Image ImageImage Image

Bulls swapping out assistant coaches

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,660

Re: Bulls swapping out assistant coaches 

Post#21 » by Ice Man » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:32 pm

I'm old enough to remember the Sixers' public announcer -- starting at guard, Mo Cheeeeekz! He would draw out the eeees and then a very sudden ending, hissing the s so that it almost sounded like a z. I liked that.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,922

Post#22 » by RSP83 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 pm

Meh. Maybe get someone that can complement Billy's lack of tactical presence. Like when Doc had Thibs in Boston. Coaching staff certainly need improvement. Billy should've already been fired by this point. You can defend him all you want, but he's given a lot of chances and he hasn't been able to deliver results for 3 years now.
jnrjr79
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,443

Post#23 » by jnrjr79 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:30 am

DuckIII wrote:Shuffling assistant coaches may not be the change we asked for, but it’s the change we need. AK is wasting no time making good on his promise of creative and aggressive offseason changes.

While I know this is mostly snark, and setting aside Mo since he is moving to a different role of his own volition, one assumes Fleming was mostly a Billy decision and not AK. Presumably Billy has pretty thorough control over the hiring/firing of his assistants.
Peelboy
Starter
And1: 1,013

Post#24 » by Peelboy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:50 pm

This to me seems a nothingburger. Given this team's malaise, not surprising to try and change something up in the coaching staff. I don't think that makes it either a scapegoat of "aha, now this new AC corps will leapfrog us forward," neither is it unhelpful.

I also doubt significantly that this will be heralded by the FO as the "change" they were discussing and/or needed. It's probably helpful on the margin to get a new head in there (obviously depending on who they bring in, if it's Boylen then unhelpful).
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,542

Post#25 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:06 pm

Peelboy wrote:This to me seems a nothingburger. Given this team's malaise, not surprising to try and change something up in the coaching staff. I don't think that makes it either a scapegoat of "aha, now this new AC corps will leapfrog us forward," neither is it unhelpful.

I also doubt significantly that this will be heralded by the FO as the "change" they were discussing and/or needed. It's probably helpful on the margin to get a new head in there (obviously depending on who they bring in, if it's Boylen then unhelpful).

Ha won't be Boylen, think he is happy with being on the Pacers staff. Now Jim Boylan.... well he might be available.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,794

Post#26 » by dougthonus » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Peelboy wrote:This to me seems a nothingburger. Given this team's malaise, not surprising to try and change something up in the coaching staff. I don't think that makes it either a scapegoat of "aha, now this new AC corps will leapfrog us forward," neither is it unhelpful.

Ha won't be Boylen, think he is happy with being on the Pacers staff. Now Jim Boylan.... well he might be available.

We have to collect them all:
Jim Boylin -- Currently a plumber, but may consider a career change
Jim Boylon -- Currently a dermatologist, may be harder to lure
Jim Boylun -- Presently deceased, but still may be preferable to Boylen and Boylan

Those are the candidates.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,542

Post#27 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:49 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

We have to collect them all:
Jim Boylin -- Currently a plumber, but may consider a career change
Jim Boylon -- Currently a dermatologist, may be harder to lure
Jim Boylun -- Presently deceased, but still may be preferable to Boylen and Boylan

Those are the candidates.

If Boylin is union highly unlikely he is looking for a change.

Return to Chicago Bulls