J. Roll
Turner
Joc
Puig
Ethier
Peraza
SVS

13 position players.

no doubt but **** and Puig's hammys gotta heal first before we can count them in. I hope they do.

but why no Seager?

Quake Griffin wrote:12 pitchers. 2 lefties out of the pen.
1 long man. a closer.
we'll figure out who the 8th inning guy is.
2 catchers.
very flexible IF, OF and 4 pinch runners on any given night (Utley, ****, Peraza, Carl).

Love Magic Mike….but I need to see him come out of the pen at the major league level before I trust him to carry me for 6 outs in the playoffs.
Hatcher has earned it since he's been back off the DL too.

my guess is, if there is even the slightest sign of Puig not being 100%, Mattingly will push for Carl to start over him even if Andrew and Co. places Yasiel on the roster. Mattingly loves vets and does not like young kids who doesn't take on his advices. Carl is hitting as of late in terms of the only stats Donny Potato is aware of, I think unless Puig can come back before the season ends and show everybody that he is 100% healthy again, I just don't see him starting at least during the divisional series.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2015 season dodgers game thread 

Post#382 » by Neddy » Sun Sep 6, 2015 8:47 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:wtf at Turner at 2B.

are we drunk? That chubby oft-injured cat can't play an up the middle position anymore.

if the purpose was to give the old man Chase a day off, it should have been Peraza and he should have been the lead off.

if the purpose was to give a room for Seager, it should be either Turner or Jimmy sitting down.

if we should be trying Utley out on 3rd, it should be against this team while we got 7.5 lead, and Seager on SS and Peraza on 2nd. that would have given us a lineup of

Peraza - Utley - Gonzo - Ethier - Seager - Carl - Joc - Ellis.... IMO.

this is a classic Donny Potato move. I am sure of it.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Post#383 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 7, 2015 2:57 pm

thought I had Seager in there….I blew that one. It's between Van Slyke or Peraza for who I'd dump off for him. Health permitting, I'd probably carry **** as my 4th OF/Utility guy. I'd like all my guys off the bench to be able to pinch hit, go 1st to 3rd on a single and 1st to home on a double.

None of this matters, Donnie will play Carl.

Why'd you go with 11 pitchers?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#384 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 7, 2015 2:58 pm

Turner kinda shut me up there with showing that range up the middle and firing Upton out at first.

what a play.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#385 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Sep 7, 2015 5:04 pm

http://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-howie-kendrick-to-be-reevaluated-after-testing-hamstring/2015/09/07

Kendrick still having trouble running.

Man these hammies have sure done a number on us and they will have a significant impact on our playoff roster as far as I can tell.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#386 » by Neddy » Tue Sep 8, 2015 5:42 am

Quake Griffin wrote:thought I had Seager in there….I blew that one. It's between Van Slyke or Peraza for who I'd dump off for him. Health permitting, I'd probably carry **** as my 4th OF/Utility guy. I'd like all my guys off the bench to be able to pinch hit, go 1st to 3rd on a single and 1st to home on a double.

None of this matters, Donnie will play Carl.

Why'd you go with 11 pitchers?

because you don't play everyday during playoffs. first, it takes away the need for the 5th starter, then even the bullpen gets extra day off every two to three days thanks to TV schedule. and having that extra position player can come very handy especially for someone like Donny Potato who double switches for the sake of double switch all the freaking time.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#387 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 8, 2015 5:33 pm

interesting to see Rollins with a finger issue
X-Rays come back negative.

We coming up with excuses to keep Seager in the lineup now?

DH Turner tonight and put Seager at 3rd please….well, if Jimmy is back.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#388 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 8, 2015 5:48 pm

Did I ask this before or no?

Game 1 NLDS…who are you guys giving the ball to?
I guess it the better question is Game 5 who are you giving the ball to?

Both the Game 1 and Game 2 pitchers will have at least 4 days rest for Game 5.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#389 » by Neddy » Wed Sep 9, 2015 3:26 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Did I ask this before or no?

Game 1 NLDS…who are you guys giving the ball to?
I guess it the better question is Game 5 who are you giving the ball to?

Both the Game 1 and Game 2 pitchers will have at least 4 days rest for Game 5.

Greinke

not because I think he is the better pitcher over Kershaw, but to erase the jinx and pressure off of Kershaw knowing his playoff history recently. Greinke is the lesser between the two but Greinke is older, and have less to prove in the post season, and still better than any #1 pitcher a divisional series opponent can march against. most importantly, we are already built to have Greinke go first as is. but once we get out of the first round, assuming we win the divisional round before game 4, we can flip them if we want to in the NLCS. If that team we face in the NLCS is the redbirds, I still want Greinke to start the game 1 as they have yet to learn how to steal signs from him.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#390 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 9, 2015 10:57 pm

I feel you on Greinke.

I still believe in Kershaw…but I'll dive deeper into that once the division is officially clinched. I just saw how much of a cupcake the Giant's schedule is…and we're at AZ who plays us tough…we have Pit coming in…4 more with SF.

So i'm taking this game by game.

btw.
Wieland goes tonight. You were big on him Ned. I believe you said he was more than a throw in from the SD trade.
Hoping he eventually demonstrates that. Tonight would be an awesome place to start.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#391 » by Neddy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:44 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I feel you on Greinke.

I still believe in Kershaw…but I'll dive deeper into that once the division is officially clinched. I just saw how much of a cupcake the Giant's schedule is…and we're at AZ who plays us tough…we have Pit coming in…4 more with SF.

So i'm taking this game by game.

btw.
Wieland goes tonight. You were big on him Ned. I believe you said he was more than a throw in from the SD trade.
Hoping he eventually demonstrates that. Tonight would be an awesome place to start.

Just got home. finally got an assistant interviewing for the job tomorrow. man I can't put in 13-14 hours a day man. Im too old for a 60 hours work week, even if I own it.

anywho...

yeah I am big on Joe. this kid was once a lights out pitching prospect who performed at the big league until injury issues took him out of the loop in SD. I just saw Yimi Garcia pitch, what happened? I guess I will look it up too but would appreciate some narrative from someone who watched it.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#392 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:16 am

didn't get a good look Ned. I would have if you would have asked me before hand. I was in the kitchen making myself a salad.

I know the 2nd run was part bad defense. That triple that setup that score was a double if Schebler makes a better play on that ball.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#393 » by Neddy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:23 am

Quake Griffin wrote:didn't get a good look Ned. I would have if you would have asked me before hand. I was in the kitchen making myself a salad.

I know the 2nd run was part bad defense. That triple that setup that score was a double if Schebler makes a better play on that ball.

well it's all good. you gotta eat, man.

the fact that I see 4 innings and 2 earned runs, which translates into 6 inning and 3 runs given up ratio, is a quality start and to me Joe did his job. good for him. I just damn wish Utley makes a hit with Joc on third with two outs.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#394 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#395 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:42 pm

glad to see Mat Latos DFAd…even happier he took it in stride.

nice for Greinke to have a solid start last night against a playoff contender.
Would be nice for Kershaw to do the same tonight and seal the series.

Incredibly proud of Seager.
The Schebler call up has been great and so has the Ruggiano deal.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#396 » by Neddy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:11 am

Ruggiano's rise is incredible, considering his career numbers, and I do not see it sustainable at all but gotta give credit to our FO to make the deal when he was about to surge. it is all part of rule of average, as Mat Latos did not work out but the most unlikely one did.

Seager is a keeper. no doubt he should play ahead of anyone at SS as long as he is healthy.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#397 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:45 am

starting to get a little pissed off.

the last thing I want is the Giants getting confident.
finish this **** home stand strong and bring me another division. wtf.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#398 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:55 am

beyond annoying and frustrating to watch.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#399 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:58 am

if we lose tonight….we're gonna blow Greinke and Kershaw starts on the D-Backs at home.

we're going to go to Colorado with no Greinke or Kershaw and get our **** pushed in…..then we'll have a 4 game series with SF which will become interesting and competitive instead of a leisure series like it's suppose to be.

**** this ****.
**** this lineup that we've put out every night for about the last week.
**** these pitching performances.
this team hasnt won **** and acts like what was an 8.5 game lead is a world series.

foh.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#400 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:14 am

and start Rollins….wtf.

You think anybody is buying that he hurt his knuckle?
GTFOH.

Kick Seager to 3rd. You have a leader in our clubhouse just sitting in the dugout game after game after game.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers