Image ImageImage Image

All-NBA Selections

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

All-NBA Selections 

Post#1 » by drosestruts » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:59 pm

was curious to see this board's thoughts on who they think deserve All-NBA honors this season.

Reminder - the award is now positionless, and players mus have played in the minimum required 65 games to qualify.

1st team - Jokic, Giannis, SGA, Luka, Tatum.

Think this will look similar to the top-5 voting for the MVP award. This year it still makes a nice team that could still work if we had to vote by position, in future years this could look a lot different.

2nd team - Brunson, Gobert, Sabonis, Anthony Davis, Devin Booker

3rd team - Kawhi, Haliburton, Derrick White, Zion, DeRozan

Was difficult for me to double-up all-NBA honors for guys like Durant and LeBron who's teams are represented by players that played better like Booker and AD. Do the Suns and Lakers really deserve two All-NBA players? In my view - no.

DeRozan will stand out as a homer pick, but I think his numbers backs it up. Led the league in minutes, likely clutch player of the year with the most total 4th quarter points and 3rd most 4th quarter points per game. 11th in Win Shares in the entire NBA. His efficiency is only 0.5 percentage points less than his last all-nba season. DeMar had a great season - the Bulls were severely hampered by injuries and some other issues.

Who are your picks for All-NBA?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,273

Re: All-NBA Selections 

Post#2 » by kodo » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:20 pm

It will be interesting to see how Clutch POY goes. Last year it went to the player with the most clutch points, Fox.
This year, the player with the most clutch points is Steph Curry.
Derozan was 2nd in clutch points both years.

Chicago as a team isn't the best clutch team, that's the Lakers with over a 70% win %. Chicago is 6th. Chicago is 27-17 in clutch games, LA is 24-9. Would love to see Derozan get it, but he's not an automatic for non-Chicago media voters.

I think Coby loses MIP, and I can't argue that.

Caruso should still be on an all-defensive team. I think what will hurt him is that Chicago is a poor defensive team this year, down from #5 last year. He'll probably get knocked down to 2nd team in favor of White due to team performance.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,365

Post#3 » by pipfan » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:29 pm

He had a great year, and if they add a 4th team, I think he makes it. But I think DDR misses it
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,162

Post#4 » by League Circles » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:30 pm

Such an absurdity for it to be positionless but also conceived of as a "team".
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,636

Post#5 » by Ice Man » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:50 pm

drosestruts wrote:1st team - Jokic, Giannis, SGA, Luka, Tatum.

Think this will look similar to the top-5 voting for the MVP award. This year it still makes a nice team that could still work if we had to vote by position, in future years this could look a lot different.

Yep. It all falls neatly in line. Tatum is the league's 6th best player, but with Embiid not eligible he slides into the 5th spot and all positions are covered. With Tatum, there is also one American on the list.

Also, SGA aside, that is a HUGE team.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,418

Post#6 » by Muzbar » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:14 pm

First team:
Jokic, Luka, Tatum, SGA, Brunson

Brunson makes the first team over Giannis, he's lead his team to the no. 2 seed and has been awesome this year.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
League Circles
RealGM

Post#7 » by League Circles » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:24 pm

I don't think there's any way Demar will or should make the team. Over LeBron James....... Please.....
League Circles
RealGM

Post#8 » by League Circles » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:26 pm

Hard to see Anthony Edwards not making it. I doubt Zion will make it. Very heavily doubt Derrick White makes it.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,299

Post#9 » by dumbell78 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:04 pm

1st team:

Jokic
Luka
SGA
Brunson
Tatum

2nd team:
Giannis
Ant Edwards
Gobert
AD
Kawhai

3rd team:
Steph
Lebron
Durant
Tyrese H
Booker or Jaylen Brown (not sure really).

Brunson gets the nod over Giannis. He has carried his team to the #2 seed. Milwaukee has not been right all year. Giannis has had his pick of 2 coaches and somehow the situation is worse by the end of the season.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
League Circles
RealGM

Post#10 » by League Circles » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:22 pm

A bunch of these guys weren't drafted high, but lets pretend we need to tank hard to get such a player.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#11 » by MGB8 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:37 pm

1st team: Jokic, Giannis, Tatum, Luka, SGA

2nd Team: Lebron, Durant, A.Edwards, Kawhi, A.Davis

3rd team: Brunson, P.George, S.Curry, J.Brown, B.Adebayo
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#12 » by drosestruts » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:41 pm

I could see Brunson getting first team as some have mentioned.

I strongly feel if the Celtics get two players in it will be White over Brown. It's an interesting debate not only for this award but for the Celtics roster moving forward which will be getting very expensive very fast.

White is likely 1 or 2nd team all-defense - so he's one of the league's best defenders. Sports a great 5:1 assist to turnover ratio and has an impressive 61% TS%

Brown scores more on worse efficiency. Sports a 3:2 assist to turnover ratio. Provides a slight rebounding edge over White.

Other advanced stats heavily favor White. (VORP, BPM, WS, etc.)

Return to Chicago Bulls