Billingsly done for season.

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,244

Billingsly done for season. 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:10 am

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/story/_/id/11094831/chad-billingsley-los-angeles-dodgers-miss-rest-season

LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers pitcher Chad Billingsley will have season-ending surgery next week to repair a partially torn flexor tendon in his right elbow.

Billingsley, who had been working his way back from Tommy John surgery on the same elbow, said he is hopeful he can pitch in 2015.

"I'll have spent two years of my life rehabbing, but I've got to do it," Billingsley said. "It's not as long as Tommy John rehab, they tell me, about six months, so that's good. This was my best chance to pitch next year."
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: Billingsly done for season. 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:34 am

his best chance to pitch next year... for another club.

i don't wish him harm at all, i enjoyed his rise to the sole all star appearance, and always envisioned kershaw and him being the modern day Koufax-Drysdale. but don't really care that he is rehabbing while robbing another 10+ million dollars this year, just like last year. once he leaves the dodgers, he will probably have to take on a minor league deal with somebody else to even get a chance to pitch again, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him take the Darren Dreifort route and rehab only until his contract runs out to get paid in full, then retire.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:01 am

Neddy wrote:his best chance to pitch next year... for another club.

i don't wish him harm at all, i enjoyed his rise to the sole all star appearance, and always envisioned kershaw and him being the modern day Koufax-Drysdale. but don't really care that he is rehabbing while robbing another 10+ million dollars this year, just like last year. once he leaves the dodgers, he will probably have to take on a minor league deal with somebody else to even get a chance to pitch again, and i wouldn't be surprised to see him take the Darren Dreifort route and rehab only until his contract runs out to get paid in full, then retire.

i would love to see him go help a team that can't afford big money players make a run.

a team like the Royals.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#4 » by Neddy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:13 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:his best chance to pitch next year... for another club.

i would love to see him go help a team that can't afford big money players make a run.

a team like the Royals.

royals opened the season with better than 92 million dollar payroll.

it would be special if he does it with the Marlins or Astros, whom are only at a half of that of the Royals.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers