Image Image Image Image

Is Swisher a good defensive Center fielder?

#1knickfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Is Swisher a good defensive Center fielder? 

Post#1 » by #1knickfan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:01 pm

The Yanks just picked him up so I was curious as to his defensive ability.
jem3cerna
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Is Swisher a good defensive Center fielder? 

Post#2 » by jem3cerna » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Hes great but he choked on too many key situations for the sox. He killed us when he was an Oakland Athletic but did not do much to keep his starting job at CF. Dewayne Wise took it from him. Just look in the bright side the Yankees got Swisher for cheap. Swisher is capable of hitting 35 homers and can drive in 95 as he did in 07 for oakland. The sox got that infielder Wilson Benemit and that triple A player marquez. Is he good? Johnny Nunez is just beginning he dont count.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Post#3 » by nitetrain8603 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:23 am

Defensively, he's not as bad as you think he would be. I thought he would be terrible, but Swisher could hold his own. He just won't win you a GG at that position. Now at 1B, he's an excellent defender as well as LF.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#4 » by Shootdabull » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:24 pm

I tought Swish was a below average center fielder but not bad. I didn't think he had great range out there, but made the routine plays. I thought he played better at first when he replaced Pauley.

He just didn't hit his stride here - the change in scenery should do him good - he had decent numbers with the A's.

Return to Chicago White Sox