ImageImageImageImageImage

Alexander Guerrero

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Alexander Guerrero 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:38 am

what do you know about the guy and what are your thoughts?

6 years.
32 Ms.

http://www.truebluela.com/2013/7/23/454 ... dgers-Cuba
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Alexander Guerrero 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:13 am

have never seen him play, so i can't make any opinions on him other than what i see on the stat sheet. but from what i have seen on the stat sheet, he looks like a great replacement and more for mark ellis when he retires, probably after this season.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:59 am

Neddy wrote:have never seen him play, so i can't make any opinions on him other than what i see on the stat sheet. but from what i have seen on the stat sheet, he looks like a great replacement and more for mark ellis when he retires, probably after this season.

do you have any idea if this is official yet?

Guy looks like he takes care of his body in that video.
Would be awesome to get some defense and some solid power at the 2B position for cheap in a time where Pedroia and Cano are both getting extensions and Utley is going to ask for more than he is probably worth.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#4 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:50 am

no official word yet. i assume this deal is contingent upon the cuban player passing physical or some other form of hurdle before it is made public/official.

also to be honest, i am somewhat relieved that alfredo miguel have now signed on with phillies. i did not like signing on an unproven pitcher coming off of a major surgery.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:42 pm

we need to hurry up and do this.
this was a hole i was wondering how we planned on fixing once Ellis's deal was up. I love Ellis but he's old and I want some more pop from my IF. I hope ellis picks up with a contender or something. If that cheating juicer Scutaro got a 3 year deal at age 37, I hope Ellis can pick up somewhere to finish his career.

But the prospect of having a good glove, some HR Power and XBH at 2B has me chomping at the bit.
by the time Seager would come up, there'd be NO HOLES in the lineup aside from the pitcher spot.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#6 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:47 pm

if mark ellis doesn't mind coming off the bench or become a platoon player and go from here on as year to year, i say keep him. his defense and situational hitting are incredible. you rarely have 3 out of 4 up the middle positions(CF/SS/2B/C) with power and most have 1 or 2. we are lucky to have 3/4 with power but we do need guys who makes 2-5 million who can play every day, not just a bunch of 8 digit salary guys.
having said that, if this cuban kid is a half of everything they say he is, i think his salary is worth it and won't be overwhelming financially like a pair of angels who are underperforming across the town.

and sealer will have a place no matter what happens with 2B. seager is the 3B of the future for this team. uribe will be gone after this year, herreras of the system can't hold their own, and other vets are backups and stopgaps until young seager comes up.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:21 pm

lineup of for 2015?

Crawford
Puig
A-Gon
Hanley
Kemp
Seager
Guerrero
Ellis/Fed Ex
Pitcher

or or or or or

Puig
Seager
Hanley
A-Gon
Kemp
Ethier
Guerrero
Ellis/ Fed Ex
Pitcher

thoughts?
who in the hell would try to pitch to this team?
Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:41 am

corey seager is currently at A ball. he won't be ready for 2-3 years minimum. fed-ex has a career backup written all over him. AJ Ellis is still the starter. if we end up signing guerrero and mark ellis isn't back next year, he would probably hit 6 or 7 hole.

how about

kemp
crawford
puig
gonzo
hanley
guerrero
AJ
3B
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:05 am

I usually yield to you...and u know this.

but Seager will be in the majors by 2015.
He's already in Keith Law's midseason top 50 at #16.

he'll get promoted n show his ass in Double A next season and thats all you need. you kick ass in Double A, u get a call up.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#10 » by Neddy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:I usually yield to you...and u know this.

but Seager will be in the majors by 2015.
He's already in Keith Law's midseason top 50 at #16.

he'll get promoted n show his ass in Double A next season and thats all you need. you kick ass in Double A, u get a call up.

i misread and thought you posted 2014 projection. my bad
ehhhhh f it.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,826

Post#11 » by TyCobb » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 pm

The Dodgers need to get that Howie Kendrick deal done.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#12 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:22 pm

TyCobb wrote:The Dodgers need to get that Howie Kendrick deal done.

Nah I'd rather sign this guy at 26 for cheap than move pieces for Kendrick who is already 30 and is going to be looking for a payday in 2015.

5 million a year for years 26 through 33 sounds like a good idea to me.
we should have developed a 2B at that point and we'll let some stupid team like the Angels overpay for A. Guerrero.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,826

Post#13 » by TyCobb » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:01 pm

The Angels have no international presence. I doubt they have heard of Guerrero yet.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:30 am

yea...leave the int'l signings to us.

they, or another team willing to overpay a man in his 30s, can have Guerrero once this 7 year deal is up.
we should have developed one of those recently signed dominican kids by then to be our 2B
Neddy
RealGM

Post#15 » by Neddy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:45 pm

Alex is back!

http://dodgers.mlblogs.com/2014/07/11/a ... nd-homers/

now with Dee becoming an all-star and Hanley's contract in limbo, Erisbel seems to have gained a ton of trust from Donny with his glove. Corey Seager will be a lock on 3rd, so where does Alex fit in?

if he continues to perform well, we can package him along with one of our surplus OFers for a trade? just a thought.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#16 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:54 pm

Alex doesn't fit in unless he learns to play LF and takes over for Kemp.

Kemp will make a stink sooner or later and be forced to be traded.

But in my perfect world, we don't re-sign Hanley. Erisbel takes over at short. Dee stays at second. Seager takes over at 3rd.

So either deal him or groom him in LF otherwise there isn't room for him (which would drive his value down...a teams gonna say, "u can't even use him")

I would package him, an arm and a bad OF contract for a solid prospect + a bullpen arm. And I mean I'd do that like right now.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#17 » by Neddy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:05 am

first of all, I hope the OFer(s) that will be traded doesn't include Joc. as awful as Hanley is on defense, he is by far one of the top 3 offensive SS this year, along with Tulo and Peralta. if we were playing in AL, the problem is easily solved by having him at DH, but it's not that simple in NL. if we move away from Hanley, (which I also agree that for the long run, it probably is the right move) then we must replace his offensive output with another position and i think that is CF with Joc.

now imagine our lineup of

1. L 2B Dee
2. R LF Kemp*
3. R RF Puig
4. L 1B Gonzo
5. R 3B Seager
6. L CF Joc
7. R C AJ
8. R SS Erisbel

we can take advantage of the speed of our 1-2-3 guys, give a chance to Kemp to bat in front of Puig to see more fastballs, and we have a very good balance of L-R batters 1 through 7. the 8th and 9th at bat becomes a gimme, but our defense with Erisbel at SS and Joc at CF will immensely improve our overall defense.

now this then, opens up the question that Guerrero could be a part of a package to trade our other outfielders? I love me some Van Slyke, but due to his cheap contract and his abilities he has shown so far to be a very solid SLG guy, I see him also being in a package to move our bloated contracts.

* kemp can be replaced with Ethier or Crawford, depending who is easier to be traded and who is untradable.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#18 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Yes.

Peter Gammons was on the Run Down (MLB Network. You might have been working on people's teeth) yesterday and said Julio Urias and Joc Pederson are untouchable to our front office and that he expects a call up for Pederson in the last month.

I want a trade and him to come up now...but whatever.

You have 3 lefties in a row at the 3,4 and 5. It's not bad cuz A-Gon can hit lefties...but I know Joc struggles with them a bit more like most left handers.

And...I hope that OF in that hypothetical trade is Ethier.

Why? His deal is not as expensive is Kemp and Crawford's & we keep Kemp a little longer. Maybe he wakes up. Maybe we have to trade him. Either way, he's easier to trade than these other guys and could probably be sent somewhere without a prospect as an incentive.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#19 » by Neddy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:41 am

Quake Griffin wrote:You have 3 lefties in a row at the 3,4 and 5. It's not bad cuz A-Gon can hit lefties...but I know Joc struggles with them a bit more like most left handers.

And...I hope that OF in that hypothetical trade is Ethier.

Why? His deal is not as expensive is Kemp and Crawford's & we keep Kemp a little longer. Maybe he wakes up. Maybe we have to trade him. Either way, he's easier to trade than these other guys and could probably be sent somewhere without a prospect as an incentive.

????

I guess you can have Joc batting 5th behind Gonzo, but who is our 3rd batter batting lefty?

oh just checked and found Corey Seager bats lefty. since he is a SS/3B that i automatically assumed him as a R/R. he is a R/L (throws/bats) Im sure you meant than Joc maybe the 3rd batter? or perhaps you meant 4-5-6. either way, thinking Corey must be a right handed batter just because all SS/3B are right handed gloves is my mistake.

well this changes things a little. I would flip a few and have

1. L 2B Dee
2. L CF Joc
3. R RF Puig
4. L 1B Gonzo
5. R LF Kemp
6. L 3B Seager
7. R C AJ
8. R SS Erisbel
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#20 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:09 am

yea...4-5-6***

my bad

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers