ImageImageImageImageImage

Dodgers lineup

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 944

Dodgers lineup 

Post#1 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:37 am

I am really looking forward to the Dodgers getting to the point of handing the team over to the young guys and getting past Jeff Kent and Nomar, overpriced and past their primes.

The young Dodgers remind me of the 70s when they had Cey, Lopes, Russell, Garvey, Baker, Sutton, Reuss, Welch, etc and were a team built on pitching and most importantly a strong farm system!

I love the idea of bringing in LaRoche and moving DeWitt to 2nd base to replace Kent. I love this kid Kershaw, and paired with Billingsly form the foundation of a young pitching rotation for the future.

I think we have a very strong team now and for the foreseeable future, we got a great mix of righties/lefties, with Martin at C, Loney at 1st, DeWitt at 2nd, Furcal at SS, LaRoche at 3rd, Ethier and Kemp in the outfield with either Pierre or Jones. Pitching of Lowe, Penny, Kuroda, Billingsly and Kershaw. Strong bullpen with Park, Kuo, Beimel, Proctor and Saito.

I just want us to get away from Kent and bench him for LaRoche to get at 3rd... I think it is a major distraction wondering will Kent be in the lineup or not, or will Nomar get healthy or not. Let's move on and play some ball!!
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,856

Re: Dodgers lineup 

Post#2 » by TyCobb » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:35 am

What amazes me is how almost all of their top prospects have actually panned out/are panning out. The Angels had a great farm system too, then they promoted their prospects to the big leagues and only a few found success. But the Dodgers seem to get contributions from their rookies when they come up to the show.

Props to the Dodgers organization. They just had another great draft by the way.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
milesfides
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,449

Re: Dodgers lineup 

Post#3 » by milesfides » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:51 am

I think Chan Ho will start.
“OH! Caruso parachutes in! You cannot stop him - you can only hope to contain him!” -Kevin Harlan, LAL-GSW 4/4/19

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers