ImageImageImageImage

2023 Guardians Regular Season

ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs
And1: 859

2023 Guardians Regular Season 

Post#1 » by ijspeelman » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:21 pm

I've been trying to get into baseball for the better part of 5 years and this is the year where it finally clicked. I've been watching almost every Guardians game this year and am excited for some more. These guys kind of mirror the Cavaliers in a way where they have a very young core (youngest in the league for Guardians) that is already making the post-season.

Kwan, Gimenez, Brennan, Arias, Clase, Gonzalez, Curry, and Gaddis all being 25 and under and being a core part of our success.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Re: 2023 Guardians Regular Season 

Post#2 » by ijspeelman » Wed May 3, 2023 4:45 pm

Its been rough as of late.

Good hitting games have been hard to come by, but our young pitchers are doing pretty well for themselves.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#3 » by JonFromVA » Mon May 15, 2023 8:48 pm

ijspeelman wrote:I've been trying to get into baseball for the better part of 5 years and this is the year where it finally clicked. I've been watching almost every Guardians game this year and am excited for some more. These guys kind of mirror the Cavaliers in a way where they have a very young core (youngest in the league for Guardians) that is already making the post-season.

Kwan, Gimenez, Brennan, Arias, Clase, Gonzalez, Curry, and Gaddis all being 25 and under and being a core part of our success.

The difference is while the Guardians are one of the best run teams in MLB, there's a very strict timeline in which the team can retain talent and hence compete. Losing back to back Cy Young winners was especially brutal.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#4 » by ijspeelman » Tue May 16, 2023 9:34 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
ijspeelman wrote:I've been trying to get into baseball for the better part of 5 years and this is the year where it finally clicked. I've been watching almost every Guardians game this year and am excited for some more. These guys kind of mirror the Cavaliers in a way where they have a very young core (youngest in the league for Guardians) that is already making the post-season.

The difference is while the Guardians are one of the best run teams in MLB, there's a very strict timeline in which the team can retain talent and hence compete. Losing back to back Cy Young winners was especially brutal.

The young pitchers look to be developing pretty good for us, but agreed that it isn’t helpful that we’ve lost that talent.
ijspeelman
Forum Mod - Cavs
Forum Mod - Cavs

Post#5 » by ijspeelman » Wed May 31, 2023 2:18 am

With the injuries at the beginning of the season, we've gotten to seen a lot of the young arms. Now, the pitcher injury bug is wavering.

Soooooo, who goes down and who steps up?

I assume Bieber and McKenzie are locks for the starting slot. Who else?

The choices:
Civale
Quantrill
Bibee
Allen
Battenfield
Morris

My bets are on Civale and Allen, but the 5th pick is a toss-up.

I do assume Quantrill will head to the bullpen.

Return to Cleveland Indians