LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

May 15-17, Minnesota Twins series 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Tue May 15, 2007 5:18 pm

Image(18-19) vs Image(21-14)

Dimensions: Image

May 15------------------------ 7:05pm
Ramon Ortiz, RHP (3-3, 3.80) vs Paul Byrd, RHP (2-1, 2.84)

Scouting Report:
Twins: In his first six starts of the season, Ortiz had avoided the problem that caused him so much trouble in '06 -- the one big inning. That wasn't the case against the White Sox on Wednesday, as Ortiz gave up four runs in the first inning and gave up five overall in six innings. The Twins had wanted Ortiz to be more aggressive with his pitches and attack the inner half of the plate, but the Sox still managed to get their share of hits -- bloop, broken bat and otherwise. Against Cleveland, Ortiz is 3-1 with a 2.20 ERA in seven career appearances.

Indians: This is the Byrd the Indians signed up for in the winter before the '06 season. He's put together a quality start in four of his five outings, including a particularly solid start against the Angels on Wednesday. Byrd didn't get the win in the start, because of one bad pitch he made in the seventh, giving up a two-run homer to Kendry Morales. Those were the only runs allowed by Byrd, who lasted a season-high seven innings, allowing nine hits with no walks and three strikeouts.

May 16--------------- 7:05pm
Carlos Silva, RHP (2-3, 3.00) vs C.C. Sabathia, LHP (5-1, 4.02)

Scouting Report:
Twins: Silva's sinker continues to impress the Twins, even though he's not getting the type of run support that the club had hoped to provide. Five of Silva's seven starts this season have been quality, but the team's offense has been shut out in each of his two May starts. The hope is that when the Twins offense turns around, so will Silva's number of wins. Next up for Silva is a meeting with the Indians, who he held to three runs on seven hits over five innings in a no-decision on April 23.

Indians: The Indians are reshuffling their rotation coming out of Monday's off-day to keep Sabathia on four days' rest. Jeremy Sowers, who last pitched May 10 in Anaheim, is being bumped to the back of the rotation. Sabathia had his stuff working for him Friday night in Oakland, but he fell apart in the seventh, giving up a two-run homer to Jack Cust, a two-run double to Shannon Stewart and an RBI single to Nick Swisher -- all with one out. The five-run inning chased him out of the ballgame and sent him to his first loss of the season.

May 17------------- 12:05pm
Johan Santana, LHP (4-3, 3.35) vs Fausto Carmona, RHP (4-1, 3.12)

Scouting Report:
Twins: Though Santana has gone through his usual early season struggles, he has pitched better than his record suggest. On Friday against the Tigers, he was able to challenge opponents with his changeup and fastball but the struggling Twins offense left Santana on the losing end. Santana held Detroit to just two runs on six hits over six innings. This will be Santana's second against the Indians this season. He picked up a loss in the first, allowing four runs on six hits over seven innings of work.

Indians: The Indians are reshuffling their rotation coming out of Monday's off-day, and Carmona will be kept on four days' rest. Carmona outdueled Johan Santana in his last meeting with the Twins, allowing just two runs on six hits with two walks and two strikeouts in 7 2/3 innings. With Cliff Lee out and now with Jake Westbrook on the DL, Carmona has taken full advantage of his opportunity to pitch in the Tribe's rotation.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#2 » by B Mac » Wed May 16, 2007 12:52 am

Me likey offense.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by B Mac » Wed May 16, 2007 1:07 am

Me really likey offense.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#4 » by LoveThemCavs » Wed May 16, 2007 8:02 pm

Yea just figures I had to miss the game. I'm doing some commercial work right now and the only time I can work is after 3pm. So I'm going to miss alot of Indians and Cavs games over the next week or so. Damn that sucks, but with work being so slow. I gotta do what I gotta do to get by I guess. I saw the highlights on Sportscenter when I got home around 1am. Looks like the bats tore up the Twins pitching. Hope they saved some runs for todays game(which I'll see this one).
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by B Mac » Thu May 17, 2007 5:05 am

Another solid win tonight. Great to see us beating up on Twinkies pitching. We made up a half game on the Tigers tonight since they got rained out. Tomorrow's matchup should be a great one to watch. Lets see if Fausto can go head to head with Santana again.

Just FYI in case anyone is going, its kids day at the Jake. I went to one of those games last year and let me just tell you it was one of the most annoying experiences in my life and I really enjoy kids. 30,000 screaming grade schoolers will give anyone a headache. I bet the players will have their earplugs ready.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#6 » by Flaming Mo » Thu May 17, 2007 5:10 pm

Carmona is really coming into his own for you guys, great matchup right now with Santana while I'm posting...
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by B Mac » Thu May 17, 2007 6:23 pm

Come on Mona finish this baby off. :pray:
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#8 » by L&H_05 » Thu May 17, 2007 6:26 pm

Fausto owns Santana... :lol:

And being the #1 Fausto fan in the world, I'm more than pleased...
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by B Mac » Thu May 17, 2007 6:26 pm

A masterpiece by Fausto Carmona Lisa!!!!!

Carmona > Santana

What a great game to watch. Some great defense and fantastic pitching. Casey got shaving creamed by Grady after last night's win I wonder who gets it today.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by B Mac » Thu May 17, 2007 6:29 pm

L&H_05 wrote:Fausto owns Santana... :lol:

And being the #1 Fausto fan in the world, I'm more than pleased...

I soooo want to bring up some old posts, but Ill leave you alone for now just because of how feel good of a win that was. :lol:

So many nicknames for Fausto so little time:
Fausto "Cy Young" Carmona
'Mona
Fausto Carmona Lisa
Santana's Owner
etc...
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#11 » by L&H_05 » Thu May 17, 2007 6:36 pm

Simplify it, BMac

(((Cy Fausto)))
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by B Mac » Thu May 17, 2007 6:36 pm

Victor doing the post game interview. Its absolutely hilarious to see these guys constantly keeping their heads on a swivel trying to avoid getting shaving creamed. These tough pro athletes look terriefied of being shaving creamed. LOL Vic was lucky and got off the hook today, but he did place himself well so no one could sneak up on him.

I love the way our team is having fun. Its really funny to me that we brought in guys like Nixon and Dellucci for the veteran leadership and that veteran leadership in turn means acting childish by throwing shaving cream on each other.
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by B Mac » Thu May 17, 2007 6:40 pm

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by B Mac » Thu May 17, 2007 6:47 pm

Sweep sweep.
LoveThemCavs
Analyst

Post#15 » by LoveThemCavs » Thu May 17, 2007 10:43 pm

This series had a little bit of everything and the Tribe gets the sweep. This team has had two very crushing losses at the hands of Borowski and both times responded by kicking butt and taking names. That ninth inning loss in New York and Oakland are about as hard to shake off as any loss we'll have this season. The first game of this series the Twins pounced on us for two quick runs and the Indians respond in their atbat for 6. Then pound away for 15 total runs. The next night CC just handcuffs the Twins to secure the series win. Now Carmona outduels Santana for the second time this year. A complete game shutout to improve to 5-1 and lower his ERA to a 2.55 clip. Our rotation has the potential to be straight nasty. This team is having alot of fun too, it makes it that more enjoyable to watch the games. Hopefully the crowd starts to get alot bigger cause this team deserves the support.

Return to Cleveland Indians