And1: 3,275

Re: Back in 1st Place with Season-High 6-Game Winning Streak 

Post#421 » by TKainZero » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:29 am

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

NL west is beast
Rodgers got to keep rolling

No room for any letup
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international 

Post#422 » by Neddy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:06 am

HR is way up this year. I wonder if the league's got something up their sleeves. there is a rumor going around about doctored balls.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#423 » by Neddy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:28 am

Julio is having his season ending shoulder surgery.

shoulder is a tricky business, but we brought Ryu back. Ryu had not only a shoulder surgery but an elbow surgery too in last couple of seasons. Urias is younger, the problem is lesser. of course he won't pitch this year and I don't expect him next year, but in 2019, look out.
ehhhhh f it.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#424 » by TKainZero » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:51 am

Urias likely out for 2018 season.

Bummer
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#425 » by Neddy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:36 pm

on a good note, we are 2.5 games up in NLW, and Kershaw is on the mound tonight.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#426 » by Neddy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:41 pm

... and we still have a surplus of pitchers.
clay-wood-mccarthy-ryu-hill-kenta-stripling just on 25 men rsoter who are all starters in this league.

then there is still brandon morrow too. thats 8 former or current major league starters on the active roster alone.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Red Beard and the .400 

Post#427 » by Ranma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:19 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Ziggy Knows What's Up 

Post#428 » by Ranma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:24 am

Listen to the kid, Arte Moreno. There are no Angels in L.A. Only in Anaheim. :rofl:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

A Look at the Record Books and Stats Leaders 

Post#429 » by Ranma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,656

Post#430 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Holy hell.

Are McCarthy's yips back?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#431 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:41 pm

This is scary.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#432 » by Neddy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:37 pm

what a wacky game... first was all the walks and wild pitches, then back to back two run home runs to get us back in this game, and now the ump giving half an hour to Bud Black to make up his mind to pull Tyler Anderson... and it's still only the bottom of he third!
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#433 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:41 pm

If the yips persist for Brandon McCarthy, I'd like to deal for a starter.

Ranma
RealGM

No Confidence in McCarthy for Postseason 

Post#434 » by Ranma » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:If the yips persist for Brandon McCarthy, I'd like to deal for a starter.

Even if he's over his yips for the rest of the season, how can we be sure they won't return during the playoffs when the pressure is significantly more intense?
Neddy
RealGM

Re: No Confidence in McCarthy for Postseason 

Post#435 » by Neddy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:21 am

Ranma wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:If the yips persist for Brandon McCarthy, I'd like to deal for a starter.

Even if he's over his yips for the rest of the season, how can we be sure they won't return during the playoffs when the pressure is significantly more intense?

regardless, we will still trade for a top notch starter. MLBtraderumors site has been reporting the dodger brass has been making calls around the league to gauge the market.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#436 » by Neddy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:44 am

I wonder what the Rays would ask for Archer. his age and uber team friendly contract will probably make him a very expensive commodity in terms of prospects in return. Tigers and WhiteSox should be near a firesale soon and there has been a talk of JD Martinez coming over to us, but do we really need another OF? Yu Darvish is another interesting commodity, but he is gonna be 33 by 2018 season, and will demand Grienke-like dilemma.
the guy I think can be a bargain rental, is Jason Vargas. bringing in another lefty is a bit of an issue, but KC surely won't be resigning him and they are going no where this year. Calhoun plus a couple of lower prospects could get us Vargas and Cain. KC has little to no leverage and they are desperate for cheap, high ceiling prospects.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Dodgers Win Wild, Wild West Shootout at Chavez Ravine Sweeping Rockies 

Post#437 » by Ranma » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:46 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Ranma
RealGM

What McCarthy Has to Say About It 

Post#438 » by Ranma » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:04 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Are McCarthy's yips back?

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Starting Pitcher Market 

Post#439 » by Ranma » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:21 am

Neddy wrote:regardless, we will still trade for a top notch starter. MLBtraderumors site has been reporting the dodger brass has been making calls around the league to gauge the market.

Neddy wrote:I wonder what the Rays would ask for Archer. his age and uber team friendly contract will probably make him a very expensive commodity in terms of prospects in return. Tigers and WhiteSox should be near a firesale soon and there has been a talk of JD Martinez coming over to us, but do we really need another OF? Yu Darvish is another interesting commodity, but he is gonna be 33 by 2018 season, and will demand Grienke-like dilemma.
the guy I think can be a bargain rental, is Jason Vargas. bringing in another lefty is a bit of an issue, but KC surely won't be resigning him and they are going no where this year. Calhoun plus a couple of lower prospects could get us Vargas and Cain. KC has little to no leverage and they are desperate for cheap, high ceiling prospects.

Yeah, it looks likely we'll make a deal at the deadline for another starter, but I'll reiterate how wary I am of dealing away prized assets who could be the next Urias, Seager, or Bellinger. If we're talking Verdugo and Calhoun, fine, but I don't want to see Buehler, Alvarez, or maybe even White involved in the discussions at all.

Chris Archer and Gerrit Cole would be my top-two preferred targets, but both are likely to be cost-prohibitive. Quake mentioned before how Cole is also a Boras client, which makes him less appealing but it's not a deal-breaker nowadays. I keep hearing Jose Quintana mentioned but I'm not inclined to pursue him despite Quake's high opinion of him; he's solid but another left-hander who won't be worth what it'd take to get him. Sonny Gray is another option who might be more affordable but his price tag seems to be on the rise of late.

I considered Yu Darvish as a backup to our pursuit of Shohei Otani, but the Rangers seem quite reluctant to part with him and, as you mentioned, he's getting uncomfortably up there in age to sign to a long-term contract. I don't know much of anything about Jason Vargas.

With the Mets in fire-sale mode trying to unload impending free agents, I see Matt Harvey as an affordable reclamation rental. He stepped up in the postseason dealing with physical ailments that led to surgery in 2015. He'd be strictly a rental for me, which is really all I'm looking for for our rotation. Get him and see if we can rebuild his pitching prowess with some regular season games in preparation for the postseason. I'd look to include Hatcher in a package for Harvey. It seems Friedman can't cut the cord on his 2014 acquisition from the Dee Gordon trade and, to be honest, I'm reluctant to dump him for nothing, myself.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international 

Post#440 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:50 am

The reality is that a rental is going to be expensive for what you're getting. The Royals sent out a 2014 1st rounder and a 2013 2nd rounder for Cueto in 2015.
David Price's rental cost Toronto their top pitching prospect IIRC. Congrats to them.

There is no skating around it. If you want an ace, you are giving up a pound of flesh. If you want an ace, pony up. If not, move on.

The last thing I want to see is us losing 12 years worth of prospects for 3 months of pitcher...or finding a hot pitcher at the time and hoping he's Ace - Mat Latos...or worse, doubling down on that "hot pitcher" and re-signing him ala Rich Hill.

No rentals.
No hot pitchers on the cheap.
Go get the pitcher we want and pony up. If not, move the hell on.

I can think of worse problems to have than liking your prospects so much that you don't want to deal them.

Edit:
And pls dont pigeonhole the theme of my post into something it isn't. No hard and fast rules. It's obvious that I would send Josh Sborz for Yu Darvish as a rental. It's also obvious that I think Texas will ask for one of our better prospects given the 1st paragraph of this post.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers