Image Image Image Image

I'm such a noob

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

I'm such a noob 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Tue Jan 8, 2008 8:45 am

I'm a big Sox fan, but I never get to see any baseball down here in Australia, so I'm not really in the loop as far as keeping up with what's happening. Does anyone feel like coming up with a like a team profile for me? What are our strengths? What are our weaknesses? What does our depth chart look like? Maybe a bit of a pros/cons about our players too? This would be really appreciated as my girl is baseball crazy so I don't want to look like I have absolutely no idea when I go to visit her.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#2 » by Shootdabull » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:29 pm

To me the sox are shaping up as an also ran in 2008. Last year was a disappointing 72 win performance. I expect the guys to bounce back as the hitting really hit the skids. With the improved hitting and the twins losing hunter I think we can pass them up for third place. I don't see how we are going to catch the tigers or the indians unless they really slip this year.

We have some good power with Konerko, dye, swisher and thome. The return of Crede should give us some good defense.

The outfield of Dye, Swisher and Ramirez is looking very average. Unless dye can return to his 2006 form, which is asking alot. Ramirez is a big question mark and I suspect Quentin to get some time. Hopefully one of these two will be our surprise this year.

Pauly - Uribe - Cabrera -Crede/Fields should give us a solid infield. Second is the big weak spot that is why I am thinking Uribe is going to be moved there. AJ as always will be fun behind the plate.

The rotation once considered the strength is full of question marks. Buehrle is very good; Vazqeuz is very good and very bad; Contreras was down right awful (he looked like his career was done last year - just collecting hefty paychecks now) - Danks & Floyd both showed potential last year but the jury is still out. We will miss Garland this year.

The pen will be bolstered by Linebrink from the brewers and we have Jenks as an excellent closer. I am a fan of Thorton and think the bull pen will also be better.

Down on the farm - its empty. Kenny left the gates open - I read in the trib they don't expect us to have one top 50 prospect.

I think last year was a down year and I expect we will play better in 08. I am thinking a 10-15 game improvement but that only gets us 85 wins and looking up the division leaders. We should imporve at lf - cf - ss & the pen with the off season moves and the staring pitching looks worse. This team is going to need hot bats as the pitching is going to give up a fair amount of runs.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Wed Jan 9, 2008 2:41 am

Hey, thanks for the info. :D

Return to Chicago White Sox