2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb

TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Re: 2017 REGULAR SEASON LA Dodgers & international 

Post#1401 » by TKainZero » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:01 am

What happen to this team?
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#1402 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:12 am

Big start by Yu Darvish tonight.

Kershaw looked fantastic yesterday...i finally watched his start.

We have to have both of them going well by next Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1403 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 am

Corey Seager .159 in the last 20 games.

Smh.
**** elbow injury ruined another elite season at the dish for him.

Was a .309/.399 hitter before this elbow issue.

He draws the walk in his 1st AB.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1404 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:28 am

Oh and I finally get what I want tonight.

Grandal at C.
Barnes at 2B.

This can be and probably is facilitated a lot easier because Turner is out. I can't see Dave starting YG against a lefty like that.

Let's see where it goes.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1405 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:39 am

Andrew Friedman on the broadcast

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1406 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 am

Saying pretty much everything we know about Yu.

Mechanics issue.
Knew he struggled in TX.
Stuff was there.
"We have Honey..."

Alright. Commercial break.
Tune in yourselves. Gonna finish watching Dallas-AZ on MNF.

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Disciplining Puig 

Post#1407 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Puig was late for a workout.

He has been benched and Dave seems unhappy per Ken Gurnick's twitter.

I'd like to know the circumstances for Dave to say he's "very disappointed" in Puig. Maybe making the last out against SF in conjunction with this is too much. My guess is there is something more there.

I have no problems benching Puig for a bit, especially if he came in late for a workout after that boneheaded steal attempt to end a previous game.

I agree with what Roberts said in that winning teams don't do that. Maybe now he'll be more careful and committed when these situations arise in the playoffs.

I also didn't buy Puig's post-game reasoning and excuse about the aforementioned failed theft. First, he said he thought the pitcher was slow to the plate and then he said he didn't slide because he was injured when he was about to. Dude could have slid head-first and should have started the slide much sooner by the time he pulled up lame when I watched the video. It was a dumb move and excuse.

If he doesn't get it, then he doesn't belong out there.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Late to the Party 

Post#1408 » by Ranma » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:18 am

I missed most of the game due to visiting family, so I appreciate Quake's recap of what he heard from Friedman during the telecast. I'm glad to see Darvish apparently pitching well based on his stat line. Forsythe seems to be following through on the signs of life from him recently. Grandal seems to be heating back up and Barnes continues to come up big.

Maeda had a down game and I'm watching Baez continue to throw primarily fastballs at the expense of his other pitches, but he was able to end the game by striking out the side without giving up a run despite allowing 2 baserunners to get on. At least the team reached the 100-win mark.
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1409 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 am

I think it reads a little weak to make a spectacle out of Puig being late on the heels of 1-15, 3-1 in Philly, and people beginning to question Doc's management.

That's going to read as me being a Puig apologist (and in a way I am) but in reality, I don't mind if you are benching him for being late. It's more of the public posturing that seems inauthentic/ disingenuous to me.

If the season ended today, the idea of him being a better teammate, a plus RF defender, and him benefitting from Turner Ward's instruction (read: Showing discipline, focus, and professionalism) are what I'd take away from Yasiel Puig's season...not the gaff against SF or him being late today.

Again...it could be a gillion things we've never heard about that boiled up to Dave making that "very disappointed" comment but I'll put more stock in him staying in shape, being a plus defender, and benefitting from Turner Ward's instruction over the possibility that he's just been a goof this entire time forcing Dave to make that comment.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1410 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:30 am

Ranma wrote:I missed most of the game due to visiting family, so I appreciate Quake's recap of what he heard from Friedman during the telecast. I'm glad to see Darvish apparently pitching well based on his stat line. Forsythe seems to be following through on the signs of life from him recently. Grandal seems to be heating back up and Barnes continues to come up big.

Maeda had a down game and I'm watching Baez continue to throw primarily fastballs at the expense of his other pitches, but he was able to end the game by striking out the side without giving up a run despite allowing 2 baserunners to get on. At least the team reached the 100-win mark.

I kinda hate Baez pitching there because I think Dave is trying to give hima chance to prove himself instead of just moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1411 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:30 am

As much as I said YG is my catcher, I'm very surprised that he has gotten the call 3 days in a row.

99.99999% sure he's calling Kershaw's Game 1.

Games 2 and 3 though.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1412 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:50 am

Well, it's not the 2nd inning doing Alex Wood in.

I don't mind Renfroe's homer. That was just skill and brute strength.

Ranma
RealGM

Different Breaks for Different Rakes 

Post#1413 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:10 am

Both homers Wood gave up weren't necessarily bad pitches. The first one was only ruled a home run after a fan touched it and Renfroe made a good swing that lined a low pitch over the wall.

Grandal, on the other hand, caught a bit of a break when the umpire ruled a pitch that would have struck him out according to the pitch-cast strike zone only to turn on a hanging breaking ball right into the RF stands.
Ranma
RealGM

Pushing the Envelop 

Post#1414 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:19 am

Okay, I was defending Wood a bit, but he has been giving up quite a few long fly balls all night and letting base-runners get on. In fact, he just got his first strikeout in 6 innings tonight.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Display of Power 

Post#1415 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:50 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1416 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Home field through the playoffs clinched!

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1417 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:00 am

Adrian Gonzalez shut down for the year including playofds.

Was just warming up to the idea of him being pinch hitter in October.

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#1418 » by Neddy » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:34 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Adrian Gonzalez shut down for the year including playofds.

Was just warming up to the idea of him being pinch hitter in October.

Adrian's career is over. as a fellow patient of degenerative arthritis of the neck, he isn't going to regain his old self ever.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM

Best Attendance in Baseball 

Post#1419 » by Ranma » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:02 am

Rich Hill pitched a gem tonight and the offense was rolling including Seager, thank goodness. Kershaw and Ryu are scheduled to pitch 2 out of the 3 games in Colorado in the regular season-ending series. The remaining game will be a "bullpen game", but I'd like to see Buehler show what he can do as a starter despite being in Coors Field and efforts to prepare him as a relief pitcher for possibly the postseason.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1420 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:27 pm

Darvish should pitch on the last game of the year. There's no way I want him with 12 days off between starts given that he has mechanic issues. I'd rather he keep his routine regular. I don't get Kershaw pitching the second game but the 3rd game being a bullpen game.

With Adrian Gonzalez now out, I only have 12 position players that I'm interested in playing/ I think are realistic. I had Joc left off of my postseason roster but maybe he could fill the hole?

Would you consider 13 pitchers? We're versatile enough as is.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers