ImageImageImageImage

Rockies need new owners!!

proscout
Junior
And1: 21

Rockies need new owners!! 

Post#1 » by proscout » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:59 am

i think our team is improving, but i think our peak (in our current situation) will leave us in a situation where we have to struggle just to win a division title (but then do nothing in the playoffs, which is the real goal).

bottom line is that i feel we need new owners who are willing to spend some money. as fans, we did so much to get a team in CO and then to build coors field, and it used to be full but now its so empty because ownership never gives us a product worth watching. i wish there was some sort of effective way to boycott ownership and let it be known we don't want them anymore. we want owners who are willing to spend to win (like kroenke and bowlen). those guys still make money too and they show they are dedicated to winning. since theres really no way to boycott ownership, i figured i'd get on here and complain (the next best thing, right?)

anyway, that's all.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#2 » by MHZ » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:22 pm

Dude, you're preaching to the choir. Their ownership is absolutely terrible. They're driving the franchise further and further into the ground.
proscout
Junior

Post#3 » by proscout » Tue May 22, 2007 6:15 am

The Denver Post or Rocky Mtn. News had an article a few days ago, and they officially started a "Monforts Must Sell" petition online. Not sure it'll really do anything, but hey, it's worth getting as many people to sign it as possible. Here's the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/MMSELL/
JurassicJake
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by JurassicJake » Thu May 31, 2007 1:29 am

I echo all the previous sentiments. How about Mark Cuban for a new owner?
milehigh
Analyst
And1: 13

Post#5 » by milehigh » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Stan Kroenke should buy the rockies because if we want to keep this team we have right now, the owners are going to have to open their pocket books next offseason. Holliday, Atkins and Fuentes are all free agents and are in for big paydays, personally with the current ownership we will probably keep two but if we had a owner that wanted to win we would keep all 3.
proscout
Junior

Post#6 » by proscout » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:53 pm

^^ agreed. This hot winning steak is great and all, and hopefully it continues as well. But in the end, it means nothing if the owners aren't going to sack up and pay these guys. They've preached the whole "homegrown talent" thing, and I understand that we will not keep every single player ever, but keeping the core together is important, and it's gonna take money to do that. And it's not like we're gonna have to start spending Red Sox or Yankees type money, but spending more than what we do now is going to be a must to keep thsi team growing.

Still excited and proud of this team and the way they are playing now, though. Keep it up, and Go Rox!!
2004RedSox
Sophomore

Post#7 » by 2004RedSox » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:12 pm

proscout wrote:The Denver Post or Rocky Mtn. News had an article a few days ago, and they officially started a "Monforts Must Sell" petition online. Not sure it'll really do anything, but hey, it's worth getting as many people to sign it as possible. Here's the link:

http://www.petitiononline.com/MMSELL/

Thanks for the link! I am just going to hope and pray that somehow, someway it will work.
2004RedSox
Sophomore

Post#8 » by 2004RedSox » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:14 pm

Still excited and proud of this team and the way they are playing now, though. Keep it up, and Go Rox!!

I would have to agree. The two games I was able to make at coors field this year were very exciting and awesome to watch! I hope that they can find some new owners soon and get the extra wins they deserve as players.[/quote]

Return to Colorado Rockies