Image Image Image Image

Carlos Quentin Talks About Injury

bpayton34
Freshman
And1: 0

Carlos Quentin Talks About Injury 

Post#1 » by bpayton34 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 5:41 pm

Trying to come back from injury after a fantastic season, White Sox outfielder Carlos Quentin talks about missing the AL Divisional playoffs and getting his at bats in during spring training this season. Hear what the young left-fielder has to say about physically and mentally preparing for another long, grueling year.

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/18344
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,697

Re: Carlos Quentin Talks About Injury 

Post#2 » by nitetrain8603 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:06 am

If only we made it to the next round, I think he could've played. All indications were that his unorthodox rehab went pretty well.
TB#1
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#3 » by TB#1 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:30 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4173214

TORONTO -- White Sox outfielder Carlos Quentin left the team following Sunday's game against the Blue Jays and returned to Chicago for treatment on his left foot.

Quentin, who is batting .229 with eight homers and 18 RBIs, has started just one of Chicago's past five games. He had a cortisone shot Tuesday and sat out that evening's game at Cleveland, then pinch hit Wednesday.

After an off day Thursday, Quentin returned to the lineup Friday at Toronto. He was a late scratch Saturday.

White Sox interim manager Joey Cora said Quentin is scheduled to have shock wave treatment on his foot but didn't think there was any structural damage.

"They don't think it's anything really bad," Cora said before Sunday's game, Chicago's fourth straight loss. "It's just a bad spot, I guess."

Quentin tested his foot with some soft toss before Sunday's game. Depending on how Monday's treatment goes, Cora said Quentin could play Tuesday when the White Sox host Minnesota.

Quentin hit 36 home runs and finished fifth in AL MVP voting last season despite missing the final month with a fractured wrist.
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant
And1: 59

Post#4 » by ChronicKerr » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:05 pm

When do you guys think Quentin will be back playing? Is it true he could be shut down completely?

I just got him in my fantasy league on the cheap, real cheap thinking he'd be back mid July but the reports seem to vary right now. If only Thome wasn't there so he could DH.
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#5 » by Shootdabull » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:27 pm

I think Carlos is going to come back slowly. In addition to suffering from plantar fasciitis, he is concerned that he is one bad step away from rupturing the tendon in his foot even further. I do expect to see him back though. If you can afford to stash him for a while he might be a good pick up for you, but I would not expect much in near term.
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by ChronicKerr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:04 pm

I got him resting on the DL as we speak as I traded Bourn for him. Had to do it.

I'm just hoping he'll be ready to go day 1 after the break, but I'm skeptical. As long as the Sox are in the race they'll be more inclined to bring him back.
Barbara
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Barbara » Thu Jul 9, 2009 10:15 am

I would definitely take a chance on him. You have to think of it as a trade and say I'm giving away the worst player on my team to pick up a guy who, if he comes back healthy.

Edited for spam---SW
ChronicKerr
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by ChronicKerr » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Return to Chicago White Sox