Image ImageImage Image

2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,384

Re: 2024 NBA Draft - DA BULLS Edition 

Post#21 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 pm

I'm still a Tyler Smith guy.

He keeps falling in mocks. But the more I look into the draft the more I just like Smith.

Day 1 he's going to bring size and shooting. And all the kinds of shooting, spot-up, off movement, create his own shot with a face-up game. pick and pop.

Then, like everyone else in the draft, it will come down to his development can he grow the other areas of his game.

He's a modern, big, stretch 4 small-ball 5.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,806

Post#22 » by Jcool0 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:40 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Andi Obst wrote:I know almost nothing about this draft class, but the fact that ESPN has Risacher going first tells you all you need to know. That's just straight up ridiculous.

Watch the Bulls luck into a top 4 pick in this draft :lol:

Odds are there will be at lest 2 all star talents in this draft. Problem is depending on how this draft goes, you might be able to land that at 4 or 11. Its going to take really good scouting and that doesn't seem to be a Bulls strength.

In my opinion we all are being too harsh on AKME for draft picks.

Firstly no one gets it all right.

Secondly, he hasn't had many chances to draft. Everyone sort of picks on Patrick and Dalen, but no one ever wants to give credit for Ayo and to a lesser extend Julian Phillips. Like they forgot AKME drafted Ayo but deserves a ton of credit.

He does have to have his defining pick though. Gar has his problems building a team, but he had plenty of defining late picks that gave him equity of drafting well. Jimmy, Niko, Taj, Portis. All 22 and later in drafts.

Outside of Killian Hayes, you can make a case you couldn't of made a worse pick then Williams in the top 12. So far out of the 4 players drafted 3 have been busts with potentially 2 in Terry & Simonovic not even being NBA players.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,226

Post#23 » by Red8911 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Time for the Bulls to draft a center since Vuc is getting older and Drummond probably isn’t returning.

Best options are the 2 centers from the NCAA final Clinigan and Edey. Hopefully one of them will be available for the bulls but first we need to see where they are drafting. Never know they can move up to the top 4.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,666

Post#24 » by sco » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:11 pm

Red8911 wrote:Time for the Bulls to draft a center since Vuc is getting older and Drummond probably isn’t returning.

Best options are the 2 centers Clinigan and Edey. Hopefully one of them will be available for the bulls but first we need to see where they are drafting. Never know they can move up to the top 4.

I know we need to "get lucky" in the draft in order to escape NBA hell, but I am currently of the mind that we should be using our key assets like our pick and Caruso, coupled to salary filler to bring in a more proven good player.

I generally dislike drafting C's, but if nabbing Clingan or Edey pushes Vuc to a bench role, I might be able to get behind that.
:clap:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,115

Post#25 » by MrSparkle » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
Odds are there will be at lest 2 all star talents in this draft. Problem is depending on how this draft goes, you might be able to land that at 4 or 11. Its going to take really good scouting and that doesn't seem to be a Bulls strength.

Secondly, he hasn't had many chances to draft. Everyone sort of picks on Patrick and Dalen, but no one ever wants to give credit for Ayo and to a lesser extend Julian Phillips. Like they forgot AKME drafted Ayo but deserves a ton of credit.

He does have to have his defining pick though. Gar has his problems building a team, but he had plenty of defining late picks that gave him equity of drafting well. Jimmy, Niko, Taj, Portis. All 22 and later in drafts.

Outside of Killian Hayes, you can make a case you couldn't of made a worse pick then Williams in the top 12. So far out of the 4 players drafted 3 have been busts with potentially 2 in Terry & Simonovic not even being NBA players.

That’s kind of a stretch. PHX waived Smith before his 3rd year (dunno why, he seems fine in IND), Obi/Okoro/Okongwu have been mediocre bench guys, Vassell and Deni have been solid but not spectacular.

I’m no fan of Patrick, 4y in, but the pick actually could’ve been much worse. Other rumored guys beyond 12 also busted: Kira, Poku.

Ultimately, Hali, Maxey and Bane were there for the pickin’, and LaMelo and Edwards were obviously underrated heading into that draft. I can’t blame them as much for the Pat pick as much as I can blame them for believing so much in him. Seems like their hope became irrational after year 1, though TBF he got injured and they didn’t have many options.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#26 » by Jcool0 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:32 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:

That’s kind of a stretch. PHX waived Smith before his 3rd year (dunno why, he seems fine in IND), Obi/Okoro/Okongwu have been mediocre bench guys, Vassell and Deni have been solid but not spectacular.

I’m no fan of Patrick, 4y in, but the pick actually could’ve been much worse. Other rumored guys beyond 12 also busted: Kira, Poku.

Ultimately, Hali, Maxey and Bane were there for the pickin’, and LaMelo and Edwards were obviously underrated heading into that draft. I can’t blame them as much for the Pat pick as much as I can blame them for believing so much in him. Seems like their hope became irrational after year 1, though TBF he got injured and they didn’t have many options.

Smith was traded not waived and went from 6 ppg for the Sun's to 13 ppg with Indiana. Vassell just signed a 5 year 145M contract. Deni just had 14.7 ppg 7.2 rebound 3.8 assist season, which was exactly what we were hoping if the Bulls took him. Obi is way better then Williams in his role.
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,698

Post#27 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:42 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:This is the first time in a while where we can pick a meaningful selection.

Current position: #11

I'll admit, I haven't been following enough College and international ball to know who the hot names are.

But we have a lot of great posters here that can throw some names out there that maybe available at #11.

Not sure if AK will keep this pick.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,226

Post#28 » by Red8911 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:43 pm

sco wrote:
Red8911 wrote:Time for the Bulls to draft a center since Vuc is getting older and Drummond probably isn’t returning.

Best options are the 2 centers Clinigan and Edey. Hopefully one of them will be available for the bulls but first we need to see where they are drafting. Never know they can move up to the top 4.

I know we need to "get lucky" in the draft in order to escape NBA hell, but I am currently of the mind that we should be using our key assets like our pick and Caruso, coupled to salary filler to bring in a more proven good player.

I generally dislike drafting C's, but if nabbing Clingan or Edey pushes Vuc to a bench role, I might be able to get behind that.

These guys won’t replace Vuc from day 1 but they can at least split the minutes and if good enough then eventually become a starter. Center is the way to go though for sure.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#29 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:43 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:if Knecht is there at 11 I would likely take him.

Are you going for BPA or by need. We do need size.

I'd go for need.We need a big guy who can develop in a good interior defender.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#30 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 pm

I keep reading about this being a very weak draft,not sure if we'll can find a good player( at least) with #11.
Hopefully AK won't pick another Terry.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,576

Post#31 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:49 pm

SfBull wrote:I keep reading about this being a very weak draft,not sure if we'll can find a good player( at least) with #11.

It is not very good. That is why BPA. I mean if Kilngan is there sure yeah take him but I am not sold on a lot of the bigs.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#32 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:50 pm

ThisGuyFawkes wrote:Knowing AKME, it will be one of the taller versatile wings like Risacher, Saluan, or Cody Williams. They seem to fit that profile as raw kids with 2-way potential, much like Pat and Terry.

I wouldn't mind Ja'Kobe Walter though. Seems like he could give us a little breathing room for when the eventual Caruso injury happens. I just don't know how much he'll play behind Coby, Ayo, Caruso, and DDR (if he resigns).

So you're talking about another wasted pick.
SfBull
Head Coach

Post#33 » by SfBull » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:58 pm

Jcool0 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Smith was traded not waived and went from 6 ppg for the Sun's to 13 ppg with Indiana. Vassell just signed a 5 year 145M contract. Deni just had 14.7 ppg 7.2 rebound 3.8 assist season, which was exactly what we were hoping if the Bulls took him. Obi is way better then Williams in his role.

We're close to labeling Pat as a bust at #4.But he's still young and injured so people can always say he didn't show all his skills yet.He needs to be better next season.
Jcool0
RealGM

Post#34 » by Jcool0 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:02 pm

SfBull wrote:
ThisGuyFawkes wrote:Knowing AKME, it will be one of the taller versatile wings like Risacher, Saluan, or Cody Williams. They seem to fit that profile as raw kids with 2-way potential, much like Pat and Terry.

I wouldn't mind Ja'Kobe Walter though. Seems like he could give us a little breathing room for when the eventual Caruso injury happens. I just don't know how much he'll play behind Coby, Ayo, Caruso, and DDR (if he resigns).

If the goal is to trade LaVine and bring everyone back (which is the most likely outcome) Kilngan is the best choice at 11. I've seen a few mocks with him in the top 6 so who knows but it's early in the process. He's 23 making him just a year younger then Coby White. That seems to be his biggest knock his upside, followed by defense but he has the athleticism to be an average guy on that end.
ThisGuyFawkes
Analyst
And1: 1,625
Location: Where the sugar cane grows taller than the God we once believed in

Post#35 » by ThisGuyFawkes » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:03 pm

SfBull wrote:

I calls em like I sees em
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,267

Post#36 » by Dan Z » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:38 pm

SfBull wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:

We're close to labeling Pat as a bust at #4.But he's still young and injured so people can always say he didn't show all his skills yet.He needs to be better next season.

2020 was a weak draft so I won't judge AK too harshly on it, but Quickley is another player taken after PW who has done better. I think you could make a case for Isaiah Stewart having a better career so far. Aaron Nesmith took awhile, but had a solid season with Indiana (I'd rather continue taking a chance on PW's potential).
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,267

Post#37 » by Dan Z » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:45 pm

SfBull wrote:I keep reading about this being a very weak draft,not sure if we'll can find a good player( at least) with #11.

I hope that whoever they pick is able to be a part of the rotation from day 1. If they get another player who spends most of his time in the Gleague than what's the point? Especially if it's another wing.

In another year or two do people really think that Terry, Phillips, Sanogo or Drell will become starters in the NBA? Maybe Phillips. If one of them becomes a solid rotation player that would be good, but the Bulls are able to sign vets for that (Craig and Drummond for example).
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,725

Post#38 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:22 pm

Chi town wrote:Knect
DaSilva
Shannon
Edey

Agree. This is a strange draft. I would like to see us go for the upperclassmen who project as almost certain NBA contributors this time, and even try to pick up an extra late first or early second to do so.

I do not believe we are going anywhere with a rebuild so the more strong young reliable guys we can get the better both for future trades and competing now. I’d love to draft two more “different position Ayos.” None of that is going to make you a contender on the court but it’s pretty clear we are not going to do anything drastic for 2 years. Have to accept reality when making draft recommendations.

Not saying there won’t be an upside guy we should take, but I don’t see it as much of an option in this draft and I really like some of the older guys.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,725

Post#39 » by DuckIII » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:23 pm

Andi Obst wrote:
Watch the Bulls luck into a top 4 pick in this draft :lol:

I’ll take it.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Post#40 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 pm

The Terry selection is just so bad lol.

But yeah let's draft someone who was actually a threatening scorer in college! Real basic stuff!

Return to Chicago Bulls