Reds Sign Cordero

SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Reds Sign Cordero 

Post#1 » by SportsWorld » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:55 pm

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiret ... r_cordero/
FoxSports - The Cincinnati Reds, making their first big acquisition of the Dusty Baker era, have reached a preliminary agreement with free-agent closer Francisco Cordero on a four-year, $46-million contract, major-league sources say.

The deal, which is pending a physical, includes a club option for a fifth year that can bring the total value of the package to $57 million.

The Brewers, who are on the verge of losing setup man Scott Linebrink to the White Sox, offered Cordero a four-year, $42 million contract, sources say.

Not too bad of a deal although 4 years may be a little too much.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Reds Sign Cordero 

Post#2 » by A.J. » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:58 pm

SportsWorld wrote:http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiretap_archives/8470/20071123/reds_reach_agrement_with_closer_cordero/
FoxSports - The Cincinnati Reds, making their first big acquisition of the Dusty Baker era, have reached a preliminary agreement with free-agent closer Francisco Cordero on a four-year, $46-million contract, major-league sources say.

The deal, which is pending a physical, includes a club option for a fifth year that can bring the total value of the package to $57 million.

The Brewers, who are on the verge of losing setup man Scott Linebrink to the White Sox, offered Cordero a four-year, $42 million contract, sources say.

Not too bad of a deal although 4 years may be a little too much.

the years are alright, but 42 million is too much
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#3 » by el loco » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:13 pm

I think it is 46 million. The brew crew offered him the 42. It ain't my money and I am glad to see us get a closer with the potential that cordero brings, but he did struggle down the stretch last season for the brewers. I think Weathers will be an effective set up man. Toss in Burton and Bray and our bullpen is starting to take some shape.

Now if we can find a good quality starter.
kingofthecourt67
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,549

Post#4 » by kingofthecourt67 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:49 am

Wow, I am ecstatic. We really made a statement. With the current market and our stadium, we were going to have to overpay and the best part is this guy gave up only 4 home runs. Now we could still se a decent number 4 and a guy who can drive in some runs.

Return to Cincinnati Reds