Image ImageImage Image

Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition.

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,384

Re: Potential Zach Trade Partners? Playoff Edition. 

Post#41 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:57 pm

Some good options discussed - another one by my perception is Detroit.

Detroit had what appears to be legit interest in LaVine at the deadline. In season, matching salaries would have been difficult, in the offseason, with their projected $60mm in cap space, it will be quite easy.

There are a lot of ways the trade could look, assets to get a deal done include:

- Cap space
- future picks (after this year DET owns all their 1sts, have some additional 2nds in later years)
- have young players: James Wiseman (Sign and trade), Isaiah Stewart, Jaden Ivey. I don't see them willing to part with Cade, Thompson, or Duren.
- a combination of the above.

is Wiseman, cap space, and a future 1st enough? Bulls get a young big, cap space, and a pick
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,665

Post#42 » by sco » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:38 pm

LateNight wrote:
sco wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
I don't know why you'd find that hard to believe as a possibility. I'm not saying it's the likely outcome, but it sure wouldn't shock me. Probably not Ben Simmons/James Harden malcontent bad, but disengaged and hurting the team's chances of winning bad because he's just not going hard or gets too selfish trying to show off for other teams? Yeah, I can see that pretty easily.

I do wonder if we didn't bring back Demar if Zach's attitude wouldn't immediately improve as he could become the #1 option (which I think is at the root of his discontent).

Maybe - but Zach isn’t a number 1 option and shouldn’t be in that position

Oh, for sure, but I just want him to come back and give enough of a demonstration of health and reasonable attitude to return a couple 1sts again (or at least reasonable positive value). It's not like we're winning the title next season, so I don't mind miscasting him.
:clap:
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,612

Post#43 » by jacoby1us » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:01 pm

Honestly at this point we're in a really bad predicament with salary cap issues and a lack of draft capital for the 2025 draft. My recommendation would be the following below:

Chicago Trades:
Lavine

Brookly Trades:
Simmons
2025 FRP (unprotected)

The salary works for both sides salary cap wise, it would be a one year rental for the Bulls to evaluate Simmons as he can play multiple positions including PG/PF and C with his size and versatility. Plus we pickup a 2025 FRP pick without any restrictions that could potentially lead us into the Cooper Flagg sweepstakes.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,804

Post#44 » by dougthonus » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:12 pm

jacoby1us wrote:Honestly at this point we're in a really bad predicament with salary cap issues and a lack of draft capital for the 2025 draft. My recommendation would be the following below:

Chicago Trades:
Lavine

Brookly Trades:
Simmons
2025 FRP (unprotected)

The salary works for both sides salary cap wise, it would be a one year rental for the Bulls to evaluate Simmons as he can play multiple positions including PG/PF and C with his size and versatility. Plus we pickup a 2025 FRP pick without any restrictions that could potentially lead us into the Cooper Flagg sweepstakes.

I doubt Brooklyn gives you an unprotected pick for Zach. They may not even do that trade straight up right now. I'd guess if you got a pick it's lotto protected and just to save face for the bulls, but not of high value.

That said Brooklyn could certainly use the scoring / shooting, so who knows. They have some other good young pieces, it's not a crazy fit or anything. Definitely the base of the deal of Simmons for LaVine with something else included or not is one that is thrown around a lot, how much we could get in addition to the salary dump is an interesting question. Would be nice if we had a couple bidders, even at low offers, to force them to throw in something.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,700

Post#45 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 pm

dougthonus wrote:
League Circles wrote:I find it very hard to believe that Zach would cause problems. He's too professional and has too much time left on his deal to go down that road IMO. I'd probably be much more ok with a pure 1 year dump of his deal (such as for Ben Simmons) than I would some kind of deal that brings back more mediocre players with more years left that dont fit our needs.

I don't know why you'd find that hard to believe as a possibility. I'm not saying it's the likely outcome, but it sure wouldn't shock me. Probably not Ben Simmons/James Harden malcontent bad, but disengaged and hurting the team's chances of winning bad because he's just not going hard or gets too selfish trying to show off for other teams? Yeah, I can see that pretty easily.

Even more on the nose, I kinda think we already saw a little bit of that this season. I’m a Zach fan but not only do I find it believable, it’s what I’d bet on as most likely.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Post#46 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:17 pm

I don't think Lavine would even be a superstar worthy malcontent.

Too much air between the ears to really be disruptive/corrosive.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#47 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:22 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:I don't think Lavine would even be a superstar worthy malcontent.

Very unfair. His frustration has seeped through at times but he’s largely been a model and hard working Bull.

As a player he has his flaws, especially in the role he has had on this team, and reasonable minds can differ on where his true quality as a player lies, but it’s frustrating see Bulls fans bag on him on a personal level. Frankly he “deserves” better.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#48 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:23 pm

DuckIII wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I don't think Lavine would even be a superstar worthy malcontent.

Very unfair. His frustration has seeped through at times but he’s largely been a model and hard working Bull.

As a player he has his flaws, especially in the role he has had on this team, and reasonable minds can differ on where his true quality as a player lies, but it’s frustrating see Bulls fans bag on him on a personal level. Frankly he “deserves” better.

I'm saying I think the true malcontents can poison a locker room.

And Lavine doesn't have that clout with teammates.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:30 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

And that he’s stupid. It’s still just speculative and unwarranted personal shots at a player who, for the most part, has been an exemplary Bull.

Lavine’s legacy as leading the Bulls to success will be that of a failure. But his legacy as a person and representative of the organization should be appreciative. Especially by the standards of modern professional athletes who find themselves frustrated with their standing in an organization.

Zach has largely taken the high road and avoided the drama and as a Bulls fan I respect that. I respect him.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#50 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm

DuckIII wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

And that he’s stupid. It’s still just speculative and unwarranted personal shots at a player who, for the most part, has been an exemplary Bull.

Lavine’s legacy as leading the Bulls to success will be that of a failure. But his legacy as a person and representative of the organization should be appreciative. Especially by the standards of modern professional athletes who find themselves frustrated with their standing in an organization.

Zach has largely taken the high road and avoided the drama and as a Bulls fan I respect that. I respect him.

He comes across as an airhead any time he talks basketball. And that absolutely has something to do with why he's a failure competitively.

And yeah, I'm not going to get weepy about a guy getting paid 8 figures showing up to work every day and working hard. Given his focus/execution defensively, I'm not even convinced that's a wholly accurate sentence anyway.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,384

Post#51 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:15 pm

jacoby1us wrote:Honestly at this point we're in a really bad predicament with salary cap issues and a lack of draft capital for the 2025 draft. My recommendation would be the following below:

Chicago Trades:
Lavine

Brookly Trades:
Simmons
2025 FRP (unprotected)

Brooklyn fans on the trade board are rather adamant that it's their team's plan to be players in the 2025 free agency market, any plans adding salary to the books in 2025 is generally criticized for doing so.
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,104

Post#52 » by cool007 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:32 pm

If I am philly, I would go after Zach and when you have a trio of Maxey, Lavine and Embiid, you have a pretty good chances vs anyone. Just need to fill other pieces with 3 and D type guys.

Same as above with Lakers - LeBron, Lavine and AD - remember Lavine himself beat Denver quite a few times - Lavine tends to play really well vs Denver and Lakers only have great trouble vs only 1 team and that's Denver. No brainer.

Warriors: You see how pathetic Klay played in the do or die game? Lavine even when him not having good shooting game, would still give you 20points - especially when the other team is sending double/triple at Steph Curry. Also having a nice 3 and D and a great passer like Draymond is there, it would only make Lavine's scoring much easier.

I also like to see Lavine with these 2 young teams - Orlando Magic and Sacramento Kings - they could really use a scorer like Lavine.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,903

Post#53 » by TheStig » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:41 pm

They should just keep him. This is selling at the absolute bottom of the market. Just blow up this turd. Sign and Trade DDR for something and let Lavine and Coby jack up shots till they put up great numbers and someone overpays. Let Ball and Vuc come off the cap. Have a terrible record and keep your picks and rebuild.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,327

Post#54 » by Stratmaster » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:00 pm

sco wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
League Circles wrote:I find it very hard to believe that Zach would cause problems. He's too professional and has too much time left on his deal to go down that road IMO. I'd probably be much more ok with a pure 1 year dump of his deal (such as for Ben Simmons) than I would some kind of deal that brings back more mediocre players with more years left that dont fit our needs.

I do wonder if we didn't bring back Demar if Zach's attitude wouldn't immediately improve as he could become the #1 option (which I think is at the root of his discontent).
Zach's attitude? Billy Donovan doesn't like Zach. The Bulls tried to trade him for almost a year before Zach said a word. Lavine had no issue with Demar. They were both scoring 25 ppg and being talked about as one of the best scoring duos in the NBA when this all started

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#55 » by LateNight » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:02 pm

cool007 wrote:If I am philly, I would go after Zach and when you have a trio of Maxey, Lavine and Embiid, you have a pretty good chances vs anyone. Just need to fill other pieces with 3 and D type guys.

Same as above with Lakers - LeBron, Lavine and AD - remember Lavine himself beat Denver quite a few times - Lavine tends to play really well vs Denver and Lakers only have great trouble vs only 1 team and that's Denver. No brainer.

Warriors: You see how pathetic Klay played in the do or die game? Lavine even when him not having good shooting game, would still give you 20points - especially when the other team is sending double/triple at Steph Curry. Also having a nice 3 and D and a great passer like Draymond is there, it would only make Lavine's scoring much easier.

I also like to see Lavine with these 2 young teams - Orlando Magic and Sacramento Kings - they could really use a scorer like Lavine.

Having Embiid would counter-balance a lot of Zach’s flaws.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,166

Post#56 » by League Circles » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:23 pm

DuckIII wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

Even more on the nose, I kinda think we already saw a little bit of that this season. I’m a Zach fan but not only do I find it believable, it’s what I’d bet on as most likely.

I mean I can see him being a bit disengaged, but that happens often with many players for many reasons. I think it's likely that he buys in and tries to play winning ball with his teammates.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Post#57 » by The Box Office » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 pm

Zach LaVine is still with the Chicago Bulls? Thought he was already gone.
burlydee
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#58 » by burlydee » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:18 pm

League Circles wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

I mean I can see him being a bit disengaged, but that happens often with many players for many reasons. I think it's likely that he buys in and tries to play winning ball with his teammates.

He had the chance to do that this year. He requested a trade. He wore those LA hats. He wore that ugly Klutch sweater. He chose to be a disinterested lout this year.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:32 pm

burlydee wrote:
League Circles wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

He had the chance to do that this year. He requested a trade. He wore those LA hats. He wore that ugly Klutch sweater. He chose to be a disinterested lout this year.

That’s a little extreme in my book but, yes, the point remains. He’s already shown us that he is capable of and willing to be a distraction. At least to some degree. It’s a legitimate concern. And I’m not really even saying it as a criticism in this scenario.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,166

Post#60 » by League Circles » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:51 pm

DuckIII wrote:
burlydee wrote:
League Circles wrote:I mean I can see him being a bit disengaged, but that happens often with many players for many reasons. I think it's likely that he buys in and tries to play winning ball with his teammates.

That’s a little extreme in my book but, yes, the point remains. He’s already shown us that he is capable of and willing to be a distraction. At least to some degree. It’s a legitimate concern. And I’m not really even saying it as a criticism in this scenario.

To whatever legitimate extent that's true, I still think considering he found out no one wants him and the team is just as good without him, he'll switch gears and be a model teammate. Just my guess I suppose.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear

Return to Chicago Bulls