Image ImageImage Image

Resign Demar?

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

What sort of deal would you like to see Demar back on?

Don't want him back even for no return
42%
Don't want him back if we can get a rotation-level asset or better in return
31%
Want him back, but only for less than $30M/yr
19%
Want him back and willing to go up to $40M/yr
8%

Total votes: 52

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,223

Re: Resign Demar? 

Post#41 » by Red8911 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:02 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:I don’t think he wants to be here any more . He explicitly said he is getting old and ways to win. Hopefully he gone. He was a really pleasant surprise, but his time is up here.

After getting knocked out of the play in he was frustrated. He didn’t say he wants to leave but wants to win, pretty much putting pressure on the front office to make the team better.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,443

Post#42 » by jnrjr79 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:29 pm

Red8911 wrote:There’s no question the Bulls should resign Demar. He earned it and the team needs him.I think the 40 million for 2 years is a fair deal and he should take it. If he wants a 3rd year it would have to be for significantly less money (for that last year). Mostly because of age.

Both sides want the same thing so I’m sure they will figure it all out before he even officially becomes a FA. He wants to win but at the same time he also wants to be the main guy and get paid. Bulls offer 2/3 and for the winning we ll see what AK does to improve this team.

FWIW, the CBA has maximum raise/reduction percentages for contracts, so you can't do, say, $40 million/year for years 1 and 2 and then $20 million for year 3.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,795

Post#43 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:48 pm

Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:I don’t think he wants to be here any more . He explicitly said he is getting old and ways to win. Hopefully he gone. He was a really pleasant surprise, but his time is up here.

After getting knocked out of the play in he was frustrated. He didn’t say he wants to leave but wants to win, pretty much putting pressure on the front office to make the team better.

Yeah, but do you actually believe in AK to make this team significantly better? I don’t.
jordanwilliams6
Analyst
And1: 3,079

Post#44 » by jordanwilliams6 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 am

I'm fine with Demar on a 2 year extension but only if Zach & Vuc are shipped off.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#45 » by Indomitable » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:03 am

Dan Z wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Axl Rose wrote:Don't want him back even for no return.

Same. And would vote the same for Zach and Vuc as well if that’s what it comes down to. The most important thing is that they all no longer be here so we can clean the slate.

DDR is a good player, but the problem is he's crutch to lean on. I know he has blinders on sometimes, but he does help the team when they need points in the 4th quarter.

If DDR never came to Chicago where would the team be in the last three years? I know it's difficult to say because no DDR means they'd have other player, but what if those players were average starters at best (and not the kind of player who can help take over in the 4th). I have my doubts that Zach would do a good job of filling that role and I can't see anyone else on the roster who is capable of doing that. Maybe Coby, when he has a hot hand, but that's inconsistent.

I think it's entirely possible that the Bulls, without DDR, wouldn't even have the "good" season of 2021-22.

Maybe we win the lotto and have Wenby. He has not done anything but secure a mediocre product
:banghead:
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,266

Post#46 » by Dan Z » Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:31 am

Indomitable wrote:
Dan Z wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
Same. And would vote the same for Zach and Vuc as well if that’s what it comes down to. The most important thing is that they all no longer be here so we can clean the slate.

DDR is a good player, but the problem is he's crutch to lean on. I know he has blinders on sometimes, but he does help the team when they need points in the 4th quarter.

If DDR never came to Chicago where would the team be in the last three years? I know it's difficult to say because no DDR means they'd have other player, but what if those players were average starters at best (and not the kind of player who can help take over in the 4th). I have my doubts that Zach would do a good job of filling that role and I can't see anyone else on the roster who is capable of doing that. Maybe Coby, when he has a hot hand, but that's inconsistent.

I think it's entirely possible that the Bulls, without DDR, wouldn't even have the "good" season of 2021-22.

Maybe we win the lotto and have Wenby. He has not done anything but secure a mediocre product

Ak shouldve made a effort to try for Wemby last year. The team was bad so it wouldnt have been that difficult to do so.
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 466

Post#47 » by step » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:13 am

jordanwilliams6 wrote:I'm fine with Demar on a 2 year extension but only if Zach & Vuc are shipped off.

If we ship them two off, why keep Demar around?
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,327

Post#48 » by Stratmaster » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:42 pm

Re-signing Demar is fine as long as the intent is to trade him ASAP and the contract reflects that.

2/80 is not that. They have to be out of their minds.

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,223

Post#49 » by Red8911 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:26 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Red8911 wrote:

Yeah, but do you actually believe in AK to make this team significantly better? I don’t.

Give him another chance, I think he can.
DuallyNoted
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#50 » by DuallyNoted » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:04 am

Ideally we'd be able to sign him and then trade him to a contender but unfortunately we're not going to be trading with the Bulls to get anything of significant value midseason. Just let it go even though I love the dude.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,795

Post#51 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:08 pm

Red8911 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
Red8911 wrote:After getting knocked out of the play in he was frustrated. He didn’t say he wants to leave but wants to win, pretty much putting pressure on the front office to make the team better.

Give him another chance, I think he can.

I fear another Vuc type trade . Giving up our future again for a fringe all-star. Considering he isn’t willing to take a step back short-sighted moves like that are only options. We aren’t getting anything for Zach if he is traded this offseason.

Return to Chicago Bulls