ImageImageImageImage

ALCS: Rangers vs Tigers

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Re: ALCS: Rangers vs Tigers 

Post#61 » by kellmellus50 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:18 am

our 2 best releifers never played in this game (?Joaquin Benoit and Jose Valverde )maybe if he used them to put out fires we may have had a chance .time to fire leland and all the coaches and start new.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#62 » by Manocad » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:25 pm

I wouldn't go that far; that's a TSE move. You don't fire a manager that took the team to the ALCS unless you've got a plan on how to replace him with someone better.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#63 » by TSE » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:18 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:our 2 best releifers never played in this game (?Joaquin Benoit and Jose Valverde )maybe if he used them to put out fires we may have had a chance .time to fire leland and all the coaches and start new.

Leyland should have never been hired in the first place. It would have been fine to fire him at any time, because he doesn't understand the simple or complex components of this game. He doesn't know how to help the players where their deficiencies lie, and he's like a blindfolded dart thrower when trying to analyze decisions and make choices. He's just a really stupid man that has a massive amount of baseball ignorance getting in the way of our progress and success. You have to be smart to get the most out of your baseball team. The only thing good that he has to offer is baseball spirit (in that he delivers a passionate strong effort) and a good tough clubhouse presence, those traits he's fantastic, it's the lack of all the mental stuff that puts his value through the crapper and turns him into an anchor instead of an escalator.
RustInPeace
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#64 » by RustInPeace » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:21 pm

I'm grateful that we lost this one. Now we're a step closer to executing TSE's master plan.
TSE
Banned User

Post#65 » by TSE » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:36 am

If Illitch wants to have the will to be better, then we can be better. But he has to make changes and put the right people in place or it will be repeated failure year after year.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#66 » by Manocad » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:09 pm

And of course you make no mention of who "the right people" are. Well, aside from you, obviously.
TSE
Banned User

Post#67 » by TSE » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:40 am

I'm the only qualified person that I am aware of. But I'm also not working for the organization and spending my time trying to qualify and recruit others. If they wanted to pay me a reasonable finder's fee, I'm sure I could find people that could do exactly what I would want them to do. Even if I couldn't mind my equal it would be a night and day difference to find somebody that could come anywhere near the ballpark of implementing proper baseball game theory logic. I mean even if I had to train that person enitrely then that would suffice, but I might be able to find somebody who already gets it. I could take most people with an IQ over 120 and teach them how to be a better baseball GM than anybody in the game today. That's a very simple task though because of the ridiculous flawed nature of the people that get those jobs in reality.

But if I was giving Mr. Illitch advice, I would say no reason to play any of those games of me proving a point that I could find many others and teach them how to do this, it's just much easier to give me the job and then he wouldn't have to worry about anything cause I would handle everything and we would be set. This is my thing man. Whether you belive in me or not, that has no bearing on the validity of my claim. If God is real and we can ask him endless questions in the afterlife, then remember me and put me to the test then and you'll hear him say yeah TSE told you so, he did his part and gave you the correct information, maybe you should have listened more carefully instead of making a poor assumption. Prior to finding out though I will ask you to stand by YOUR beliefs and wager something if I'm proven right, you should risk something valuable if you are going to talk the kind of smack you talk about knowing that I'm wrong when you have absolutely no rational basis to think that. To me it's wrong of a person to challenge any other person if they are the one that's wrong. You have to be right or keep your mouth shut in my world. If you were basing your opinion of me with all the knowledge that I have that leads me to that opinion, then this wouldn't be so difficult and you would see it as clearly as I do. But either way, I do not require your support or faith to have the utmost confidence that I am precisely right on with everything I claim. I continue to await any man or God that wants to try and debunk my strategies; I'm certain of my work and my theories, they are logically infallible as they are ingeniously constructed to be just that.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#68 » by Manocad » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:17 am

What do you want to wager? I'll bet anything you want. You do realize though that you've got no way to win your bet, right? Unless you become GM of a major league baseball team. Which won't happen.
You need a shrink, dude. You've got serious delusions of grandeur going on.

Shut my mouth? You don't know me very well, do you?

Here's my thing:
:lol:
That's how it is in MY world, champ.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#69 » by Lionlifer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:31 pm

TSE wrote:I continue to await any man or God that wants to try and debunk my strategies;

:o
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#70 » by ajaX82 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:02 pm

OK I know it's been fun to chat theory here, but again, so off-topic. I'll remind TSE and others that the TOS say explicitly

Members who disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real-time exchanges may be warned.

I've had discussions with some of you here before about these same issues, please take note.
Posting things that disrupts how the board flows will garner warnings and where necessary, further action for repeated offenses.

I cannot make this any clearer. Everyone, please stop.

- ajaX
TSE
Banned User

Post#71 » by TSE » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:16 am

Manocad wrote:What do you want to wager? I'll bet anything you want. You do realize though that you've got no way to win your bet, right? Unless you become GM of a major league baseball team. Which won't happen.
You need a shrink, dude. You've got serious delusions of grandeur going on.

Shut my mouth? You don't know me very well, do you?

Here's my thing:
:lol:
That's how it is in MY world, champ.

I was speaking in general terms, it wasn't an order or request issued to you, so not sure why you say "my" like as if I'm asking you and expecting you to comply. This was signaled in the preceding sentence that talked about "people" in general and what I consider to be "wrong" behavior. It isn't a personal statement directed towards you there. But making false assumptions hasn't stopped your rambling yet, so oh well, I will just keep moving forward with being logical.

And why do I need a shrink when you are here and you have already diagnosed me. Apparently I have one already? Besides that though, I disagree with your evaluation, I think you are flat out wrong. You don't even seem to have any intelligible idea of how to take an inventory of qualified inputs from myself to formulate that opinion. How do you know I'm just not lying, why couldn't being a compulsive liar explain everything that you think is a sign of delusional thinking?

And in the afterlife, where the rules are not likely known by you, how do you know that God, or your creator, or advanced beings that have the power to control our eternal souls don't allow us the opportunity to simulate any what/if scenarios of our choosing? If that's not an option it's not an option, and I don't expect it to be an option. I merely made a conditional challenge that has no relevance until if/when that condition becomes present, however it may come about.

Return to Detroit Tigers