ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2014 GT!!! Pennant Bound and Down...

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Official 2014 GT!!! Pennant Bound and Down... 

Post#241 » by Neddy » Sat Aug 9, 2014 12:23 am

here he comes, Fausto Carmona... let's see what he's got left.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#242 » by Neddy » Sat Aug 9, 2014 12:31 am

why the hell is Hanley being substituted immediately following the top of the 1st? I didn't see anything out of the norm............... ???????
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#243 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Aug 9, 2014 11:42 pm

well....if Hanley's oblique is seriously hurt and he has to miss significant time, I hope we can weather the storm.

I say we call up Erisbel and focus on defense until he gets healthy. We had a decent stretch early in the year when we tried that kind of lineup.

Right now....it doesn't look good for this road trip.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#244 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:18 am

the stats prior to this game showed on TV was very telling. with Hanley in the lineup, we are a winning team by far.
without Hanley in there, we are a .500 ball club.

this is very troublesome, considering his defense is weak and that is being generous. but his bat is clearly a head and shoulder above the rest, other than Tulo and Jhonny.

and Miguel Rojas looks just about 95% as good as Arruebarruena, without that brawl starting attitude issue.

at this point, we have a ton of redundancy and no answer to solve our outfield jam and the bullpen help.

I see that we went out and got Kevin Correia. don't think he is any type of a difference maker.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#245 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:47 am

Neddy wrote:the stats prior to this game showed on TV was very telling. with Hanley in the lineup, we are a winning team by far.

this is very troublesome, considering his defense is weak and that is being generous. but his bat is clearly a head and shoulder above the rest, other than Tulo and Jhonny.

and Miguel Rojas looks just about 95% as good as Arruebarruena, without that brawl starting attitude issue.

at this point, we have a ton of redundancy and no answer to solve our outfield jam and the bullpen help.

I see that we went out and got Kevin Correia. don't think he is any type of a difference maker.

I think Donnie might be banking on

Kershaw
Greinke
Ryu
Haren

Because Beckett will not get over his hip this season. That would be a miracle.

Hernandez and Correia are battling for the position of playoff long man IMO...call me crazy...that's kinda fine with me considering the Maholm injury because I still trust Howell, Paco, B. Wil and Keney

Injury got rid of Maholm, League is peak-sucking right now....now all I need is for Jamey Wright to retire from old age and I'm content with our pen for the postseason.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#246 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Sooooo.....we got our Dan Haren back?
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#247 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:33 am

Bullpen
Neddy
RealGM

Post#248 » by Neddy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:52 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:the stats prior to this game showed on TV was very telling. with Hanley in the lineup, we are a winning team by far.

I think Donnie might be banking on

Kershaw
Greinke
Ryu
Haren

Because Beckett will not get over his hip this season. That would be a miracle.

Hernandez and Correia are battling for the position of playoff long man IMO...call me crazy...that's kinda fine with me considering the Maholm injury because I still trust Howell, Paco, B. Wil and Keney

Injury got rid of Maholm, League is peak-sucking right now....now all I need is for Jamey Wright to retire from old age and I'm content with our pen for the postseason.

sorry man, i took a week long vacation to san fran to see some of my old friends.

as for including dan haren in there, looks like he screwed up early today. i dunno if he is to be relied on comes october.... i still don't think our bullpen can help us in playoffs.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#249 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:40 pm

The Dodgers' world is crumbling around them. Last week, best record in the NL. This week, 3rd.

The injury bug has hit us at a terrible time. Worst, all of them are key.

Greinke and Ryu are hurt.

Hanley hurt
Uribe hurt.
Beckett hurt (he's been hurt though)

How annoying.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#250 » by Neddy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:19 am

9 to 3 in bottom of the 7th, and looks like this dodger offense is in another gear with rustless Hanley in the lineup. I expect Ryu and Greinke to be healthy comes october and we should sport

Kershaw-Greinke-Ryu-Carmona aka Hernandez as our 4 men rotation. I still can't believe the secret target of Ned's big deal was Kevin Correia. what a **** joke.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#251 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:14 pm

Truly hated the decision to sub Hanley out of the game when we weren't ahead and going against the best bullpen in baseball.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#252 » by Neddy » Tue Sep 2, 2014 1:52 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Truly hated the decision to sub Hanley out of the game when we weren't ahead and going against the best bullpen in baseball.

come on man what else would we expect out of Donny the great mother loving Mattingly? :banghead:

it is the last month, the final showdown, the last stretch. and we let the gonads creep right back up our asses. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#253 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 2, 2014 3:14 am

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Truly hated the decision to sub Hanley out of the game when we weren't ahead and going against the best bullpen in baseball.

come on man what else would we expect out of Donny the great mother loving Mattingly? :banghead:

it is the last month, the final showdown, the last stretch. and we let the gonads creep right back up our asses. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

We truly need a spark man.

.500 ball since beating the Angels.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#254 » by Neddy » Thu Sep 4, 2014 1:45 am

even if the spark presences itself, i don't know if Donny can utilize it correctly to cease the moment.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#255 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 4, 2014 1:59 pm

Real chance to gain a game yesterday.
Beat a good team in a series.

Didn't think Kenley would be blowing saves this late in the season.
3 against AZ and SD at home this week before SF.
I want all 6 but I won't hold my breath.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#256 » by Neddy » Sun Sep 7, 2014 11:32 pm

Gonzo and Kemp finally hitting out some home runs... we need more power in this lineup.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#257 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 8, 2014 4:32 am

Hanley has been slumping a little lately.

If he wants to wake up with Kemp and A-Gon we could be damn near untouchable

I'm incredibly hurt to watch Puig slump like this btw. I really hope he can play himself out of this.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,239

Post#258 » by Kilroy » Mon Sep 8, 2014 4:58 pm

Lots going on right now though with the slumps and the buzz around Kershaw... It's going to be an exciting downhill run to the post season.

I'm a huge fan of Puig, but it feels like his slump has allowed the rest of the team to gel a little bit. We're going to need his bat and energy but I hope it's a turning point for the roster in how they integrate him with the rest of the talent we have.

Hope we have a solid closer for the post season too...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM

Post#259 » by Neddy » Tue Sep 9, 2014 5:10 am

Puig at least had a hit and an RBI today. between Hanley and Carl they went for 7 for 9 tonight!!!

as far as having a solid closer for the playoffs, i honestly do not think there is anything to worry about. yes the ERA seems worrisome for our Kenley, and he did have some blown saves to go along with it, but his WHIP and FIP is as good as ever. his Fielding Independent Pitching is in fact, at 1.97 which is around where Clayton Kershaw is at this very season. Kenley is going to surpass Jeff Shaw and Todd Worrell this year in total saves, and possibly challenge one of the top 3 records set by Eric Gagne. we will be fine.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#260 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:28 pm

So happy Puig got off the schneid (somewhat) last night. Was pleased his RBI hit wasn't a dribbler or a blooper. He hit it right on the screws.

What a debacle on that 3 error play. First time I've been pissed at Puig in a while.

Question though. If Puig gets back to hitting, do you move him back to the top of the order or keep him in that 6/7 hole?

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers