come off too negative on Terry. His defensive energy and length are very useful. I'm just not too positive on his offensive potential. Ayo at least had an offensive arsenal to start with. It's much much much more likely his offense is along the lines of Ben Simmons than Ayo. I will also say that I think Terry is another hard worker, and I root for those guys, because I am usually surprised by their ceilings.
:clap:
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,716

Post#467 » by madvillian » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm

sco wrote:
madvillian wrote:

Not to come off too negative on Terry. His defensive energy and length are very useful. I'm just not too positive on his offensive potential. Ayo at least had an offensive arsenal to start with. It's much much much more likely his offense is along the lines of Ben Simmons than Ayo. I will also say that I think Terry is another hard worker, and I root for those guys, because I am usually surprised by their ceilings.

To me Terry has a good sense of space and movement on offense but just doesn't have the handle or shot to make it pay off too often. Ayo had improved his handle and shot considerably, so has White and many others so these are skills that can improve.

I def agree Terry still has a ways to go. Right now he's only useful in certain games, certain roles and he fires off a lot of dud appearances still.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,922

Post#468 » by RSP83 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:41 pm

Spo will almost certainly beat Billy in head-to-head coaching battle in this next game. So our players need to bring their best on the individual matchup. Because if it comes down to clutch situation, I like Miami's chance better with Spo and their well coached team. Yes, despite our record being the best clutch team this season. I feel the fact that we ended up with the most clutch game is a bigger concern than the record.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#469 » by FriedRise » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:28 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:I was really impressed with Terry if I was him I would already have a summer long appointment with dribbletoomuch scheduled because I can clearly see he understand what's going on sol he needs to sharpen his skills to match his IQ and effort level

Bro already took that opportunity to market his services :lol:

chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#470 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:43 pm

FriedRise wrote:

Bro already took that opportunity to market his services :lol:

LOL I knew it was coming because some of those moves last night came right from Cobys summer training pick and roll videos .

Its time for Terry to make a business decision on his career .

Here is a article I saw about the work Coby was putting in

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2024/3/14/24094827/coby-white-chicago-bulls-nba-most-improved-player-award-summer-workouts
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,664

Post#471 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:20 pm

Indomitable wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Indomitable wrote:The Bulls always let you down in these situations

It was one of the worst trades ever the moment it happened. Trae Young is a fool’s gold scrub and always has been. People just got distracted by shiny things.

My favorite thing about the game was the way the Bulls played. Coby looked like a bona fide superstar in this one, but the whole team brought it.

But my second favorite thing was Trae Young revealing who he is as a player with his comically useless defense and failed flops.

Maybe Bulls fans who watched this game will finally realize Murray is the guy you want from Atlanta. Unfortunately it’s too late because no doubt Atlanta has finally figured this out as well. Fortunately for them some idiot owner will still give up a good haul for Trae Young because they think he’ll sell tickets.

I wouldn’t trade Jevon Carter for him unless he’d accept Carter’s salary and minutes. And even then I probably wouldn’t do it because in addition to the basketball part he’s also got a terrible record with teammates and coaches.

You know we never use to agree. Welcome to the skeptic side.

I just realized I quoted the wrong post for my comment. It was supposed to be connected to the post slamming the Hawks for the Doncic/Trae trade.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#472 » by _txchilibowl_ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:58 pm

Dalen Terry played his ass off last night.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,976

Post#473 » by Wingy » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm

This thread is proof that people LOVE the playin, and it's a wild success that's here to stay even though so many say they don't like it.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,664

Post#474 » by DuckIII » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm

Wingy wrote:This thread is proof that people LOVE the playin, and it's a wild success that's here to stay even though so many say they don't like it.

I hate the concept of it, but it’s hard to imagine not watching your team play and enjoying it when they play well. I can understand a fan who would want to lose a play in game as well though. But not in our situation. We need to get Coby and Ayo as much experience as we can since we are here and AK is going to do what he does regardless of the outcome anyway.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,429

Post#475 » by jnrjr79 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Wingy wrote:This thread is proof that people LOVE the playin, and it's a wild success that's here to stay even though so many say they don't like it.

I hate the concept of it, but it’s hard to imagine not watching your team play and enjoying it when they play well. I can understand a fan who would want to lose a play in game as well though. But not in our situation. We need to get Coby and Ayo as much experience as we can since we are here and AK is going to do what he does regardless of the outcome anyway.

I hate the concept of it as well, but there sure seems to be something about the one-and-done nature of it that seems to amp up the atmosphere like it's the "real" playoffs, despite the fact that you're watching lowly seeded teams face off.

And sure, if your team is in it, you root, even if it's irrational.

Return to Chicago Bulls