1) Mike Moustakas, 3B, Grade A-: I put him ahead of Hosmer right now since he’s played pro ball and performed well.
2) Eric Hosmer, 1B, Grade A-: Nothing wrong with Hosmer, I think he’ll be excellent.
3) Kila Ka’aihue, 1B, Grade B: A tough grade, but I think his breakthrough this year was mostly for real. Could rank anywhere from 3 to 8 depending on how you value pitching vs. hitting.
4) Daniel Cortes, RHP, Grade B: A solid all-around pitching prospect.
5) Carlos Rosa, RHP, Grade B: A solid all-around pitching prospect.
6) Daniel Duffy, LHP, Grade B: Great stats. Worried about fly ball tendency and perhaps durability.
7) Michael Montgomery, LHP, Grade B: Strong debut.
8) Tim Melville, RHP, Grade B: Want to see some pro numbers before ranking higher.
9) Johnny Giavotella, 2B, Grade B-: Good numbers right out of college.
10) Dan Gutierrez, RHP, Grade B-: Sleeper.
11) Blake Wood, RHP, Grade C+: Great arm, Double-A troubles hurt ranking.
12) Joseph Dickerson, OF, Grade C+: Future fourth outfielder? May still have enough upside to move beyond that.
13) Adrian Ortiz, OF, Grade C+: Hits for a high average, lots of speed, but still very raw for a college guy.
14) Tyler Sample, RHP, Grade C+: Very high upside, horrible numbers.
15) Chris Nicoll, RHP, Grade C+: Relief sleeper for 2009.
16) Matthew Mitchell, RHP, Grade C+: Good command, stuff may be marginal.
17) Jose Bonilla, C, Grade C+: Promising but a long way off.
18) Kelvin Herrera, RHP, Grade C+: Promising but a long way off.
19) Alexander Caldera, RHP, Grade C+: Throws strikes, stuff?
20) Mitch Maier, OF, Grade C: Should be a reasonable fourth/fifth outfielder. Age prohibits higher grade.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Retired Mod
- Posts: 4,367
- And1: 0
- Joined: Feb 28, 2005
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2008/10/ ... als-top-20