Image ImageImage Image

Drummond's eating routine

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,163

Drummond's eating routine 

Post#1 » by League Circles » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:48 am

Not sure I saw this on here before. Just a little interesting piece mostly on how he's eaten and some other physical routine stuff over the years.

https://www.gq.com/story/real-life-diet-andre-drummond-bulls
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 744

Re: Drummond's eating routine 

Post#2 » by Charlesareed » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:11 am

Not bad at all I know I have to work getting in shape this summer I was 215 in December now I’m 240 it’s shows abd I feel it
Chicago Raised me
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,665

Post#3 » by sco » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:53 pm

I have grown to really like AD as professional and a leader. He's definitely progressed since the guy he was when he was younger. I still think this team is better with him starting over Vuc. He's flawed by I think he adds a lot more than he takes away.
:clap:
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#4 » by Dan Z » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:31 pm

sco wrote:I have grown to really like AD as professional and a leader. He's definitely progressed since the guy he was when he was younger. I still think this team is better with him starting over Vuc. He's flawed by I think he adds a lot more than he takes away.

I think he proves that a center can still be productive even if they don't fit the mold that so many people think a player needs to be to play the position. He's been a good backup/spot starter this year for the team.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 465

Post#5 » by step » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:19 am

Honestly just reading through parts of it now, he still has some areas for improvement:

What does your normal game day meal look like?

I wake up and my chef will make me some oatmeal or a bowl of fruit, a smoothie. Then I go about my day. I get to the arena for shootaround, if I’m still kind of hungry I’ll get a cup of fruit. Then I won’t really eat again until it’s almost game time, 5:30 or 6:00.

It's hard to gauge how big this meal may be etc and when he's waking up... but a decent pre-game meal would ensure he's sufficiently stocked in terms of glycogen and energy etc.

I get he's getting paid a bucket load in comparison to us... but the fact he needs a chef to make him oatmeal :roll:

I’m definitely a lot less strict. I’ll still eat fairly clean, but I’ll have cheat days on Sunday because Monday is my conditioning day to burn off whatever I just ate and not feel horrible about it.

So he adds a conditioning day to 'undo' the cheat day. Groan.
Then talks about trying to take care of himself and his body... the irony.

We had a chef [with the Pistons in 2012], but they weren’t cooking what we eat now. It was buffet style, soul food every day.

:o . I know part of it is providing people food they'll actually eat, but that's just...

In the weight room I do a lot of legs. Toe raises, squats, deadlifts, single leg RDL’s [Romanian deadlifts]. Anything to do with legs, I’m all over it.

Toe raises... laugh.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,961

Post#6 » by meekrab » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

I don't buy this, he's 280 pounds eating oatmeal and fruit?

step wrote:I get he's getting paid a bucket load in comparison to us... but the fact he needs a chef to make him oatmeal :roll:

And this, if I was paying a professional chef they sure as **** wouldn't be serving me oatmeal :lol:
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#7 » by NZB2323 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:39 pm

meekrab wrote:I don't buy this, he's 280 pounds eating oatmeal and fruit?

step wrote:I get he's getting paid a bucket load in comparison to us... but the fact he needs a chef to make him oatmeal :roll:

And this, if I was paying a professional chef they sure as **** wouldn't be serving me oatmeal :lol:

It’s an investment. He probably told the chef he could only cook him healthy food, and if he didn’t have the chef he’s eat poptarts.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,961

Post#8 » by meekrab » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:41 pm

NZB2323 wrote:

It’s an investment. He probably told the chef he could only cook him healthy food, and if he didn’t have the chef he’s eat poptarts.

Plenty of healthy breakfast food that isn't oatmeal mate
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#9 » by NZB2323 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 pm

meekrab wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:

Plenty of healthy breakfast food that isn't oatmeal mate

Okay, but my point is that if you hire a chef to cook healthy food for you, it’s harder to eat unhealthy food. We should be giving a basketball player praise for hiring a chef to cook him healthy food, not criticism.
DuallyNoted
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#10 » by DuallyNoted » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:13 am

Probably needs a nutritionist more than a a guy to boil oats, open yogurt contenders, blend whey protein and chop fruit.

Return to Chicago Bulls