ImageImageImageImage

Free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez on Tigers' radar

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez on Tigers' radar 

Post#1 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 pm

The Tigers have inquired about third baseman Aramis Ramirez, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com.

Ramirez, 33, turned down a $16-million option for 2012 with the Chicago Cubs to explore free agency. A 2011 National League Silver Slugger, he batted .306 last season with 93 RBIs and 26 home runs

http://www.freep.com/article/20111128/S ... t|Sports|p
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez on Tigers' radar 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 am

I think he will cost way too much and is on the downside of his career. Never been a fan either.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#3 » by TSE » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 am

He's getting old, and his fielding sucks from what I've heard and seen from his numbers. The monetary price doesn't make much sense either. He'd have to give us a better deal than $16M a year. Or we'd have to do some other trades to make the team gel and appeal on an overall basis. Like if we traded Cabrera or Verlander to release us of those massive contracts and acquired cheap young guys, then that might be a sensible route to take. But not like this, it's not financially logical and gives us not enough efficiency to develop a dominant foundation for the future. For those that want the player though, fortunately DD doesn't care about logic, and he just wants to do whatever helps 2012 no matter what the cost to the following 20+ years, so odds are very practical that we sign him.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#4 » by Lionlifer » Mon Dec 5, 2011 9:07 pm

I want some speed, and he doens't have it. In talking to my Cubs friends, they claim all of his stats come in meaningless games, and they are happy to see him go.

Don't want him, but I won't be pissed if we sign him.
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,888

Post#5 » by Snakebites » Wed Dec 7, 2011 9:03 pm

Yeah, I dunno.

Obviously the numbers are good and he had a bit of a "comeback" year last year, but he has money pit written all over him given his issues in previous seasons. Its good to see that, at least, they aren't foolish enough to try to stand pat at that position.

And if he's turning down money of that nature then I don't think its worth it.

Return to Detroit Tigers