ImageImageImageImage

Letting Santiago hit???

joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Letting Santiago hit??? 

Post#1 » by joseph mamah » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Is there any reason peralta didnt pinch hit for him last night? other than the fact that leyland thinks hes smarter than everybody else. I like leyland i think hes a good clubhouse manager but many of his in game decisions leave much to be desired.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Re: Letting Santiago hit??? 

Post#2 » by kellmellus50 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:47 pm

This is why he should be fired, also every game he leaves the starting pitcher in till were losing the game before he takes them out, which is too late and we lose the game.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#3 » by Manocad » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 am

You really don't get it, do you? You seem to have a problem with grasping the concept that not liking a player or coach then getting rid of them means you need to replace them with someone BETTER. You don't gain anything by firing them just for the sake of firing them.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#4 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:14 am

No you don't get it, our coaches suck !!! so bad that i would go with anyone else to replace them.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#5 » by TSE » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:45 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:No you don't get it, our coaches suck !!! so bad that i would go with anyone else to replace them.

Pick me kellmellus, I can do better! If you are the one making the decision then I don't ask you to decide now based upon what you think you might know about me, I say let's arrange a day-long meeting so I can go over everything about what I think this franchise is doing wrong and how I can improve it on all of the elements I have discovered and believe I have a solution for. I will touch on everything regarding my general baseball philosophies but in particular will delve in really deep to only the managerial aspects that Leyland and company are failing at. I believe you will not be able to find anybody else in the world that can demonstrate themselves as better qualified, and I challenge any other candidate to find more things wrong that can be improved and how to improve them, and to convince you that the plan is sound.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#6 » by Manocad » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:22 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:No you don't get it, our coaches suck !!! so bad that i would go with anyone else to replace them.

Manocad wrote:You really don't get it, do you? You seem to have a problem with grasping the concept that not liking a player or coach then getting rid of them means you need to replace them with someone BETTER. You don't gain anything by firing them just for the sake of firing them.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#7 » by kellmellus50 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Than replace with TSE he can make better coaching deceisions.
That was easy .
joseph mamah
Starter
And1: 178

Post#8 » by joseph mamah » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:45 am

honestly, i think you could bring in a little league coach at this point and theyd do a better job than leyland and ive been a leyland defender for years, but the decisions hes been making lately are indefensible. keep him until the years over but after that he needs to go.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#9 » by TSE » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:38 pm

My Little League coach was a terrific manager. I always thought I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the big leagues one day. We went to the city championship one year and it wasn't because we had the best players, it was because our coaches really understood the game at an impressive level and they helped take us a long way. We only had a tiny amount of good players, but we were masters of understanding the fundamentals and made up a lot of ground using our heads. I wouldn't mind seeing that guy be our manager if I wasn't allowed to pick myself. Or my dad could do it, he is a tremendous baseball instructor and if I was the manager I would be hiring my dad as an assistant to help teach the infielders/outfielders positioning and tactics along with running the bases. Oh my god we need to learn how to run the bases, and my dad has that and defensive positioning down to a science and he's effective in how to teach and explain it properly.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#10 » by Manocad » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:20 am

kellmellus50 wrote:Than replace with TSE he can make better coaching deceisions.
That was easy .

:lol:
"Please, tell me why I should hire you, having no experience whatsoever, to replace a proven veteran coach with a World Series win, pennant wins, and multiple division wins?"
"Because I can make better decisions."
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#11 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:22 pm

You said it right here quote:"Because I can make better decisions."

By doing this you win many more games than lose (estimate 13 games more won this year)

For example 2 nites ago texas coach with the game tied watch his pitcher walk the first guy on 4 straight pitches 0 out next guy he throws again a ball .he than pulls the pitcher and tigers do not score any runs that inning.

Now same thing happens to leland first guy walks on 4 straight than lets him walk second guy 4 straight before taking him out (too late) they score and we lose the game.Even leland said the 2 walk cost us the game.The coach should have taken him out when he seen he could not throw strikes.Me and Tse would have done better then the texas coach and pulled him after the first 4 staight balls, i was yelling at the tv at the time to pull him.Leland just keeped chewing his sunflower seeds i guess that was more important.

This is commond knowledge and leland has none and needs to be replaced.
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#12 » by Lionlifer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:10 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:You said it right here quote:
Now same thing happens to leland first guy walks on 4 straight than lets him walk second guy 4 straight before taking him out (too late) they score and we lose the game.

So in a nutshell, you are saying that if a pitcher walks a guy on 4 striaght pitches, he needs to be pulled?

I know that you believe a lot of the nonsense you spout off on this board...but really?
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#13 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Lionlifer wrote:
Now same thing happens to leland first guy walks on 4 straight than lets him walk second guy 4 straight before taking him out (too late) they score and we lose the game.

So in a nutshell, you are saying that if a pitcher walks a guy on 4 striaght pitches, he needs to be pulled?

I know that you believe a lot of the nonsense you spout off on this board...but really?

I can see you did not see this game he was throwing wild pitches high left and right and in the dirt he could not find the strike zone.
This was a simple deceision a no brainer.
Lionlifer
Rookie

Post#14 » by Lionlifer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:36 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:
Lionlifer wrote:

I can see you did not see this game he was throwing wild pitches high left and right and in the dirt he could not find the strike zone.
This was a simple deceision a no brainer.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. There is no way of knowing whether or not he would settle into a groove after only 4 pitches. I understand that for a reliever they really don't have that luxury, but I don't think pulling the plug on a guy after a single walk is a good idea in general, especially considering our bullpen....
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#15 » by kellmellus50 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:20 pm

You did not see the game ,end of story .In order to make a judgement call you have to be there.
Lionlifer
Rookie

Post#16 » by Lionlifer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:You did not see the game

Wrong, I watched the game, I just resist the urge to go overboard at the first sign of trouble....

I'm over this conversation
Manocad
RealGM

Post#17 » by Manocad » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:12 am

kellmellus50 wrote:You said it right here quote:"Because I can make better decisions."

You don't make any decisions. All you do is bitch about firing/trading/whatever when things don't go the way you think they should have. You never offer up any actual solutions. Not to mention that you missed the whole point; you have no basis on which you could convince anyone that you could make better decisions. You may as well run for president under the slogan "I can make better decisions than Obama." You'd have better luck.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#18 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 am

Lionlifer wrote:
kellmellus50 wrote:You did not see the game

Wrong, I watched the game, I just resist the urge to go overboard at the first sign of trouble....

I'm over this conversation

Another leland clone who would have also lost that game too ,by making the same deceisions.Some people can't tell when a pitcher does not have it.

I can do that. When a pitcher can't hit a barn you take him out.Baseball 101

Sparky Anderson had a quick hook ,and he won the world series.

P.S. Don't get me started on Obama, unless you have a week to talk about the deceisions he has made in office.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#19 » by Manocad » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:14 am

Pulling the pitcher at the first sign of trouble is the exception, not the rule. The season is 162 games long; there isn't an unlimited supply of fresh arms.
kellmellus50
Starter

Post#20 » by kellmellus50 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:15 pm

Manocad wrote:Pulling the pitcher at the first sign of trouble is the exception, not the rule. The season is 162 games long; there isn't an unlimited supply of fresh arms.

That's another problem leland only has 12 pitchers a lot of teams go with 13 with 1 less player on the bench.Now leland is saying he has to keep them out their longer because he's short on pitchers .Well that his fault again he should expand on how many pitchers he has to 13 but he does'nt.

Return to Detroit Tigers