ImageImageImageImage

Jose Iglesias traded to detroit

kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Jose Iglesias traded to detroit 

Post#1 » by kellmellus50 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:20 am

The Boston Red Sox and Chicago White Sox have an agreement in place on a trade involving Jake Peavy and the

Jose Iglesias is believed to be part of the package and is headed to Detroit.

Tigers prospect Avisail Garcia is headed to the White Sox.

The Red Sox will likely get Brayan Villarreal from the Tigers .

i liked garcia hopefully jose will make me forget him.
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Re: Jose Iglesias traded to detroit 

Post#2 » by DETermination » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:36 am

Love the trade, the guy is a god on defense and we all know peralta is going to be suspended.
Detroit vs Everybody
Lionlifer
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#3 » by Lionlifer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Guy has range for days, a slick glove, and some freaking quick hands.

I'm all for losing a bit of offense if we can shore up the fielding up the middle. Him and Infante should be fun to watch snagging balls up the middle.

But on the downside we will never get to see Mini Miggy bat in front of Miggy, which would have been great to see. "I shall call him Mini Me"
2016 Pistons All Time Fantasy League Champ!
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#4 » by ajaX82 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:23 pm

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/red-sox- ... se-little/

Iglesias is going to leave third base behind and focus again on just being a shortstop. Immediately, he’s the backup to Peralta and the probable starter come 2014. But the expectation is that Peralta’s about to be suspended for Biogenesis stuff, so then Iglesias slides right in as a stopgap. There’s not a single person that has a single question about Iglesias’ shortstop defense. He has the ability to be one of the best defensive shortstops of the generation. All the questions are about Iglesias’ bat.

On the one hand, all right, a .348 wOBA. On the other hand, a .377 BABIP and an .080 ISO. Iglesias doesn’t walk and he doesn’t have power, so his offensive upside is extremely limited. Somewhat famously, he’s slugged .292 in Triple-A. People say he’s made helpful adjustments and what he does do is make a lot of contact, allowing him to pepper the ball and beat out some grounders. The question with Iglesias has been whether he’ll hit enough to remain a regular at short. Given his defense and speed, he only has to clear a low bar, and he’s 23 years old. It looks like Iglesias is a safe gamble, even if his overall upside is somewhat modest. As long as the defense is there, the rest of his game will be gravy.

I love fangraphs, so that write-up is excellent. And that bolded part is like whoa.

Obviously the SS of the future and, given the Peralta situation, now. If he can play top-notch D, hit for average and steal some bags then we have a really great deal here
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#5 » by Manocad » Thu Aug 1, 2013 2:20 am

Outstanding move. I like it.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,883

Post#6 » by Snakebites » Tue Aug 6, 2013 1:25 am

Looks great so far.

Good thing too given we've now lost Peralta.

Return to Detroit Tigers