ImageImageImageImage

2012 Season Thread

TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Re: 2012 Season Thread 

Post#141 » by TSE » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Manocad wrote:But since you don't know any of the baseball writers and therefore are not in contact with any of them, you are not influencing their vote in any way, nor do you know that you even could.

My point still stands--MVP is what the voters decide it should be, not what you think it should be. Therefore whatever they decide should determine who gets the award is what the award means. Simply put, it can't be "wrong."

I dont have to be the specific person that the writers witness the opinions of. Each writer is going to hear countless opinions of countless different people, and there is indisputable proof that many of these voters have explained that they take other peoples' opinions/arguments into consideration before they choose. Whether I happen to be one of the opinions they may be exposed to is a moot point.

Your point is obvious because I agree with your point, nor can anybody disagree with your point since that's how the process is currently set up. The process for determining the MVP is what it is and that goes without saying that those who get to vote are in fact the ones who get to determine the rational for how they come to decide to choose that vote. And of course it can't be wrong, it's an opinion based determination, and opinions by their nature cannot possibly be wrong. That has nothing to do with baseball though, that's the nature of what an opinion is and in this case opinions are what determines the winner. There is no right or wrong answer within that context since it's not a fully objective determination.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#142 » by Manocad » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:12 pm

You have a greater ability to say so little in more words than any other poster I've ever seen.

I'm not even sure you're actually a Tigers fan, quite frankly.
TSE
Banned User

Post#143 » by TSE » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:21 pm

^
Well everybody is good at something. If some other person thinks I have that kind of a special ability, then maybe I should consider ways of how to try and harness that ability for some benefit. And anybody can post anything they want and unless you know that person firsthand, it would be impossible to know for certain what anybody says is true, so how could you prove that anybody on here is a fan if you don't take their word for it. Maybe the people you identified as fans have some kind of secret agenda that is misleading you for some reason you cannot explain.

For the record so that you can answer that question, I will say that I am the biggest Tigers' fan I know, based upon my opinion of what a fan should care about and how they should act. At the end of the day you either choose to believe somebody or not, and if you can't reconcile that I am a fan, then just don't take my posts seriously, which seemingly you already do not, so no big deal.

Anything else about me that you are unsure of that you would like me to clear up for the record? I give everybody a fair chance to be on the same page with me so that those that wish to do so can do so.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#144 » by Manocad » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:23 am

There is nothing in my post that alludes to me wanting to know anything about you. Perhaps the context of my post was too difficult for you to understand so I'll put in simpler terms for you--based on your posting behavior, I don't believe you're really a Tigers fan. It was a rhetorical statement, not a question. It neither elicited nor required any response from you.
TSE
Banned User

Post#145 » by TSE » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 am

^
Oh ok then. Well when I read your post I thought that since you weren't convinced that I was a Tigers fan that I might not have done a good job in making that clear by perhaps some mistakes or oversights with things I've posted. That left me feeling like I was responsible to clarify things that I failed to clarify in the past. Since you felt that way I had to consider perhaps others had the same opinion, so i felt like offering a clearly stated position for anybody that might have shared that point of view of yours such that they could have an opportunity to clear up any confusion if they so choose to believe my previous post has credibility.

Return to Detroit Tigers