Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition 

Post#81 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

sco wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
DropStep wrote:
Boban isn't just tall, he is an absolute gym rat and has a lot of skills. His career PER is 25.3. Yao's was 23, Porzingis's 20.7, Tacko Fall's 18.8, Shawn Bradley's 16. Boban is also ripped and shoots 5% better than Edey on free throws at 76%. He just can't stay on the floor defensively.

Over his career he has taken 3 shots a game and they are almost all within 3 feet of the rim. He’s nowhere near the skilled scorer inside that Edey is and he’s less mobile, which is hard to be. His PER is based on 8 minutes per game and being “ripped” doesn’t matter.

He can pass though.

Boban aside, Edey is big, skilled near the basket but slow footed and lacks a 3 ball. I'm hard-pressed to think of a current starting C that has that mix.

I mean we started Vuc all season lol.

Valanciunas, Poetl.

And I don't see the need to find a direct comparison for him. There's no direct comparison for Giannis or Zion either. That's how true physical outliers tend to work.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,725

Post#82 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:09 pm

sco wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
DropStep wrote:
Boban isn't just tall, he is an absolute gym rat and has a lot of skills. His career PER is 25.3. Yao's was 23, Porzingis's 20.7, Tacko Fall's 18.8, Shawn Bradley's 16. Boban is also ripped and shoots 5% better than Edey on free throws at 76%. He just can't stay on the floor defensively.

Over his career he has taken 3 shots a game and they are almost all within 3 feet of the rim. He’s nowhere near the skilled scorer inside that Edey is and he’s less mobile, which is hard to be. His PER is based on 8 minutes per game and being “ripped” doesn’t matter.

He can pass though.

Boban aside, Edey is big, skilled near the basket but slow footed and lacks a 3 ball. I'm hard-pressed to think of a current starting C that has that mix.

I agree with that. I don’t project him as a full time starter. I don’t want him with our pick, only later in the draft. I do think he’ll have productive and useful NBA career though.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#83 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:10 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
sco wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

He can pass though.

Valanciunas, Poetl.

And I don't see the need to find a direct comparison for him. There's no direct comparison for Giannis or Zion either. That's how true physical outliers tend to work.

He’s a physical outlier in negative ways too though. Those guys aren’t.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,666

Post#84 » by sco » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:13 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
sco wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

He can pass though.

Valanciunas, Poetl.

JV and Vuc, both had 3pt shots (when they were legit starting talents). Poetl is probably a better defender, and I think Edey is more skilled at scoring but way worse defensively.

Both Giannis and Zion have a comp in Lebron, but to say Edey is that sort of physical outlier as those 2 guys is silly.
:clap:
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#85 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 pm

DuckIII wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
sco wrote:Boban aside, Edey is big, skilled near the basket but slow footed and lacks a 3 ball. I'm hard-pressed to think of a current starting C that has that mix.

Valanciunas, Poetl.

Zion is. Fat, short armed, and not great agility. Horrible stamina.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,283

Post#86 » by prolific passer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:23 pm

Best player available. Best big available. Best UConn player available. Ak gonna draft the best guy who gives the bulls the best chance for continuity and competitiveness of course though.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#87 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:25 pm

sco wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
sco wrote:Boban aside, Edey is big, skilled near the basket but slow footed and lacks a 3 ball. I'm hard-pressed to think of a current starting C that has that mix.

Valanciunas, Poetl.

JV and Vuc, both had 3pt shots (when they were legit starting talents). Poetl is probably a better defender, and I think Edey is more skilled at scoring but way worse defensively.

Both Giannis and Zion have a comp in Lebron, but to say Edey is that sort of physical outlier as those 2 guys is silly.

JV hasn't shot a 3 yet against the Thunder. Vuc's 3-point shooting is basically a joke.

It's not really silly though. He basically has Wembenyama dimensions with Drummond brute strength. He's Yao with more wingspan/motor and less mid-range jump shots.

And he's a probably a better shooter than both Giannis/Zion.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#88 » by TheSuzerain » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:27 pm

Give me Cam Spencer from UConn if we can get a late 1st/early 2nd.

Guy just plays great basketball.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#89 » by DuckIII » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:08 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:I mean we started Vuc all season lol.

Valanciunas, Poetl.

Yeah right. Fatness is a conditioning issue for Zion. Edey can’t do anything about his very real and serious limitations.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,421

Post#90 » by jump » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:11 pm

Maybe I'm projecting my own fantasy, but I keep looking at Yves Missi and wondering if he's going to developing into a super athletic front court force. I gotta admit that I was also impressed with Cam Spencer during the tournament.
prolific passer
Analyst
And1: 1,283

Post#91 » by prolific passer » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:19 pm

DuckIII wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Yeah right. Fatness is a conditioning issue for Zion. Edey can’t do anything about his very real and serious limitations.

Even though Zion is out of shape. He's still one of the most athletic players in the league which is crazy.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,428

Post#92 » by Muzbar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:06 am

What's everyone's take on Isaiah Collier? Had a strong start to the year in which he was being touted as the no. 1 pick, but seemed to taper off and is barely talked about now.

An odd concern is his FT% (67%) it's odd on that he just seems to be inconsistent, he had games where he went 11-13 and 12-16 and then other games where he went 5-12 and 8-15 which is just bizarre to me.

Either way he shot 49% from the floor overall, which given his mediocre 3pt% (34%) is pretty impressive for a guard.

He's got a strong build for a guard too at 6'4" and 205lbs, he's quick and has a good handle.

Is he closer to Dwyane Wade or Dion Waiters?

If he's there at 11, I'd seriously have to consider taking him.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,042

Post#93 » by Chi town » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 am

TheSuzerain wrote:Give me Cam Spencer from UConn if we can get a late 1st/early 2nd.

Guy just plays great basketball.

Kid is a winner. Crazy intangibles. He gets 100% of 5050 balls. It’s crazy to watch.
2weekswithpay
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#94 » by 2weekswithpay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:59 pm

Muzbar wrote:What's everyone's take on Isaiah Collier? Had a strong start to the year in which he was being touted as the no. 1 pick, but seemed to taper off and is barely talked about now.

An odd concern is his FT% (67%) it's odd on that he just seems to be inconsistent, he had games where he went 11-13 and 12-16 and then other games where he went 5-12 and 8-15 which is just bizarre to me.

Either way he shot 49% from the floor overall, which given his mediocre 3pt% (34%) is pretty impressive for a guard.

He's got a strong build for a guard too at 6'4" and 205lbs, he's quick and has a good handle.

Is he closer to Dwyane Wade or Dion Waiters?

If he's there at 11, I'd seriously have to consider taking him.

He's grown on me a bit. His draft stock fell because he isn't a shooting threat and he kept turning the ball over. He cleaned up a lot of the mistakes at the end of the season.

The appeal is understandable, Collier has good size, he's built like a running back, he gets to the rim and finishes through contact. Not the best passer but he isn't selfish and can make good reads.

With that said, Collier isn't that great of an athlete. His first step is good but not great. He has short arms and is a below the rim athlete. He only has 6 dunks this season. He can't shoot, he doesn't rebound and doesn't defend.

The upside is there but I don't know if it makes sense for the Bulls when we have Ayo and Coby. Collier isn't the worst fit but he needs reps.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 761

Post#95 » by othawhitemeat » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:09 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:The NBA Draft Room Mock posted earlier has the Bulls taking Reed Sheppard. I'd be okay with that, but would wonder about his fit on a team with Ayo, Coby, Carter and Zach (but that's something you figure out later).

I've mostly seen him going top 7. Would be shocking to see him drop to 11. He is also 6'3" and not a big time athlete. Seems like a better defender version of Coby.

Sheppard is literally Kirk Hinrich without the partying, IMO. Good defender, not a shot creator, but good shooter, underrated athlete that has long wing-span, high IQ, good passer. Maybe Caruso like?
Charlesareed
Sixth Man
And1: 746

Post#96 » by Charlesareed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:56 pm

The bulls need to draft either a SF or a PF possibly a C
Chicago Raised me
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,267

Post#97 » by Dan Z » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 pm

othawhitemeat wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Dan Z wrote:The NBA Draft Room Mock posted earlier has the Bulls taking Reed Sheppard. I'd be okay with that, but would wonder about his fit on a team with Ayo, Coby, Carter and Zach (but that's something you figure out later).

I've mostly seen him going top 7. Would be shocking to see him drop to 11. He is also 6'3" and not a big time athlete. Seems like a better defender version of Coby.

Sheppard is literally Kirk Hinrich without the partying, IMO. Good defender, not a shot creator, but good shooter, underrated athlete that has long wing-span, high IQ, good passer. Maybe Caruso like?

Was Kirk a known partier?

If the Bulls get a Hinrich level player at #11 I'd be happy with that.
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#98 » by Dan Z » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:13 pm

Charlesareed wrote:The bulls need to draft either a SF or a PF possibly a C

Just draft BPA. The team needs size, but don't draft size just to draft it.
Muzbar
Starter
And1: 1,428

Post#99 » by Muzbar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 pm

Dan Z wrote:
Charlesareed wrote:The bulls need to draft either a SF or a PF possibly a C

Just draft BPA. The team needs size, but don't draft size just to draft it.

Exactly, don't target position when you're in the situation the Bulls are in. Target talent, doesn't matter if it's another guard.

If the Bulls strike lotto luck and are in a position to draft Nikola Topic, they definitely should do so, doesn't matter if they have Ayo and Coby on the roster.
Go Bulls... I guess!? Right!?
Dan Z
RealGM

Post#100 » by Dan Z » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 pm

I did a quick search and here's what these mock drafts have the Bulls picking in 2024:

EPSN: Isaiah Collier, but they also had the Bulls at #10 so maybe it's an older mock?
The Ringer: Zaccahrie Risacher, also at #10.
NBADraft.net: Stephon Castle
NBADraftRoom: Reed Sheppard
Tankathon: Ron Holland

I don't think Risacher and Sheppard will be there at #11, but it's possible that someone drops. Every team that picks 1-10 could use a good small forward (less so Houston and Washington...but Washington needs BPA).

Detroit, Washington and San Antonio could all use a guard like Sheppard (maybe Houston and Utah too...Utah for taking BPA...Houston for a FVV replacement down the road). Detroit will pick too high to select him.

Return to Chicago Bulls