Image ImageImage Image

GT Play-In #2: Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat - Fri 4/19 @ 6:00pm CT - ESPN

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Re: GT Play-In #2: Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat - Fri 4/19 @ 6:00pm CT - ESPN 

Post#41 » by _txchilibowl_ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 pm

I see we're all enjoying the win. This fan base is insufferable.
_txchilibowl_
Starter
And1: 2,186

Post#42 » by _txchilibowl_ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Guru wrote:Can we make 2 game threads? 1 could be where we complain about Vuc when he has a double double for the millionth time, and DDR for not scoring exactly the way we want, and Terry for not being elite in all facets of the game, and proposals to trade our best players on our best contracts....and one could be about other things?

Let’s also have a third one where fan(s) can constantly complain about what other fans criticize about the team.

Except the whining posts outnumber the posts whining about whining by about 10:1.

It's not even close to the same thing.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,791

Post#43 » by WindyCityBorn » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:I see we're all enjoying the win. This fan base is insufferable.

Nice win. I hope we lose tomorrow!
DropStep
Junior
And1: 157

Post#44 » by DropStep » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am

FriedRise wrote:There's gonna be a wall, and he and DeMar will be forced to give the ball up for somebody else to step up.

Maybe Stan Van will come back to tell them to form an effing wall. https://youtu.be/YucvWt7CNn4?si=sNr7r12AtzG3OmXC&t=6
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#45 » by Guru » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:53 am

You know what helps young players do better in the playoffs.....experience in the playoffs. The chance to play the Celtics means a ton for Ayo-Coby and Terry. Even if they get swept.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#46 » by Clocian » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:I see we're all enjoying the win. This fan base is insufferable.

It's why I post on Reddit a lot more nowadays, and rarely here. They can at least enjoy and discuss the games without every post being about the team sucks and 'why aren't we tanking?'. There's a whole off season where fans can go wild on the FO (And if you really want to mope, specific threads for those topics). If we ain't talking about the games in the Game Threads when they're being played then what are we doing :nonono: ?
Damn I love Hip Hop!
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,668

Post#47 » by DuckIII » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 am

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Guru wrote:Can we make 2 game threads? 1 could be where we complain about Vuc when he has a double double for the millionth time, and DDR for not scoring exactly the way we want, and Terry for not being elite in all facets of the game, and proposals to trade our best players on our best contracts....and one could be about other things?

Let’s also have a third one where fan(s) can constantly complain about what other fans criticize about the team.

Except the whining posts outnumber the posts whining about whining by about 10:1.

You’re right, it’s not the same. The fans “whining” are posting about basketball. The fans upset about that are whining about the posters. Kinda like you calling fans insufferable because they enjoyed the win despite not being happy with the state of the team.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,747

Post#48 » by Mk0 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 am

DuckIII wrote:
_txchilibowl_ wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

You’re right, it’s not the same. The fans “whining” are posting about basketball. The fans upset about that are whining about the posters. Kinda like you calling fans insufferable because they enjoyed the win despite not being happy with the state of the team.

This is me. Right here.

I posted like 100x between this, the GB thread and the r/chicagobulls discord server's GT.
I was cheering my ass off all game. Everyone did their job and we looked like a competent team.

Cherry on top is Coby's coming out party. He looked incredible and had a career high.
The young guys were cooking. Coby and Ayo were both 7/10 from the floor with 4mins left in the 3rd.

Even Dalen Terry was making huge plays. Sure he got blocked by the rim and missed some corner 3s, but he attacked the rim (Drum putback) and was playing great defense (a block that got us into a fastbreak layup). The kid was hustling and it was huge.

Does any of this mean I am happy with the team's current long-term status? No. But I like seeing the young guys learn and grow and that was what I got. DeMar and Vooch both had good games as a steadying force but letting the kids run. It was really good to see.

*I still need less Vooch 3s though. Good lord his 3pt shot is cooked. Just step inside the line bud.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#49 » by greenwing » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 am

I’m excited for this rematch. Would be pretty awesome if we could get some payback for last year.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 929

Post#50 » by burlydee » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:31 am

Caruso is definitely playing. The big thing to me is defending Adebayo and the 3pt shot. Defending bigs and the 3pt shot are generally the Bulls biggest problems.

The Bam / Vuc match up is a complete mismatch. Bam wasn't aggressive versus Embiid but he'll attack Vuc. How the Bulls respond will likely determine the game.

Other keys

I'd like to see Caruso on Herro most of the game. I think that match up favors the Bulls if Caruso can stay out of foul trouble. I want Ayo on Duncan. I think he's our best chasing guys off screens.

I think this is a big Green and Craig game. I think the Bulls will need their physicality. The Bulls have to keep Miami off the offensive boards.

Coby and Ayo need to get out on the break. This is a gigantic jump in defense. The Bulks need to get as many shots on the break as they can. I suspect the Heat are going to slow the game down. Coby and Ayo have to fight that.

I think this is a big Derozan game. Butler is a tough match up. Hes stronger and faster and has the respect of the refs. I think Jaquez and Hightower are chicken dinner.

On the flip side this is a nice challenge for Coby. Coby runs a ton of pick and roll and Miami defends that very well. Hoping he's back in the groove but Bam is a tough test.

The Heat are going to attack Vuc on every play. Having said that, I pray the Bulls don't go small. Switch Craig onto Bam and hide Vuc on Hightower. But don't go small.

The Bulls should win this. Miami is favored. Bulls need to keep it even from 3. If they do, they win imo.
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,979

Post#51 » by Bulliever2020 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am

Caruso definitely sounds like he's playing. The key to this game for me is Coby, plain and simple. Will he have a come down game after his career high or will he continue the momentum? He needs 25+ for the Bulls to have a chance to win.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,550

Post#52 » by Andi Obst » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:16 am

MrSparkle wrote:Heat tanking for a pick. Bulls still gonna find a way to complicate and struggle.

The Heat are probably the only organization in the league that cares less about where they draft than the Bulls do lol. They absolutely want to win this game.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,550

Post#53 » by Andi Obst » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:21 am

Risk Addict wrote:Craig should get more PT if Caruso is out. His length would be beneficial

He'll definitely play more if Caruso isn't ready to go, but personally, I'm kind of done with the Torrey Craig experience. Before the season, I didn't really understand why he had to settle for a minimum deal with a non-contender. I get it now. So many dumb plays.

With that being said, I hope we don't see Carter again. What a horrible signing.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by DuckIII » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:35 pm

Andi Obst wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Heat tanking for a pick. Bulls still gonna find a way to complicate and struggle.

The Heat are probably the only organization in the league that cares less about where they draft than the Bulls do lol. They absolutely want to win this game.

Absolutely. Spo and Riley are very much of the “winning wins” mentality. Granted it’s a bit of a luxury they have that we don’t considering they are one of the 3-4 most desired free agent destinations, but the point remains. They will be giving us whatever they have and try to dig for more. Nothing but respect for the Heat.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,531

Post#55 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:

Absolutely. Spo and Riley are very much of the “winning wins” mentality. Granted it’s a bit of a luxury they have that we don’t considering they are one of the 3-4 most desired free agent destinations, but the point remains. They will be giving us whatever they have and try to dig for more. Nothing but respect for the Heat.

Yeah the Heat don't just lay down.
Dengness9
Senior
And1: 214

Post#56 » by Dengness9 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 pm

It’s kinda insane that the Heat will be without Jimmy and Terry and I’m still thinking it’s only 60-40 Bulls win this game.

Now with that said, not having CaruSHOW could be a major blow as he is literally one of the top 5 defenders in the league.

I’m one of Coby’s biggest supporters, but I’m expecting a come down game to a certain degree…I hope not. It’s very hard to have big games back to back, especially for younger players.

All in all, I think the Bulls remember being so close last year in the final playin game. They aren’t letting that happen again.

Bulls by 6.
I hate the Chicago Bulls. I miss Derrick, Jo, Taj, Jimmy, Lu, BG, Kirk, Noc….I’ll stop there.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,430

Post#57 » by jnrjr79 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm

Bulliever2020 wrote:Caruso definitely sounds like he's playing. The key to this game for me is Coby, plain and simple. Will he have a come down game after his career high or will he continue the momentum? He needs 25+ for the Bulls to have a chance to win.

On the Bulls Talk podcast yesterday, KC said his impression is Caruso will at least start and the Bulls will decide whether to yank him based on how effectively he can move around.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,100

Post#58 » by MrSparkle » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:

Yeah the Heat don't just lay down.

Without Butler? Let’s not overrate them- this is a 7 seed missing its MVP (by a mile).

Don’t get me wrong, they could get hot from the arc and beat us with good defense, cause this team has lost against everybody, but the Bulls can only beat themselves here.

Between Herro, Love, Jovic and Jacquez, they’ve got more defensive liabilities than we do. They’re missing Duncan, Rozier…

If Billy loses this game, he should be fired immediately. The fact that Miami isn’t bothering trying to suit up several guys with lesser injuries, suggests to me Riley is wisely calling it a season and gunning for long shot 9% top-4 odds.

The only guy who should wreck us is Bam, and that’s on Vuc and Drummond to atleast get some production back to wash him out.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by DuckIII » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm

Sparkle, to be clear I’m predicting a Bulls win. It’s the most likely outcome under the circumstances. But Miami is going to give us all the effort and execution they can muster to win this game.

No way they are just going to mail it in or try to lose on purpose for draft position. You mention them sitting guys with minor injuries as a sign they are packing it in, but who? Terry Rozier also sat the Sixers play-in game which the Heat were certainly trying to win. Same with Robinson.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,777

Post#60 » by dougthonus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:28 pm

_txchilibowl_ wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

One of those things:
Criticizing the team

Is a relevant topic for a Bulls forum

One of those things:
Criticizing fans for criticizing the team

breaks the terms of service of the site and is not a relevant topic about the Bulls at all.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls