Image ImageImage Image

Off season Ideas

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Re: Off season Ideas 

Post#41 » by League Circles » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:19 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
League Circles wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Zach, Coby, Pwill, Caruso seem to be our positive assets.

Not sure what that deal looks like though.

I just think you can organize a top 5 offense around Trae. Can't do that around any of our guys.

The problem is how hard it would be to organize anything other than a bottom 5 defense around Trae. He has severe talent/ability deficiency on defense. Very hard pass on him for me.

Hawks have put together some mediocre defenses around him.

But yeah you'd definitely be offense first.

The Top 11 offenses this year all had a Net Rating of +2 or higher. So I think there's merit to that as a "plan".

Hawks have been bottom 5 in defense in 4/6 years with Trae and bottom 9 6/6 years. And he missed 1/4 of the season in one of the years they weren't bottom 5.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Re: Off season Ideas 

Post#42 » by League Circles » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:24 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
League Circles wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Zach, Coby, Pwill, Caruso seem to be our positive assets.

Not sure what that deal looks like though.

I just think you can organize a top 5 offense around Trae. Can't do that around any of our guys.

The problem is how hard it would be to organize anything other than a bottom 5 defense around Trae. He has severe talent/ability deficiency on defense. Very hard pass on him for me.

Hawks have put together some mediocre defenses around him.

But yeah you'd definitely be offense first.

The Top 11 offenses this year all had a Net Rating of +2 or higher. So I think there's merit to that as a "plan".

A quick glance at the top defenses seems to indicate the same correlation with net success. I think defense is absolutely as relevant as it's ever been.

I just honestly don't think Trae is physically capable of leading a team to high level nba success. Sure he'll have some highlights over the years, even tease with a couple years of mild success, even remind people of an AI or Steve Nash (both also heavily overrated), but he's about as bad of a franchise player mirage as I can imagine.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear

Return to Chicago Bulls