ImageImageImageImageImage

Urias' Eye Surgery

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Urias' Eye Surgery 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Tue May 19, 2015 10:48 am

and can anybody find anything substantial on Urias's eye surgery? I just keep reading that it's cosmetic.

Is he getting surgery to make his left eye work like normal? Or that will never happen.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: 2015 season dodgers game thread 

Post#2 » by Neddy » Wed May 20, 2015 3:12 am

Quake Griffin wrote:and can anybody find anything substantial on Urias's eye surgery? I just keep reading that it's cosmetic.

Is he getting surgery to make his left eye work like normal? Or that will never happen.

his left eye works just fine, it's his soft tissue around the eye that has been a problem which he is getting corrected to look normal like everybody else. he is getting it so he can appear without defect before he becomes a household name on TV and dodgers are paying for it so we can give the kid a month worth of a break not to damage his arm.

as far as Ryu getting a surgery, I guess i can understand it. he has had a shoulder issue as long as I have known about him from KBO. but in South Korea, they have a different pay system where your salary is based on your previous year's performanc until you are eligible to sign as a free agent, which takes like ten years. he had to play through a ton of aches and pain to get paid the next season, but with guaranteed contracts of MLB, why not fix it for good while you still can? and for the dodgers, this now wipes off his automatic opt out clause and gets to keep him for cheap through another prime year of his.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,644

Re: 2015 season dodgers game thread 

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Thu May 21, 2015 4:34 pm

my bad. I knew his eye worked fine. That wording was improper.
Looks like Ryu wont get back this year but like you said, that's okay because of his contract.

I think we should make a deal…particularly since Greinke will opt out at the end of the year.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers