LoveThemCavs
Analyst
And1: 143

May 18-20, Cincinnati Reds series 

Post#1 » by LoveThemCavs » Fri May 18, 2007 4:35 am

Image(16-25) at Image(24-14)

Dimensions: Image

Friday, May 18------------ 7:05pm

Kyle Lohse, RHP (1-4, 4.01) vs Cliff Lee, LHP (1-0, 4.50)

Scouting Report:
Reds: Lohse had his worst outing of the year on Saturday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, mostly due to one bad inning. A bases-loaded walk to Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny opened up the floodgates in a fourth inning where Los Angeles scored five runs. Lohse went four innings in the 7-3 loss, giving up six earned runs on eight hits and three walks.

Indians: Lee put up an outing on Sunday that was the antithesis of his complete-game performance in Anaheim on May 8. Gone was his impeccable command of the zone, and in its place was a shaky start that saw him give up four runs on seven hits over five innings. He walked three batters and struck out four. Lee will be making his fourth start since coming off the DL, where he sat the first month of the season with a strained right abdominal muscle. In his career against Cincinnati, Lee is 2-0 with a 7.04 ERA over three starts.

Saturday, May 19-------------------- 7:05pm
Matt Belisle, RHP (3-3, 4.38 ) vs Jeremy Sowers, LHP (0-3, 6.56)

Scouting Report:
Reds: Belisle was roughed up from the onset of Monday's 7-1 loss to the Padres. Down 5-0 through three innings, he allowed seven earned runs and 10 hits over five innings overall. He walked one and hit a batter while striking out two. Most of Belisle's trouble came because he left pitchers over the plate for San Diego to attack.

Indians: By reshuffling their rotation because of Monday's off-day, the Indians gave Sowers a few extra days to think about his recent struggles. Sowers has allowed six earned runs in each of his last two starts, working a total of seven innings over the course of those two outings. He has had trouble locating his pitches, and opposing batters have been teeing off on him. Against the Angels on May 9, he gave up the six runs on nine hits with a walk and two strikeouts in five innings.

Sunday, May 20-------------- 1:05pm
Aaron Harang, RHP (5-1, 4.42) vs Paul Byrd, RHP (3-1, 3.49)

Scouting Report:
Reds: Harang pitched nine innings and allowed two hits but received a no-decision in the Reds' 2-1, 12-inning win vs. the Padres on Tuesday. The right-hander held a 1-0 lead into the eighth inning but gave up a game-tying two-out balk when he stumbled during his delivery. Overall, Harang walked four and struck out seven with 120 pitches. He ended an 88-start streak where he went without walking more than three batters.

Indians: Byrd's start on Tuesday in which he gave up five runs over seven innings was his worst of the season, but it's difficult to read much into it. Byrd, all too often the tough luck recipient of little offensive support, was backed up with 15 runs on Monday. Perhaps it was too much help, however, as Byrd's sole goal simply turned into throwing strikes. So while he walked none, he gave up a pair of homers on seven hits. In six career starts against the Reds, Byrd is 3-1 with a 2.91 ERA.

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/news/p ... p?c_id=cle
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#2 » by B Mac » Fri May 18, 2007 3:08 pm

The Reds are lucking out this series in that they wont see our best two starters, but luckily for us the Reds pitching isnt too great right now. No reason not to win this series.
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#3 » by L&H_05 » Fri May 18, 2007 6:41 pm

Lets not groove pitches to Dunn again....
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#4 » by L&H_05 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:25 am

Sowers blows...

Okay, hopefully that turns him around like FAUSTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#5 » by B Mac » Mon May 21, 2007 1:39 am

I went to my first game of the year today and was really surprised at how many Reds fans showed up. Good showing by the river folk. (Sorry Outlaw and LTC if you took offense to that) Real quality win today. Byrd pitched well and our bullpen was.... dominant. :o
GreenDemon
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#6 » by GreenDemon » Mon May 21, 2007 4:54 am

I guess we are playing pretty good at home so far. ;) Byrd keeps looking better with more starts and his control was really on for most of the game until he got into the jam before he came out. It is scary to even to think about this team if everyone gets going at the same time. We usually have a tough time at the beginning of the season in years past and usually have to make up ground in the secound half when everyone starts playing better, so it will be intresting to see if we can keep this pace.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#7 » by TheOUTLAW » Tue May 22, 2007 12:49 pm

B Mac wrote:I went to my first game of the year today and was really surprised at how many Reds fans showed up. Good showing by the river folk. (Sorry Outlaw and LTC if you took offense to that) Real quality win today. Byrd pitched well and our bullpen was.... dominant. :o

Why would I be offended by that. I'm a native Clevelander, I just live in the rivercity.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!

Return to Cleveland Indians