Image ImageImage Image

GT Play-In #2: Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat - Fri 4/19 @ 6:00pm CT - ESPN

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,027

Re: GT Play-In #2: Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat - Fri 4/19 @ 6:00pm CT - ESPN 

Post#21 » by Chi town » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 pm

DuckIII wrote:We have a real chance to squeeze out the only possible value there is to reaching the play in: getting Ayo and Coby a real playoff series.

I am not a DDR, Vuc or BD hater, but I am very much concerned they will try to take too much control of this team Friday night - albeit with good intentions - and blow it.

Yep.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,646

Post#22 » by Ice Man » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:03 pm

Chi town wrote:
DuckIII wrote:We have a real chance to squeeze out the only possible value there is to reaching the play in: getting Ayo and Coby a real playoff series.

I am not a DDR, Vuc or BD hater, but I am very much concerned they will try to take too much control of this team Friday night - albeit with good intentions - and blow it.

Yep.

This puzzles me. The Bulls just had an elimination game. the team executed well, and nobody -- not other player,s not the coach -- prevented the starting guards from doing their jobs. (Which is a difficult task anyway. These are guards, not centers. They don't need to be fed. They are grown men with the ball in their hands.) So, why on earth would anybody do that in the next elimination game?
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#23 » by FriedRise » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Chi town wrote:

Yep.

This puzzles me. The Bulls just had an elimination game. the team executed well, and nobody -- not other player,s not the coach -- prevented the starting guards from doing their jobs. (Which is a difficult task anyway. These are guards, not centers. They don't need to be fed. They are grown men with the ball in their hands.) So, why on earth would anybody do that in the next elimination game?

Coby was cooking last night and the ball mostly stayed with him until the end. This is encouraging, because we have had GAMES where Coby would have a similar scoring performance but then in the last several mins of the 4th when the game was close, it would devolve to DeMar going 1:1 taking ISO shots.

Hard to say if that's because Coby was deferring, DeMar wanted to be the man, and/or it was Billy's gameplan, but it has happened multiple times this season.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,746

Post#24 » by Mk0 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:43 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Yep.

Coby was cooking last night and the ball mostly stayed with him until the end. This is encouraging, because we have had GAMES where Coby would have a similar scoring performance but then in the last several mins of the 4th when the game was close, it would devolve to DeMar going 1:1 taking ISO shots.

Hard to say if that's because Coby was deferring, DeMar wanted to be the man, and/or it was Billy's gameplan, but it has happened multiple times this season.

In one of those games Coby said he deferred because he was gassed.
I trust DeMar to play the big brother and let Coby ride it out like he did last night. DeMar likes the pressure sure, but he also knows he can't do it alone and needs someone to step it up.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,124

Post#25 » by NecessaryEvil » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:07 pm

No AC? Ehhh
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#26 » by Guru » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:11 pm

Can we make 2 game threads? 1 could be where we complain about Vuc when he has a double double for the millionth time, and DDR for not scoring exactly the way we want, and Terry for not being elite in all facets of the game, and proposals to trade our best players on our best contracts....and one could be about other things?
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#27 » by Mbrahv0528 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 pm

meekrab wrote:Going to be the opposite of last night, our offense is going to struggle and we need the defense to match Miami's intensity. Might see more Drummond simply because Vuc can't guard a tree stump anymore, not that Andre is Rudy Gobert or anything.
Without their best defender and glue guy? Yeah, no. I'm calling this one just like he Hawks game. We aren't losing to the Heat without Jimmy Buckets.

Sent from my SM-S928U using RealGM mobile app
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#28 » by LateNight » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:33 pm

I’m excited for the players and will root for the team - but We’re competing for the right to be stomped by the Celtics and lose out on the draft
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,027

Post#29 » by Chi town » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:44 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Ice Man wrote:
Chi town wrote:
Yep.

When the game is tight Billy calls DDR’s number and so does DDR.

Would love to see Coby cook again in a tight game against MIA and have Billy and DDr stick with him.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,445

Post#30 » by TheGOATRises007 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 pm

I'm still worried about this game

I hope Caruso is back soon if we move on
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,663

Post#31 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pm

Ice Man wrote:
Chi town wrote:

Yep.

It’s easy to do that when the team, and those guards in particular, are playing great and the win is basically in the bag. But when games are close we’ve seen the vets and Billy effectively take the ball away from them as well. Multiple times.

Regardless, it’s a concern of mine not a prediction.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,663

Post#32 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm

Guru wrote:Can we make 2 game threads? 1 could be where we complain about Vuc when he has a double double for the millionth time, and DDR for not scoring exactly the way we want, and Terry for not being elite in all facets of the game, and proposals to trade our best players on our best contracts....and one could be about other things?

Let’s also have a third one where fan(s) can constantly complain about what other fans criticize about the team.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#33 » by Jstock12 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm

LateNight wrote:I’m excited for the players and will root for the team - but We’re competing for the right to be stomped by the Celtics and lose out on the draft

There's a scenario where Boston suffers multiple injuries which coincides with the Bulls playing their best basketball of the season and all of a sudden Chicago has the best possible path to the Finals.

gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#34 » by gf2020hotmail » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Caruso was pretty chill in his media availability so I was surprised by the intensity of Woj's initial report. Meanwhile, Butler and Rozier already ruled out for the Heat. Line has shifted from -3 Heat to -1.5 Heat.
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 656

Post#35 » by boozapalooza » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:06 pm

drosestruts wrote:Who will be this year's Max Strus?

Jamie Jacquez is going to torch us
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#36 » by FriedRise » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 pm

Read on Twitter
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,382

Post#37 » by drosestruts » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 pm

Our last game vs Miami is the game Craig went off for 16 points in the first half before leaving the game with an injury.

Whatever it was we identified that night - hopefully we're able to exploit it again.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,716

Post#38 » by madvillian » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:40 pm

FriedRise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Woah, no scary terry either for them. We really have no excuse to not win, even if AC is out. We have long term injuries but we've adjusted and they are going to be relying on really awful guards tmr night on a quick turnaround.

Ayo and White should feast.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,922

Post#39 » by RSP83 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 pm

Looks like Caruso's ankle got better quick, but still game time decision.
Read on Twitter
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#40 » by MrSparkle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:50 pm

Heat tanking for a pick. Bulls still gonna find a way to complicate and struggle.

Return to Chicago Bulls