Image ImageImage Image

GT Play-In #2: Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat - Fri 4/19 @ 6:00pm CT - ESPN

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,780

Re: GT Play-In #2: Chicago Bulls @ Miami Heat - Fri 4/19 @ 6:00pm CT - ESPN 

Post#61 » by dougthonus » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:31 pm

I'm not a betting guy, but am I reading the odds right? The Heat are favored by 2.5? That seems nus to me given Butler and Rozier are out.

I won't get too high on the Bulls, because they can lose to Detroit twice and Washington, and have shown the propensity to blow all kinds of games, but jeez, this sure feels like a game they should win if they don't crap the bed.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,671

Post#62 » by DuckIII » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:48 pm

dougthonus wrote:I'm not a betting guy, but am I reading the odds right? The Heat are favored by 2.5? That seems nus to me given Butler and Rozier are out.

I won't get too high on the Bulls, because they can lose to Detroit twice and Washington, and have shown the propensity to blow all kinds of games, but jeez, this sure feels like a game they should win if they don't crap the bed.

I’m perplexed as well. ESPN has them as 67% favored to win. Hard to understand that. Certainly the Bulls have proven they can lose to anyone and the Heat are going to bring it. But for Miami to be that big a favorite without Butler, Rozier and Robinson seems kind of ridiculous.

I wonder if the odds will change as the day goes on.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
SouthernBull
Freshman
And1: 41

Post#63 » by SouthernBull » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 pm

DuckIII wrote:
dougthonus wrote:I'm not a betting guy, but am I reading the odds right? The Heat are favored by 2.5? That seems nus to me given Butler and Rozier are out.

I’m perplexed as well. ESPN has them as 67% favored to win. Hard to understand that. Certainly the Bulls have proven they can lose to anyone and the Heat are going to bring it. But for Miami to be that big a favorite without Butler, Rozier and Robinson seems kind of ridiculous.

Line has dropped to Miami -1.5, basically a pick em' with home court. Seems about right given how hot and cold the Bulls have been all season and Miami's recent history even without Jimmy.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#64 » by FriedRise » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:18 pm

burlydee wrote:Caruso is definitely playing. The big thing to me is defending Adebayo and the 3pt shot. Defending bigs and the 3pt shot are generally the Bulls biggest problems.

The Bam / Vuc match up is a complete mismatch. Bam wasn't aggressive versus Embiid but he'll attack Vuc. How the Bulls respond will likely determine the game.

Other keys

I'd like to see Caruso on Herro most of the game. I think that match up favors the Bulls if Caruso can stay out of foul trouble. I want Ayo on Duncan. I think he's our best chasing guys off screens.

I think this is a big Green and Craig game. I think the Bulls will need their physicality. The Bulls have to keep Miami off the offensive boards.

Coby and Ayo need to get out on the break. This is a gigantic jump in defense. The Bulks need to get as many shots on the break as they can. I suspect the Heat are going to slow the game down. Coby and Ayo have to fight that.

I think this is a big Derozan game. Butler is a tough match up. Hes stronger and faster and has the respect of the refs. I think Jaquez and Hightower are chicken dinner.

On the flip side this is a nice challenge for Coby. Coby runs a ton of pick and roll and Miami defends that very well. Hoping he's back in the groove but Bam is a tough test.

The Heat are going to attack Vuc on every play. Having said that, I pray the Bulls don't go small. Switch Craig onto Bam and hide Vuc on Hightower. But don't go small.

The Bulls should win this. Miami is favored. Bulls need to keep it even from 3. If they do, they win imo.

I really hope that they don't compromise their defense and keep helping whenever somebody gets in the paint. If they wanna keep attacking Vooch with Bam, let him go 1 on 1 and take contested middies. If he makes it, it's just 2 points. Capela made every one of his hook shots the other day and it didn't matter. I'd rather give that up than an open 3 every trip, risking a slew of their 3pt shooters get hot. That'll become a lot more difficult to defend than just 1 Bam.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,282

Post#65 » by kodo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:20 pm

:dontknow:
Miami has a 59% win rate without Butler. Some decent opponents too: MIL, LAL, GS, SAC, ORL x2, PHI x2. Most of these were pre Rozier.
Chicago has a 47% win rate overall, even lower without Caruso.
Miami is at home.

Seems high to me as well, but also not a gambling guy.
Guru
Starter
And1: 218

Post#66 » by Guru » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:27 pm

I hope we win the game.

I think Vuc is a top 15 center and while limited in many areas is actually a huge plus due to rebounding and scoring.

Dalen Terry will probably never be a star but his floor is a defensive stopper and can be in a rotation on almost any team due to that and his ability to facilitate and keep the ball moving and therefore the offense moving. His ceiling is all-star if he can learn to score at an efficient clip.

DDR is still a star and should take many shots at the ends of games. The only solution in the offseason is to re-sign him because we lose the asset if we don't

Sanogo has a game that is divergent from where the league is going but he can easily be a rotational backup big in a platoon for a good team.

AKME did a fantastic job building this team and I have faith that he will do it again. He was as aggressive as anyone when he needed to be and has been hamstrung by unknowns outside of his control in building the team in recent years.

Carter and Craig were great signings...AKME has been fantastic at signing players of this ilk. His contract for White is amazing.

I really like the Bulls. They are a good team and I am amazed by how well they have done after starting out 5-14.

Sorry for all of these negative comments.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,718

Post#67 » by madvillian » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 pm

Moved down to -1.5. Game is basically a pick'em in my mind. Miami being at home is a big help but no Terry and no Butler obviously isn't.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
nekorajo
Bench Warmer
And1: 580

Post#68 » by nekorajo » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 pm

Miami has to rely on 3 point shooting and zone defense. Our boys just need to respect the game, and we should be ok. Low turnovers, gang rebounding and poise can break Miami. We got this... I hope.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,718

Post#69 » by madvillian » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:31 pm

nekorajo wrote:Miami has to rely on 3 point shooting and zone defense. Our boys just need to respect the game, and we should be ok. Low turnovers, gang rebounding and poise can break Miami. We got this... I hope.

We're going to need White, Ayo and Terry to be area rebounders off all their triple attempts. I can just see Kevin Love hoisting up 10 himself in this game. They are going to be firing away as it's their path to victory.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#70 » by Indomitable » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 pm

The Bulls are going to lose
:banghead:
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,979

Post#71 » by Bulliever2020 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm

The Bulls are going to win

Nothing has made sense about this year and for this team to end up somehow making the playoffs fits right in.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,383

Post#72 » by Gant » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:37 pm

I have no idea who will win this. Miami has the homecourt and playoff mojo, but that's muted by their injuries. It looks like a 50/50 proposition. The first round is there for the taking by either team.
bullskokie
Senior
And1: 241

Post#73 » by bullskokie » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:49 pm

We will win this game, I promise! The main difference this year vs last year is that Zach is not playing.. this will give our higher IQ guys to be much more involved thus us with greater chance to win! I expect a very good game for Coby, Ayo & Demar.. Vooch will struggle against Bam but Drummond will cover that spot with a monster double-double.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,836

Post#74 » by jc23 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm

Im pumped. I too wanted to blow it up at the deadline but might as well enjoy the moment.
Be curious, Not judgmental
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#75 » by umfan83 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 pm

The difference to me is Spo. Just feels like he finds a way to get his team to pull it off.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#76 » by Mbrahv0528 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 pm

Indomitable wrote:The Bulls are going to lose
No they aren't.

Sent from my SM-S928U using RealGM mobile app
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#77 » by jordanwilliams6 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 pm

Duncan Robinson concerns me. You just know he has the ability to drop a random 25 points on a night like this and get hot.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,422

Post#78 » by Muzbar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 pm

The Heat have too many key guys out. The Bulls will win this game.

Off to Boston for the slaughter it is then!

Let's go Ayo and Coby and Dalen!
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
greenwing
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#79 » by greenwing » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:31 pm

DuckIII wrote:

It sounds like Robinson is active. He potentially could be a problem for us since his 3-point shooting could help Miami spread the floor for guys like Kevin Love. That being said, Miami is far less dangerous with Robinson in as opposed to Jimmy. I think we are the better team with with Butler and Rozier out as long as we don't play down to the competition and stay competiive like we did against Atlanta.
umfan83
RealGM
And1: 3,265

Post#80 » by umfan83 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 pm

Who do you think the Celtics would rather see? A Bulls team they blew out 3 times this year but you never know what youre gonna get from game to game or a Heat team who was better in the regular season, has the better coach, but will be without their best player.

In reality they probably don't care either way.
RealGM Bulls Board veteran of the following failed epic battles:
-Kobe (2008)
-Amare (2009)
-Bosh (2010 trade deadline and FA)
-LeBron (2010)
-Wade (2010)
-Melo (2014)

Return to Chicago Bulls