ImageImageImage

Thursday's notes - great game, catching help on the way?

Lane1974
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25

Thursday's notes - great game, catching help on the way? 

Post#1 » by Lane1974 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 4:41 am

perfect game today, to welcome Anibal back, great run support. Maybe with the trade deadline over, the monkey is off the backs of our guys - they sure showed it tonight

not only did Anibal come back from bad shoulder surgery, over the offseason his infant baby died in his home country due to an insect bite or spider bite, something horrible like that

also, the Washington Post reported that Paul Lo Duca wasreleased by the Nats, I wonder if we take a flier.. Lo Duca's numbers are god awful this year. For the league minimum, I don't see why we don't take a shot, at least he's a vet, and to my recollection was a good clubhouse guy - and would be better than Hoover as the 2nd catcher.
SJ2100
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Thursday's notes - great game, catching help on the way? 

Post#2 » by SJ2100 » Fri Aug 1, 2008 1:18 pm

Nice to see Anibal come back strong, our starting rotation should just be getting better and better as the season goes on. Great to see that all the rumors didn't effect the guys too much.

LoDuca, I would say why not. Baker has been decent for us, but I would think LoDuca would bring at minimum a Treanor type production. If we don't end up getting him, I hope Fredi starts Baker over Treanor for the rest of the year, anyway.

Return to Miami Marlins