Image ImageImage Image

GT Play-In #1: Atlanta Hawks @ Chicago Bulls - Wed 4/17 @ 8:30pm CT - ESPN

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,634

Re: GT Play-In #1: Atlanta Hawks @ Chicago Bulls - Wed 4/17 @ 8:30pm CT - ESPN 

Post#61 » by Ice Man » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 pm

When all the dust settled, Coby did indeed take another step forward. However, despite how most fans remember the season, his gain was incremental -- in line with the gradual improvement he has shown during each year in the league.

His projected peak level remains as it has been - basic NBA starter. Not a Top Three player on a strong team, but somebody who nevertheless can help every team in the league.
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,625

Post#62 » by Repeat 3-peat » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:46 pm

Read on Twitter
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#63 » by FriedRise » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:48 pm

Did he gouge his eye out having to watch the Bulls play these last couple weeks?
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#64 » by FriedRise » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Post#65 » by Red8911 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 pm

Did Bitim get elbowed by someone in the eye or is it an after affect from looking at the eclipse lol? how the heck did that happen ? Bulls can’t catch a break even with the bench guys.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,087

Post#66 » by MrSparkle » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 pm

At this point, if I'm under the age of 26, I'm avoiding the Bulls at all costs. If I'm over 34, I'm signing onto that gravy train.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,417

Post#67 » by jnrjr79 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:37 pm

Red8911 wrote:Did Bitim get elbowed by someone in the eye or is it an after affect from looking at the eclipse lol? how the heck did that happen ? Bulls can’t catch a break even with the bench guys.

Maybe it was from playing, but a detached retina is a thing that just spontaneously happens to some people.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#68 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:34 am

BahamaBull wrote:Hopefully we loose Wednesday and this nightmare season is over...

Much more focused on the draft than the play-in. I dont think we are better than the Hawks or any other team in the EC play-in...

I don´t even care about the draft ,AK made poor choices since his first draft.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#69 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:37 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:I hope we lose.

It´s good to know i´m not alone in this thread about that.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#70 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:40 am

Dez wrote:

That's stupid.

Playoff experience for Ayo, Coby etc is far more valuable than the late lottery pick we've got regardless in a weak draft.

Rooting for losing for rebuilding isn´t stupid ,just a realistic choice.We won´t go anywhere with AK running the show.
Sinistar6
Starter
And1: 125

Post#71 » by Sinistar6 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:18 am

I’d put Damar over under at 28. What a Groundhog Day, edge of tomorrow, like season. Actually more like the quality of Happy deathday. Without a trade only news I am into is lanzo’s recovery, err glitch in the matrix…
Next time the cult's spaceship lands we'll all be wearing black Starburys.

-mcwelk
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,659

Post#72 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:47 am

SfBull wrote:
Dez wrote:

That's stupid.

Playoff experience for Ayo, Coby etc is far more valuable than the late lottery pick we've got regardless in a weak draft.

Rooting for losing for rebuilding isn´t stupid ,just a realistic choice.We won´t go anywhere with AK running the show.

It’s a moot point. Us winning or losing this game will have no impact on what we do this summer. Win, don’t win, the plan is basically them same and we all know it.

And given that, there’s even less reason to root for losses. So I’ll be rooting for wins for the reason stated. Even 4 playoff games of whoopings in a 7 game series would be a big plus for Ayo and Coby. We all want to keep them, so might as well go for the experience when you can. Particularly when we know the FO is going to make “today” minded decisions this summer anyway.

Plus, it’s Trae Young’s team. **** them.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#73 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:51 am

DuckIII wrote:
SfBull wrote:
Dez wrote:That's stupid.

It’s a moot point. Us winning or losing this game will have no impact on what we do this summer. Win, don’t win, the plan is basically them same and we all know it.

Next season needs to be his last.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:55 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
SfBull wrote:Rooting for losing for rebuilding isn´t stupid ,just a realistic choice.We won´t go anywhere with AK running the show.

Next season needs to be his last.

Won’t be. The best we can hoped for is a philosophical change at the top and then hope AK can execute a rebuilding plan better than he has been at executing whatever you call this current plan.

It’s not much, but it’s something to hope for.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,548

Post#75 » by Andi Obst » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:30 am

Yeah, rooting for a loss is pointless. The Reinsdorfs are probably ecstatic that the Bulls play a postseason game AT HOME.

AKME have probably already signed their extensions through 2045.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,328

Post#76 » by coldfish » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:08 am

DuckIII wrote:
SfBull wrote:
Dez wrote:That's stupid.

And given that, there’s even less reason to root for losses. So I’ll be rooting for wins for the reason stated. Even 4 playoff games of whoopings in a 7 game series would be a big plus for Ayo and Coby. We all want to keep them, so might as well go for the experience when you can. Particularly when we know the FO is going to make “today” minded decisions this summer anyway.

I will say this: Not making the playoffs gives the Bulls a 9.4% chance of a top 4 pick. That's not much but it would at least give AKME more ammo to implement their stupid plans.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#77 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:27 pm

Andi Obst wrote:Yeah, rooting for a loss is pointless. The Reinsdorfs are probably ecstatic that the Bulls play a postseason game AT HOME.

I get so annoyed by comments like this - if Reinsdorf wants and prioritizes home playoff revenue you think we'd be good or something and thus likely to play more playoff games.

The Reinsdorf doesn't care about winning and Reinsdorf wants playoff game revenue comments don't align and yet you see them all the time.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:35 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:Yeah, rooting for a loss is pointless. The Reinsdorfs are probably ecstatic that the Bulls play a postseason game AT HOME.

I get so annoyed by comments like this - if Reinsdorf wants and prioritizes home playoff revenue you think we'd be good or something and thus likely to play more playoff games.

The Reinsdorf doesn't care about winning and Reinsdorf wants playoff game revenue comments don't align and yet you see them all the time.

They align. He wants playoff revenue and the only way to achieve that is by, at minimum, reaching the play-in and crossing your fingers. Moreover, a team winning around half its games and making the postseason likely drives up regular season ticket sales.

It’s not that we believe the organization does not care about winning. It’s that we believe they are content to win at mediocre levels and tread water with an old mediocre team when the alternative is ensuring some losing in the short term in order to try to build a deep run playoff contender later.

They are content with what they’ve achieved. And for some of us what they have achieved does not mean ****.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#79 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:41 pm

DuckIII wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

They align. He wants playoff revenue and the way only to achieve that is by, at minimum, reaching the play-in. Moreover, a team winning around half its games and making the postseason likely drives up regular season ticket sales.

It’s not that we believe the organization does not care about winning. It’s that we believe they are content to tread water with an old mediocre team when the alternative is ensuring some losing in order to win at a much higher level later.

They are content with what they’ve achieved. And for some of us what they have achieved does not mean ****.

Your alternative isn't ensuring losing in order to win at a much higher level.

The only thing ensuring losing assures is losing.

I do think Reinsdorf is pretty content - but that's whether we are the 9th seed or the 2nd seed or the 11th seed.

He provides font offices a pretty long leash.

I do not believe one home-game in the play-in is any sort of goal of his.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,417

Post#80 » by jnrjr79 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:55 pm

coldfish wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
SfBull wrote:Rooting for losing for rebuilding isn´t stupid ,just a realistic choice.We won´t go anywhere with AK running the show.

I will say this: Not making the playoffs gives the Bulls a 9.4% chance of a top 4 pick. That's not much but it would at least give AKME more ammo to implement their stupid plans.

Yeah, I'll be rooting for he Bulls to win because I can't really help myself from a fan perspective, but to get into the playoffs to then get swept by the Celtics and lose out on a lottery spot is something we can understand is not actually the best outcome.

Return to Chicago Bulls