ImageImageImageImage

Miggy gets the start + All Star Players

Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Miggy gets the start + All Star Players 

Post#1 » by Lionlifer » Sun Jul 7, 2013 3:07 pm

About freaking time too. As far as I know, he is our only starter.

JV, Scherzer, Prince, Peralta, and Hunter are going. Benoit may get in, but I kinda doubt it.

Good to see some Detroit love, maybe the AL can finally clinche home field for the WS
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,046

Re: Miggy gets the start + All Star Players 

Post#2 » by Snakebites » Mon Jul 8, 2013 7:15 am

Hunter and Fielder have absolutely no business being on the All Star team this year, they are having underwhelming seasons. Neither has impressed defensively to say the least and neither is producing enough offensively to offset that.

I guess its a case of past respect earning them the spots.

Verlander, truthfully, hasn't had an All Star Caliber year but seeing as he's been arguably the best pitcher in baseball over the 3 year period I can see why he carried himself in despite not having that great a season thus far.

Cabrera, Peralta, and Scherzer are all well earned.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#3 » by ajaX82 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Snakebites wrote:Hunter and Fielder have absolutely no business being on the All Star team this year, they are having underwhelming seasons. Neither has impressed defensively to say the least and neither is producing enough offensively to offset that.

I guess its a case of past respect earning them the spots.

Verlander, truthfully, hasn't had an All Star Caliber year but seeing as he's been arguably the best pitcher in baseball over the 3 year period I can see why he carried himself in despite not having that great a season thus far.

Cabrera, Peralta, and Scherzer are all well earned.

Prince has 16 and 69....which are pretty impressive numbers. He isn't having a killer year, but he is definitely playing well. Torii is interesting but he has been an on-base machine.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,046

Post#4 » by Snakebites » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Fielder is barely producing enough offensively to offset his horrible defense.

Hunter has also been surprisingly weak defensively, but yeah, I'm sure Billy Beane would appreciate his OBP.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#5 » by ajaX82 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:01 am

Snakebites wrote:Fielder is barely producing enough offensively to offset his horrible defense.

Hunter has also been surprisingly weak defensively, but yeah, I'm sure Billy Beane would appreciate his OBP.

Yeah his value is definitely decreased by his poor fielding numbers. His WAR and wOBA are as low as his first couple years, though his fielding is actually not at its career worst. I'm willing to bet he picks up his numbers a bit. I did a quick look at his advanced numbers and they aren't far off his usual stuff...walking a bit less, striking out a bit more but not severely. His BABIP is definitely below his career numbers though, which I hope picks up.

So yeah, I expect the numbers to regress to the mean
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#6 » by Lionlifer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Got the home field on lock. :rockon:

Tigers really came through in the came, I thought we had like 30% of the hits from the AL all star team. Represent!
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!

Return to Detroit Tigers