Image ImageImage Image

Bulls come in 4th!...

Moderators: HomoSapien, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,763

Re: Bulls come in 4th!... 

Post#21 » by DuckIII » Thu May 2, 2024 2:01 pm

Ice Man wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Dude. Mike Breen and Clyde Drexler? :o Some fans have had it made.

Ha! You mean Frazier.

Oops, yes I did.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,330

Post#22 » by Stratmaster » Thu May 2, 2024 2:17 pm

dougthonus wrote:
DuckIII wrote:And when King is with Benetti - who has a dry sense of humor and pushes back on King and keeps him on track - he’s outstanding and fun.

Must be a personal thing, I can't even listen to King and Benetti. I find it completely unbearable.

Just together, they play into the worst parts of each other’s tendencies. Really the only thing that needs to happen to make them outstanding is for Bulls Amin to be NFL Amin.

I think Amin is probably getting a lot of push to lean into Stacey's jokes and make Stacey the show. I would agree that toning down their giggly behavior would be an improvement. I think they view Stacey as the star of the show though and want him on full display and are aiming for the product they get.

As I said above, if the Bulls were really good and didn't have a low post center on the team, I think their pairing would immediately be 10x as good. Stacey's worst habits of awful analysis come on display with Vuc, and their over the top fun / positivity would feel 100x better on a 50+ win team than it does on this depressing squad.
Yeah. Vuc not only is the worst trade ever, a mediocre center, the cause of most of the teams struggles, and the reason our color broadcaster sounds like he is clueless; he is also responsible for war in the middle east and enabling Vladimir Putin.

:)

Sent from my SM-S911U using RealGM mobile app
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 468

Post#23 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu May 2, 2024 3:02 pm

Stacey will always be a glass half full company man and that's fine but it just makes me appreciate Johnny Red Kerr more. He didn't sugarcoat how frustrating some of those post MJ teams were. Sidenote, I think Goff/Gill make for a great studio duo. Goff's the man.

Also, I may be the only person on earth who thinks this, but I liked Robbie Hummel when he subbed in for some games during the covid year.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,722

Post#24 » by madvillian » Thu May 2, 2024 5:39 pm

Ice Man wrote:
DuckIII wrote:Dude. Mike Breen and Clyde Drexler? :o Some fans have had it made.

Ha! You mean Frazier. But yeah, that's a great team. I love Clyde. He's so positive and upbeat, without being a cheerleader. And Breen goes without saying.

Sadly Clyde has fallen off quite a bit and probably should retire before he gets Funk level bad in a few years. Clyde in his prime when I was living in NYC was **** awesome. I used to see him walking into MSG sometimes when I was working next door he was as fashionable in person as he looks on TV, big guy, big personality, big clothes.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,875

Post#25 » by dougthonus » Thu May 2, 2024 8:25 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Lets face it, calling games basically goes with how good the team is.

If you look at their top 4 teams it's:
1: Knicks
2: Nets
3: Pelicans
4: Bulls

The Nets and Bulls stink, the Knicks / Pels are good but not amazing.

I've thought the Knicks have had the best team for years even when they were complete trash, I love Frazier and Breen. The Nets also have an amazing cast of people.

I do think a good team makes for a more fun broadcast and an easier road, so I agree there is probably some correlation here (like the Warriors guys rated high in the dynasty and low now), but some people whom are really good are getting good ratings despite not having a great team.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,673

Post#26 » by Michael Jackson » Thu May 2, 2024 9:45 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Lets face it, calling games basically goes with how good the team is.

When the Bulls were good and had stars, King was amazing.

When the Bulls suck, it's not going to have the same energy. That is just reality.

Watch when the Bulls get stars again and are good. King and Adam would sound better than they already are.

Great so another 40 years?
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,148

Post#27 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Thu May 2, 2024 9:53 pm

robert76 wrote:
DuckIII wrote:
madvillian wrote:
Heinsohn kinda made me laugh like Funk would from time to time. Still horrible but at least had some zingers once and awhile in their old age calls.

For awhile the Nets had the Czar and Ian Eagle as their home crew, what a **** dream home crew.

Dude. Mike Breen and Clyde Drexler? :o Some fans have had it made. We’ve had some great ones as well. Red was the man. And I’m a Stacey Fan, warts and all. But I’ll die on the hill that he and Amin together is a total disaster. Its gets so bad sometimes when they go off in their giggly little world I just mute the TV.

Amin acts like fanboy too often. I preferred Stacey with Benetti, their different personalities made them a better team, IMO.

Benetti is a much better announcer than Amin is. I'm not his biggest fan but the best analogy I can think of is Joe Buck, he's already a presence on the national stage but will almost certainly become a much larger one. Benetti should get off baseball though, he thinks anything hit to the outfield has a chance to leave the ballpark or vice versa. The Sox new guy is already better at reading the ball off the bat and his only prior baseball experience is remotely commentating Korean games. Benetti is much better at basketball IMO. Amin just plain sucks and should probably find a new profession. Off the top of my head, he's had one good call ever and it was when he went off on Grayson Allen for no reason.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#28 » by GoBlue72391 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:38 am

When the Bulls were good and had stars, King was amazing.

When the Bulls suck, it's not going to have the same energy. That is just reality.

Watch when the Bulls get stars again and are good. King and Adam would sound better than they already are.

I don't know, Jason Benetti and Steve Stone were a joy to listen to even when the White Sox were a disappointing dumpster fire. Different sport, but I think the biggest thing is having two guys that complement each other.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,289

Post#29 » by Dan Z » Fri May 3, 2024 1:01 am

DuckIII wrote:4th in the Central Division?

Does this mean Bulls ownership will pay the luxury tax next year?
BloodyQ
Starter
And1: 1,186

Post#30 » by BloodyQ » Fri May 3, 2024 4:36 am

Never in my life would I have thought that Drew Gooden would become a color commentator

Return to Chicago Bulls