ImageImageImageImage

Listen carefully, that's the Rox getting screwed you hear

MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Listen carefully, that's the Rox getting screwed you hear 

Post#1 » by MHZ » Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Matt Holliday will undoubtedly not win the NL MVP today, which just adds to the complete shutout the Rockies have faced in the award department.

Our hitters stats' shoot up like a rocket because of Coors, but somehow the pitchers' numbers are an perfectly accurate representation of how good they are. Not sure how that double standard is so widely accepted.
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 31

Post#2 » by denvers_finest » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:29 pm

Yeah, its garbage.

I don't really know where your going with the pitcher arguement (I have a hard time seeing how anyone deserves the Cy Young but Peavy), but I do think that the whole "yeah their numbers are good, but its only because they play at a mile high" arguement is played out.

I really thought Holliday was a shoe in. He lead the league in almost every major offensive category (save HR), and has drasticaly improved his D (which has been my biggest complaint on him in the past). Rollins hits .291 as a lead off man ( a full 50 points lower than Holliday).

The whole ROY thing still pisses me off, maybe because I'm a huge Tulo fan, but I just don't see how you can possibly make the arguement that Braun (and his gaudy .895 fielding %) is a better player than Tulo.

Reminds me of a few years ago, Nuggets go from 17 wins to the playoffs in one year, yet no ROY, DPOY, MIP, MVP, COY, EOY, or even a single player on the all-nba team.

Damn east coast bias
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#3 » by MHZ » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm not saying any Rockies' pitcher deserves the Cy Young, they don't.

My point was this

- You always hear about Rockies hitters stats being inflated by Coors Field. The ball flys out of the park, the gaps are massive, the scores are routinely 15-12, etc., etc. Hitters stats are meaningless at Coors.

- When was the last time you ever heard somebody use the opposite argument for a Rockies pitcher? Jeff Francis gets ignored by many of the pundits because his ERA is particularly ungodly. Shouldn't a 4.00 ERA for a Rockies pitcher amount to a much better ERA elsewhere?
denvers_finest
Starter
And1: 31

Post#4 » by denvers_finest » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:15 am

Yeah, I see where your coming from.

You could even take it a step further... Should we penalize Webb and Peavy because they have great ERAs but play in parks that are designed to keep the runs low?
Ruben Douglas
Veteran
And1: 25

Post#5 » by Ruben Douglas » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Holliday should have won it.

Return to Colorado Rockies