Image Image Image Image

Why is it illegal in Illinois 2 like both Cubs & White S

Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 585

Post#21 » by Howling Mad » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:04 am

No beef against the Sox, my g/f's father is a 20+ year season ticket holder and because of that I see about 10 sox games a year at Sox Park. That doesn't include the ones they play aginast the Cubs.

However, at the end of last season we mocked whitesox fans in good fun, turning this board into the Cubs OT board.

Besides natedog and nitetrain, this board wasn't getting a lot of posts, so I, and the rest of the Cub posters, didn't think we hurt anyone's feelings.

If so, apologies to all. I don't want any Cubs/Sox flame wars, trust me, I get enough from my g/f's Dad and brother.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#22 » by SportsWorld » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:29 am

If the White Sox continue to win games, I think more people will begin to flock over here. Imagine if the Cubs had a season like the White Sox did last year. What would the Cubs board look like then?
NoSkyy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#23 » by NoSkyy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:55 pm

Cliff Levingston wrote:Cliff Levingston is a Sox fan but doesn't cheer against the Cubs. Cliff Levingston would love to see the Cubs win every game they play against teams other than the White Sox.

It's all about Chi-town baby.

That's exactly how I feel.
IndyPacers67
Junior
And1: 8

Post#24 » by IndyPacers67 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:26 pm

Go to soxtalk.com or whitesoxinteractive if you want to see Sox fans. I hate when people try to bash fanbases by making fun of fair weather fans. Real fans hate the fairweather people too, so you're not really making fun of the White Sox fans you are making fun of people who probably have spent most of their life rooting for the Cubs anyways.

As for rooting for both teams I hate that crap. Part of the culture of being a Sox fan is hating the Cubs and vice versa. I love hating the Cubs and I actively root against them every day. I love when we play each other, and I'm glad that in the stands it is brutal and not "good luck in the rest of your season, we'll be cheering for your guys". That would be boring.

To summarize, **** The Cubs.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#25 » by SportsWorld » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:26 am

IndyPacers67 wrote: I love hating the Cubs and I actively root against them every day.

This is a perfect example of why White Sox fans get a bad reputation. I don't understand why you guys even care about how the Cubs do since they are in the National League. If both were in the same division I could see why you would root against them.
A lot of White Sox fans I know care more about the Cubs than they do their own team. Over on White Sox Interactive they have that stupid "What's the Score?" forum where they spend time bashing the Cubs.

Oh, and this doesn't apply to all White Sox fans. Most of them are pretty classy.
IndyPacers67
Junior
And1: 8

Post#26 » by IndyPacers67 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:42 am

SportsWorld wrote:This is a perfect example of why White Sox fans get a bad reputation. I don't understand why you guys even care about how the Cubs do since they are in the National League. If both were in the same division I could see why you would root against them.

Because we hate the Cubs. Obviously we would rather see the Tigers, Twins and Indians lose over the Cubs losing, but we take joy in seeing the Cubs lose because we hate them. Just because a team doesn't really ever directly effect your team doesn't mean you can't wish ill-will on them.

SportsWorld wrote:A lot of White Sox fans I know care more about the Cubs than they do their own team.

I hear Cubs fans say this all the time and its such ****. I've been a Sox fan for 15 years and I've met a whole lot of Sox fans in that time. Never have I met one who cares more about the Cubs than they do about the Sox.

SportsWorld wrote:Over on White Sox Interactive they have that stupid "What's the Score?" forum where they spend time bashing the Cubs.

Right, because they are easy to bash and its fun because we like to hate them.
mildsauce04
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#27 » by mildsauce04 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:47 pm

I don't hate the Cubs at all. I got the Ozzie Plan for the Sox this year but I'll definitely stop off for a few Cubs games. The rivalry is stupid, both teams have been so bad that even cheering for both is barely like cheering for one good team. I understand why people hate the other team, but I'm a fan of watching baseball period.

Besides, everyone comes together as one big, happy family when Bears season rolls around.

Return to Chicago White Sox