Image Image Image Image

Andruw Jones to provide some pop?

Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Andruw Jones to provide some pop? 

Post#1 » by Shootdabull » Wed Dec 2, 2009 3:20 pm

Well Kenny is certainly going after some big name players, but it looks like another case of right player wrong decade. If Andrew can regain his old pop he would make a very good 3rd outfielder or dh. The problem is that Andruw has not hit over .225 since 2006. I hope Kenny has some good inside info on this one. From the outside after three bad seasons it looks like a low risk low reward move. I'm worried he ends up replacing dye instead of wise. If we do go get starting outfielder, I'll feel better about this move.
Balance-a-Bull
Bench Warmer
And1: 2
Location: Somewhere angry and lost in the Bulls brass psyche, where offense is an afterthought

Re: Andruw Jones to provide some pop? 

Post#2 » by Balance-a-Bull » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:06 am

Excellent point about right player wrong decade.

Hopefully he still has something left in the tank.

It would not be wise to replace Andrew with Dye. If we lose Dye along with losing Thome our ability to hit the long ball will come up very short. A lot will depend on who we get in right field. There some talk of the Sox pursuing Matsui, who could provide pop in right. Also, let's hope that Quentin can regain his homer hitting ways.

We'll see what Kenny can do soon.
A plea for post scoring is a plausible Bulls plan, but plainly isn't a priority. In response to a post player's dismay about his lack of points in the paint, Paxson said.... "I'm not nearly as concerned about the offensive stuff as he is."
Shootdabull
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#3 » by Shootdabull » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:20 pm

I think Kenny is counting on Andruw to give us some of the long ball we have lost with Dye & Thome. I've also seen Matsui name mentioned and I think that would help alot to round out the line up. I think Kenny will make another move so it will be interesting to see what it is. Quentin is one of those guys who always seems to get hurt. Thats why Kenny was able to get him. I think he will regain that power stroke its just a matter of how long will he be healthy for us. With our starting pitchers we should be competative for the division, but I think another good bat would go a long way to getting us there.
JimIan
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by JimIan » Sun Mar 7, 2010 5:10 pm

Just wondering how people feel about this move now that Jones is more of a 4th OF/part of the revolving DH?

He looks to be in better shape, and for a part-time player, you could do worse. If he bombs out, well... at least he's not making as much as with that Dodger deal (seriously, are they sill paying him?)

If he hits .250/260 (he was NEVER a high average guy, even with the Braves), 15-20HR and can play a couple games in the outfield this year, I'd say that's a pretty darn good deal!

~ Jim Ian ~
dlbcommish
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by dlbcommish » Tue Mar 9, 2010 6:50 pm

Hey I'm looking for a White Sox GM for my new fantasy league. You would take over the sox 25 man roster and their top prospects. There's a salary cap and contracts. It's run through yahoo and it's completely free.

http://dynasticleagues.wordpress.com/

The smartest white sox fan interested will be given the team.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#6 » by TNBT » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:22 am

So how is Jones looking now? Is he playing well? Poorly?

Return to Chicago White Sox