Image Image Image Image

So what an off-season so far

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,432

So what an off-season so far 

Post#1 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:52 pm

2020 is looking interesting and they are still looking at Puig. I am by no means an avid Sox fan (I am so fairweather when it comes to baseball I can only watch winning baseball) but this off-season has been very very interesting.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Re: So what an off-season so far 

Post#2 » by transplant » Fri Jan 3, 2020 9:20 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:2020 is looking interesting and they are still looking at Puig. I am by no means an avid Sox fan (I am so fairweather when it comes to baseball I can only watch winning baseball) but this off-season has been very very interesting.

I came to the Sox board once before and was deafened by the sound of crickets. God love ya, Michael for giving it a try.

I've been a Sox fan since my earliest remembrance, which because I'm a really old fart, dates back to 1959 when I was 5 years old.

This has been the best offseason the Sox have had in years. Locking up Luis Robert to a long-term contract so he can start the season with the big club just keeps the momentum rolling. Hahn has been all over it from jump. The Sox came into free agency with a lot of promising players and have added exactly what they needed...stud catcher, 2 vet starters and a high-potential young right-fielder.

If Robert and Madrigal are as advertised, they don't have a weakness among position players. Their starting staff is a nice mix of high-potential young hurlers and proven inning-eating vets. They've got some good bullpen arms, but like every team in MLB could use more.

I'm psyched-up for the coming season like I haven't been in a long time.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,432

Post#3 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Jan 4, 2020 5:46 am

My family are diehard cub fans. I grew up more bipartisan though. At a young age I didn’t have Nellie Fox but I had the 83 winning ugly Sox and I loved Fisk. I grew up with Hairston Jr and Chet Lemon was a family friend so I had White Sox ties. Our next door neighbor was one of the lead scouts for the Dodgers and was the guy who drafted Ron Cey and got to meet him obviously after he was a Cub so anyhow I have ties to both teams a bit of a no no in Chicago.

Back on topic though loving what this team has done. Hahn went hard after Manny but came back smarter this offseason. They definitely added a bunch more to watch this season besides just Tim last year. Theo handcuffed himself with buying now a few years ago so it is fun seeing the Sox get a real exciting rebuild. I’m excited for spring training!

Let’s keep this forum alive with at least one post a year lol.
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#4 » by transplant » Thu Mar 5, 2020 10:42 pm

Moncada is now signed longer-term.

I don't mean to make this a Cub-Sox thing, but it's curious that the Sox have been incredibly successful at extending their young players while the Cubs have only signed Rizzo (and that was a while ago).

Hahn is taking good calculated risks IMO and it's the only way that a mid-market team (Cubs are a big-market team, but the Sox are a mid-market team) can build a serious contender. In any event, this is good stuff.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
BallUpnSlowMo
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#5 » by BallUpnSlowMo » Mon Apr 6, 2020 12:42 am

Hopefully the season will be played, even if it's shorten. I can't wait to see what the Sox can do!

Return to Chicago White Sox