Image ImageImage Image

90s Bulls/MJ Games on DVD

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

agetro23
Freshman
And1: 27

90s Bulls/MJ Games on DVD 

Post#1 » by agetro23 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:51 am

There are probably a number of oldschool Bulls fans who recorded these games.

I'm looking to obtain and/or trade for some. If anyone has or know where to find such games, let me know

Thanks and much appreciated.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,931

Re: 90s Bulls/MJ Games on DVD 

Post#2 » by bledredwine » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 pm

Man. I would love to rewatch a season on my big tv, relive the wonder and excitement.

I wonder if there’s a youtube playlist for any season or if there’s a way to do this through big screen.

My father recorded many tapes long ago, but he hasn’t converted them as far as I know.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#3 » by _txchilibowl_ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 pm

There are a handful of classic Bulls/Jordan games available to purchase on Amazon Prime. Normally $8.99 I think.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,836

Post#4 » by jc23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 am

No Mj, i do got some Drose era games
Be curious, Not judgmental
agetro23
Freshman
And1: 27

Post#5 » by agetro23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 am

Same, bledredwine! I saw a few on Amazon prime as well, but they were slim pickings. Its the same 4 or 5 games unfortunately. There used to be sellers of these DVDs on websites like ioffer and ebay. Haven't seen many up now though.

If anyone has full playoff and regular-season games, pm me. Or email me here: goldenhoops32@gmail.com
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#6 » by bledredwine » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:24 am

agetro23 wrote:Same, bledredwine! I saw a few on Amazon prime as well, but they were slim pickings. Its the same 4 or 5 games unfortunately. There used to be sellers of these DVDs on websites like ioffer and ebay. Haven't seen many up now though.

If anyone has full playoff and regular-season games, pm me. Or email me here: goldenhoops32@gmail.com

Can you let me know if you ever have luck? I’d be up for buying a couple.

If not, no worries!
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#7 » by JordansBulls » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:09 am

"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Post#8 » by prolific passer » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:07 pm

I have a bunch of classic bulls games on dvd back when they were popular but now everything is pretty much on YouTube.
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#9 » by chitowndish » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:58 pm

I've been watching the Suns Finals series on YouTube and the quality is fine for me. It definitely doesn't look great but honestly it's kind of refreshing to watch 90s basketball again.

It's also great for old stuff I saw some video of Tyson training and it made me look up some of his old fights and then I started looking up Ali fights and ended up watching a bunch of his career. Foreman was something else man that fight was amazing and Joe Frazier just tenatious AF, Ali had a quote where he said if he ever had to go to war with demons he would want to go with Joe Frazier and I believe it after those. Even took a look at Frazier Foreman and man that one was tough but it made it more impressive to see how Ali dealt with Foreman.
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#10 » by bledredwine » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:13 pm

chitowndish wrote:I've been watching the Suns Finals series on YouTube and the quality is fine for me. It definitely doesn't look great but honestly it's kind of refreshing to watch 90s basketball again.

It's also great for old stuff I saw some video of Tyson training and it made me look up some of his old fights and then I started looking up Ali fights and ended up watching a bunch of his career. Foreman was something else man that fight was amazing and Joe Frazier just tenatious AF, Ali had a quote where he said if he ever had to go to war with demons he would want to go with Joe Frazier and I believe it after those. Even took a look at Frazier Foreman and man that one was tough but it made it more impressive to see how Ali dealt with Foreman.

Dude, youhave to get into Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns. The fab four had the most epic circular battles with eachother.

And yeah, 90s sports are unbeatable. It was just more of a competitive sport back then. Now, only boxing is, because you have to defend or you get punched in the face.
chitowndish
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#11 » by chitowndish » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:21 pm

bledredwine wrote:Dude, youhave to get into Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns. The fab four had the most epic circular battles with eachother.

And yeah, 90s sports are unbeatable. It was just more of a competitive sport back then. Now, only boxing is, because you have to defend or you get punched in the face.

Thanks I will definitely check these out that was what I liked about the Foreman/Frazier/Ali fights was seeing how they all dealt with each other and then seeing rematches how people adjust after the first fight so I'm looking forward to seeing these because it sounds like a bit of both.

Yeah the 90s defense is nice to see and then 90's Bulls defense has such dominant perimeter D they are ahead of their time with that but it's still so effective then because the guards have to initiate everything. I feel like Caruso would have had an even bigger impact back then because so many teams depended on one PG to set everything up and he could put the clamps on them. I'm enjoying it Pip is blocking perimeter shots to himself and I just really like this team BJ MJ Pip Grant and Cartwright is solid throughout and everyone has a well defined role that they execute on and with their experience together they run things like a machine at this point. Compared to what the current Bulls are doing it's just refreshing to see people executing on a plan.
bledredwine
RealGM

Post#12 » by bledredwine » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:30 pm

chitowndish wrote:
bledredwine wrote:Dude, youhave to get into Roberto Duran, Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and Tommy Hearns. The fab four had the most epic circular battles with eachother.

Thanks I will definitely check these out that was what I liked about the Foreman/Frazier/Ali fights was seeing how they all dealt with each other and then seeing rematches how people adjust after the first fight so I'm looking forward to seeing these because it sounds like a bit of both.

Yeah the 90s defense is nice to see and then 90's Bulls defense has such dominant perimeter D they are ahead of their time with that but it's still so effective then because the guards have to initiate everything. I feel like Caruso would have had an even bigger impact back then because so many teams depended on one PG to set everything up and he could put the clamps on them. I'm enjoying it Pip is blocking perimeter shots to himself and I just really like this team BJ MJ Pip Grant and Cartwright is solid throughout and everyone has a well defined role that they execute on and with their experience together they run things like a machine at this point. Compared to what the current Bulls are doing it's just refreshing to see people executing on a plan.

I agree.

Defense was a priority then and often bigs would get drafted on elite defense and rebounding alone.
That skillset is just not as prioritized anymore in favor of hitting shots and passing.

If you want a very exciting set of fights, the Fury vs. Wilder trilogy were some of the most exciting fights that I've seen in decades.
The third fight was bonkers.

Return to Chicago Bulls