ImageImageImageImage

Start shopping Fielder around for a big package

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Start shopping Fielder around for a big package 

Post#1 » by kellmellus50 » Thu May 3, 2012 12:16 pm

Time to make a mega trade and get 5 players from the Dodgers or another team to put the tigers over the top.
I think this will happen at the trade deadline.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Re: Start shopping Fielder around for a big package 

Post#2 » by Lionlifer » Thu May 3, 2012 2:02 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:Time to make a mega trade and get 5 players from the Dodgers or another team to put the tigers over the top.
I think this will happen at the trade deadline.

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#3 » by chrbal » Thu May 3, 2012 7:53 pm

Sweet Fielder has arrived.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#4 » by kellmellus50 » Fri May 4, 2012 1:28 am

I would trade Fielder in a heartbeat and get the best players in return to win a world series.

Fielder only has 3 HR Thats awfull he should have 8-9 by now, whats up?

Graderson has 9 HR do we miss him ? only his bat
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#5 » by Manocad » Fri May 4, 2012 2:59 am

If only TSE were in charge.
Lionlifer
Rookie

Post#6 » by Lionlifer » Fri May 4, 2012 1:06 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:I would trade Fielder in a heartbeat and get the best players in return to win a world series.

You make it sound like the guy is garbage and severly underperforming, who would want to give you "the best players"

kellmellus50 wrote:Fielder only has 3 HR Thats awfull he should have 8-9 by now, whats up?

AL Pitching, he hasn't seen a lot of these pitchers before, lets give him a bit of time

kellmellus50 wrote:Graderson has 9 HR do we miss him ? only his bat

He was a good dude, he'd be nice to have back, but he's no Prince
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,191

Post#7 » by ElectricMayhem » Sun May 6, 2012 9:35 am

kellmellus50 wrote:
Graderson has 9 HR do we miss him ? only his bat

What a weird thing to say about a fan favorite and a guy who made incredible catches. You sound like a jilted ex-lover.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#8 » by kellmellus50 » Sun May 6, 2012 3:16 pm

Right now jackson is better than granderson at catching.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#9 » by TSE » Sat May 12, 2012 3:18 am

Manocad wrote:If only TSE were in charge.

Then right now we'd be watching a couple of good players that we would have got from trading Inge when he was an All-Star and Polanco before letting those guys go away for free and no return. That's just one tiny slice of improvements to Tiger baseball that would result in my being in charge of this team.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#10 » by kellmellus50 » Mon May 14, 2012 11:07 am

I think fielder was a waste of money and the only way to recoup that investment is to trade him a.s.a.p. and no later then the trade deadline.hopefully a team will still want him.
TSE
Banned User

Post#11 » by TSE » Thu May 17, 2012 11:56 pm

I think Fielder was a guaranteed waste of at least some portion of money as it's not realistically possible that he could ever have one season in his career that would come close to being worth the money. Putting that extra value to work in a higher yielding asset would be nice. That doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong to choose to overpay for what you want whether an asset or a potential position, but if you aren't going to do the rest of things to make the team strong that you should do then it's ironic to overspend in one variable in conjunction with underspending in others.

There's no possible logic to obtaining efficiency that way, at least not without relying on remotely low-odds propositions i.e. if Fielder was topping Barry Bonds' top season at this point well sure we'd have more wins, but what if he doesn't, where's the guarantees and/or the strong credible promises?
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#12 » by DetroitDon15 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:36 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:I think fielder was a waste of money and the only way to recoup that investment is to trade him a.s.a.p. and no later then the trade deadline.hopefully a team will still want him.

Fielder has a full no trade. We are stuck with him. No one is trading for him even if they could cause of that deal. I'd rather have spent that money on Reyes and move him or Peralta to second, add a starting pitcher and another reliever. Oh well.
TSE
Banned User

Post#13 » by TSE » Thu May 24, 2012 1:29 am

Well a team could trade for him, it is possible the Tigers could decide to offer cash along with him in order to avoid the financial liability if they recalculate their perspective of his worth to them as much less at any point in the future. Those types of decisions to bail out are made all the time in this league when circumstances line up as such. And that such deal could benefit Fielder in an even bigger financial way possibly too. That's why those deals happen sometimes. Basically like Inge but a different situation. He's in a better financial position than he was a month ago and his stock has a chance to rise whereas it was surely plummeting for his role over here, plus he has more playing time for personal enjoyment that he wants. The Tigers could pit Fielder with a choice that makes him very happy to waive the no-trade clause depending on what that situation might look like.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#14 » by Manocad » Sat Jun 2, 2012 6:57 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:I think fielder was a waste of money and the only way to recoup that investment is to trade him a.s.a.p. and no later then the trade deadline.hopefully a team will still want him.

This isn't a salary cap sport. If you're using salary to determine that the Tigers need to get rid of a player batting .322 and on pace for 25 HR's and 109 RBI's while hitting behind a guy batting .315 and on pace for 28 HR's and 131 RBI's, you're not judging his value to the team properly.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#15 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Jun 5, 2012 3:40 am

Since we have Fielder the team is doing worse than last year,we have too many holeS to fix with one player, so you need to trade him for 3-5 players that can fix holes on your team to save the season. time is ticking away and a trade need to be done A.s.a.p
Manocad
RealGM

Post#16 » by Manocad » Tue Jun 5, 2012 9:01 pm

The team doing worse has nothing to do with Fielder. Why not trade Cabrera and Verlander too?
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#17 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Jun 5, 2012 11:29 pm

You don't get it let me explain .By getting fielder they could not go after anyone else they spent all the money they had allocated this season . We wanted the center fielder oakland got but since we paid fielder we could no longer afford him and many other players that were available .Baseball 101
Lionlifer
Rookie

Post#18 » by Lionlifer » Wed Jun 6, 2012 2:14 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:You don't get it let me explain .By getting fielder they could not go after anyone else they spent all the money they had allocated this season . We wanted the center fielder oakland got but since we paid fielder we could no longer afford him and many other players that were available .Baseball 101

You are complaining that we got a proven talent over an unproven cuban center fielder (who has already made a trip to the DL)? And aside from that, it's not "Baseball 101" since there is no cap. Illitch could have spent more, but he, along with everyone else, thought we had a winner on our hands, so we stopped shopping.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#19 » by Manocad » Wed Jun 6, 2012 7:38 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:You don't get it let me explain .By getting fielder they could not go after anyone else they spent all the money they had allocated this season . We wanted the center fielder oakland got but since we paid fielder we could no longer afford him and many other players that were available .Baseball 101

There is no "spending allocation" in baseball. It's all about what the owner is willing to spend at any given time. Ilitch could decide to spend even more and buy more talent if he wanted to, like the Yankees. He's got the money to spend if he chose to do so; it's not a question of affording it.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#20 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Jun 7, 2012 1:34 pm

A few days after Detroit Tigers owner Mike Ilitch opened his wallet to sign first basemen Prince Fielder, I wondered aloud if there might have been a better way to spend $200 million last offseason.

read this artical below
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2 ... e_but.html

Return to Detroit Tigers