ImageImageImage

pitcher talk

Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

pitcher talk 

Post#1 » by Lane1974 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 pm

...Ryan Tucker looks VERY nice, best fastball of any of our pitchers on staff, except maybe Lindstrom

...Hendrickson came back down to earth over the last month or so, no?

...Josh Johnson pitched 5 innings in Extended Spring Training, could be on track to return after the All star Break, which would be a good thing

...Volstad was on the DL in the minors, they are being very cautious with him, but I bet we could see him this year too

...Anibal Sanchez making progress from his shoulder surgery, don't know if he is on track to pitch this year

...sad to see D-Train get booed off the mound in Detroit yesterday, he has been god awful, last night he gave up 8 runs in 1.1 innings... he signed a 3 year/29 million contract before he threw one pitch for the Tigers.
travis minor
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#2 » by travis minor » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:56 pm

My thoughts

Hendrickson has been really bad lately, but he has done a decent job of eating innings and has kept the ball club in games for the most part, replaceable, but there isn't going to be anything better than him in the market for the short term playoff push.

Ryan Tucker along with Volstad are our 2 top minor league pitching prospects, with Tucker being called up, i don't expect him to be outstanding, but good enough to be better than the hopper and a solid pitcher, hopefully he can just stay consistent.

I think the only way Volstad gets called up anytime is Andrew Miller falls flat on his face for a 2-3 start period.

I'm not the BIGGEST JJ fan, and you know when he comes back hes going to struggle coming back from his injury like he did last year until he hits a groove, but he has potential to be an above average starting pitcher, and in 06 he posted a very good ERA of 3.10

Anibal hasn't played enough for me to think hes going to be anything reliable anytime soon, even with his no hitter.

Andrew Miller needs to step it up, and i think Nolasco has pitched well recently
travis minor
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#3 » by travis minor » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:02 pm

The only 2 pitchers out there worth acquirng for the stretch run this year is CC Sabathia (FA after this year i believe, though hes been up and down this year), and Kenny Rogers
Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Post#4 » by Lane1974 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:40 pm

well, the bad thing is (I think) a lot of teams are going to stick around all season, making them less likely to deal... Brad Penny & Derek Lowe are potential free agents, as is Ben Sheets... Greg Maddux & Randy Wolf... Steve Trachsel got waived today, but he sux

Return to Miami Marlins