ImageImageImageImage

Official Empty Board During The Playoff Hunt: Go Team

wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#21 » by wigglestrue » Mon Oct 1, 2007 8:45 am

Good luck Rox, I want to see Helton make the playoffs.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#22 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Oct 1, 2007 7:46 pm

meloman15 wrote:I have class tomorrow night, but I am thinking about skipping it to watch this game.

I skip classes to go to meaningless Brewer games, you'd be dumb not to skip class to witness the biggest game in Rockies history.

It's amazing how fast the country just all of a sudden became Rockies fans. It's not like the Padres have done anythign wrong, but people love the underdog and the Rockies came out of nowhere. I've been following the Rockies for awhile (wouldn't say I am a fan, but I will be tonight), and after a Rockies-Brewers game this season I told my dad to watch out for the Rockies next season. I had no idea how fast this team would mature. The Rockies and Brewers are quite similar, mediocre for most of the life of the franchise, young studs, fanbase dying for success, etc. Best of luck tonight, you have a fan in Northern Illinois.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
RRFB
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,280

Post#23 » by RRFB » Tue Oct 2, 2007 5:33 am

Just got back from the game.... and wow, that was the greatest thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. I've completely lost my voice.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#24 » by MHZ » Tue Oct 2, 2007 3:17 pm

RRFB wrote:Just got back from the game.... and wow, that was the greatest thing I've ever experienced in my entire life. I've completely lost my voice.

Cheers. I feel like I was up until 3 drinking Jose Cuervo at work today, only I have great memories that I'll never forget rather than hazy ones of me stealing a lawn chair from a neighbor's front porch.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#25 » by WEFFPIM » Tue Oct 2, 2007 3:21 pm

So...now what's the buzz like in Denver about this team?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by MHZ » Tue Oct 2, 2007 3:47 pm

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:So...now what's the buzz like in Denver about this team?

It was like a night of great sex. You're completely exhausted, your brain is a barren land of nothing, and you need a cigarette. You know you want to do it again, but you know that if this became habit, you'll get fired from your job and you will begin a downward spiral toward nothing but fart jokes and Price is Right.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by MHZ » Tue Oct 2, 2007 3:50 pm

All in all, people are ecstatic. People forget the attendance records that were set here in the early Rockies days. Piss poor management and a generally awful team for a decade or so pushed a lot of fans away, but this certainly brought them back.

The buzz is amazing around here.

Return to Colorado Rockies