3 vs Texas
3 at Detroit
4 at Minnesota
G I N T
Bench Warmer
And1: 202

Re: White Sox July Thread 

Post#2 » by G I N T » Wed Jul 2, 2008 2:34 pm

Yesterday was one of the best wins of this season. Can't believe how poorly Cleveland has played so far. Alexi Ramirez making his case for ROY.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#3 » by Shootdabull » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:15 pm

G I N T wrote:Yesterday was one of the best wins of this season. Can't believe how poorly Cleveland has played so far. Alexi Ramirez making his case for ROY.

I agree beating Lee was great - He pitched a great game . It seemed like he was always ahead in the count. I felt bad we couldn't get the win for Danks. The way he dueled with Lee was fun to watch and I can't remember the last time I saw a pitcher pick off two runners. Alexie was the man of hour though coming up with a sac fly to open up the scoring then keeping us alive with HR at the end of the game. When he hit it I did not think it was out. Then Wises pinch hit and stealing second you could just sense we were going to win. I was surprised to see borowski trotting out there in the tenth - it was the sign of hope.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#4 » by Shootdabull » Wed Jul 2, 2008 3:26 pm

SportsWorld wrote:2 vs the Indians
4 vs the A's
3 at Kansas City
3 at Texas
_______All Star Break_____
3 vs Kansas City
3 vs Texas
3 at Detroit
4 at Minnesota

We are off to a good start . A couple big series on the road at the end of the month will be a big test for us. Hopefully we will do well against KC & Texas to give ourselves a little breathing room. The tigers & twins are really both playing well lately and it should be a good race. I was glad to see the tigers lose yesterday to the twins as I think they are the better team.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#5 » by nitetrain8603 » Wed Jul 2, 2008 5:51 pm

Well I hope Cleveland gets hot when they play Minny and Detroit. Last night's win was great. If only Danks ever got run support of the bullpen didn't screw him over, he would be a bonafid all-star this year. As soon as we saw who was coming up in the bottom half of the last inning, me and my roomies predicted it would be Ramirez who hits a HR for either the tie or go-ahead run. Excellent victory.
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#6 » by SportsWorld » Thu Jul 3, 2008 4:47 am

2 walkoff wins in a row and a 7 game win streak. The Indians are 12.5 out now and in last place. :o
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#7 » by Shootdabull » Thu Jul 3, 2008 2:33 pm

What a great series for us. The last two games down to wire. Winning games where CC & Lee started back to back is tough to do. Lets keep it rolling against the A's.
nitetrain8603
RealGM

Post#8 » by nitetrain8603 » Thu Jul 3, 2008 3:18 pm

We have to face Duschurer tonight I believe. It's nuts. We faced the AL leader in Wins, then the AL Leader in K's and tonight we face the AL Leader in ERA.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#9 » by Shootdabull » Thu Jul 3, 2008 7:31 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:We have to face Duschurer tonight I believe. It's nuts. We faced the AL leader in Wins, then the AL Leader in K's and tonight we face the AL Leader in ERA.

Wow I did not realize he had a 1.9 era. Yikes and I thought Lee looked good. If we can beat these three the rest of the month should be a breeze for the hitters.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#10 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jul 7, 2008 5:55 pm

We are 4-2 with the first two series down for the month. Coming back to even the series against the A's after dropping the first two was a nice turn of events. With twins on fire and one game behind us we need to beat the royals on the road keep first. Two winnable series on the road coming up - If we can take these two we should be in good shape at the break.
nitetrain8603
RealGM

Post#11 » by nitetrain8603 » Tue Jul 8, 2008 1:14 am

I hope we sweep. I think Minny is starting a series with Boston tonight. Hopefully Boston just dominates them.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#12 » by Shootdabull » Tue Jul 8, 2008 4:22 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:I hope we sweep. I think Minny is starting a series with Boston tonight. Hopefully Boston just dominates them.

I'm looking for us to double our lead tonight. We should be able scores some runs off of Davies, if we can just get a decent outing out of Contreras. The Twins have the much tougher road match up (two good pitchers) Blackburn vs Lester. It's time to make some breathing room.
Mr Smoke Weed
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Mr Smoke Weed » Wed Jul 9, 2008 4:43 am

big big big big **** win tonight
whats the deal with linebrink fallin apart as a closer?!?!
smh
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#14 » by studcrackers » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:48 am

fun game tonight vs. you guys gents.

this might be my favorite ranger team ever b/c they show no quit ever, and they're a bunch of youngsters. if we didnt have such a patchwork rotation right now and everyone was healthy perhaps we wouldnt have given up so many runs and couldve came back against you tonight. but that was an amazing play by alexei vs. hamilton tonight, game saving perhaps. and brian anderson showed great range and instincts in the last 2 innings against michael young and david murphy, and danks killed us too, perhaps brandon mccarthy will one day be healthy so that trade wont look as bad as it does now
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#15 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:55 pm

studcrackers wrote:fun game tonight vs. you guys gents.

this might be my favorite ranger team ever b/c they show no quit ever, and they're a bunch of youngsters. if we didnt have such a patchwork rotation right now and everyone was healthy perhaps we wouldnt have given up so many runs and couldve came back against you tonight. but that was an amazing play by alexei vs. hamilton tonight, game saving perhaps. and brian anderson showed great range and instincts in the last 2 innings against michael young and david murphy, and danks killed us too, perhaps brandon mccarthy will one day be healthy so that trade wont look as bad as it does now

Well I only caught the very end of last nights game and it looks like you got revenge. Our pitchers had been throwing pretty well so I have to hand it to your bats they knocked us around pretty good this series. It's hard to beleive we got 22 hits yesterday and lost.

I don't know what to say on Brandon. I thought he was going to be a good/decent pitchers for years. He has some outings where he look real good for us I thought he would put it together. I have not followed him since he left. For me Danks has been a pleasent surprise, as I thought he was a big question mark for the season. He has made a bunch of quality starts for us and although he records is not spectacular he has done a good job of keeping us in games.
Mr Smoke Weed
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#16 » by Mr Smoke Weed » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:01 pm

interesting look at clayton richard
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#17 » by Shootdabull » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:30 pm

Big big win last night - lucky for us Floyd has been very good against the twins. I was worried we might be in second place today. Kudos to Floyd & Quentin for bringing a much needed W.
Shootdabull
Veteran

Post#18 » by Shootdabull » Fri Aug 1, 2008 1:09 pm

Well its good to be out of minny and we finished July a half game up. Hopefully, Griffey will give us a lift in August we need a spark. It would be nice to see us sweep the royals coming up, as I think its going to be tight race in August. Two series with the bosox in Aug should be interesting as our records are a dead heat, and could have wild card implications for the twins.

Return to Chicago White Sox