Image ImageImage Image

Bulls lose to three refs in Detroit

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

pdenninggolden
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: Bulls lose to three refs in Detroit 

Post#141 » by pdenninggolden » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:15 pm

I would like to see the Bulls play with more intensity, focus, and purpose.
The NBA: Where DRose Happens!
"The problem with the world is that it draws the circle of the family too small."--Mother Theresa
God Rest the Souls of Norm VanLier and Johnny "Red" Kerr
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#142 » by Bulltalk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Dieselbound&Down wrote:
Tommy Udo 6 wrote:First of a 6 game losing streak....just sit back & dont get too upset about it...

we'll still make playoffs

It's a little harder to imagine the playoffs after playing so lackluster over the recent easy stretch of games. Hopefully, playing some hard competition and generally having more time together they will gel and start to be more consistent. This team hasn't been consistent since April-May 2007, ages ago.

Have we won 3 games in a row this year? I have to check.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#143 » by Posey H8er » Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:32 am

Bulltalk wrote:
Dieselbound&Down wrote:
Tommy Udo 6 wrote:First of a 6 game losing streak....just sit back & dont get too upset about it...

we'll still make playoffs

It's a little harder to imagine the playoffs after playing so lackluster over the recent easy stretch of games. Hopefully, playing some hard competition and generally having more time together they will gel and start to be more consistent. This team hasn't been consistent since April-May 2007, ages ago.

Have we won 3 games in a row this year? I have to check.

No the Bulls have not, and they did not do it all of last year either.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#144 » by Rerisen » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:47 am

pdenninggolden wrote:I would like to see the Bulls play with more intensity, focus, and purpose.

Would be nice. But I don't see Vinny as a Skiles type to demand that of this particular team. I think hiring a first timer like Vinny was kind of a signal that its 'ok' for this to be a developmental year. The team doesn't seem to take losses quite as hard as last year, expectations are lower. Sometimes with lower expectations comes less striving to exceed them unfortunately.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,414

Post#145 » by fleet » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:20 pm

well, I thought the Bulls just could not get over the momentum hump. It looked to me the Bulls didn't believe they had a prayer at any point, even during that 3rd quarter run. Either a ref would call a phantom or lame call against Rose and Gordon, or Maxiell would make a very nice play at the right time to snuff out the Bulls hopes. Besides them watching Stuckey The Great slackjawed. Pax should make a deal with the devil to get ahold of one of these Maxiell, Millsap, Carl Landry even types. If Pax has the wherewithal. A player like that who is transformative during a game would be great. Of course, you need a stable team to make a guy like that to work best for you. I'm alway jealous of team with GMs who pull these sorts of players out of their anusesezzz.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
TheKingpin07
Junior
And1: 0

Post#146 » by TheKingpin07 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:54 am

I have to disagree. Bulls lost because they can't score consistently.
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#147 » by BDM22 » Sat Jan 3, 2009 4:58 am

cocktailswith_2short wrote:We lost to three officials and a career once in a lifetime game by Rodney Stuckey . Had to correct you there a little Doug .

:D
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,888

Post#148 » by MAQ » Sat Jan 3, 2009 7:55 am

wow @ iverson and stuckey with 53 shots combined

EDIT: that entire game was weird

the pistons only take 5 3 pointers and dont make not a one while the kings were only 3-14 themselves

the pistons get to the line 24 times making 18 of them while the kings get to the line 34 times making 33 of them

kings not only outrebound detriot but they ended up with 19 offensive rebounds...all of that, and the pistons still win
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#149 » by Liqourish » Sat Jan 3, 2009 10:16 am

Rodney Stuckey 38 pts 4 rebs 7 asts 2 stls
Allen Iverson 23 pts 6 rebs 3 asts 1 stl
Tayshaun Prince 23 pts 10 rebs 3 blks
Amir Johnson 10 pts 14 rebs 3 blks

No Rip, Sheed or Dice.

Return to Chicago Bulls