Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Dodgers get darvish 

Post#1 » by TKainZero » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:12 pm

Big trade.

Legit ace

Gave up 3 minor leaguers

Calhoun was the big one
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Dodgers get darvish 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Good deal for both sides.

Rangers get their 2nd round level player + volume.
We give up someone that doesn't harm us at this point.

Fat Willie can go and DH in Texas now.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#3 » by Kilroy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:59 pm

Wow... I guess it's go big or go home time in LA. All in for the 2017 WS.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:58 pm

I have nothing else to offer but...

Rick Honeycutt, work your magic.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#5 » by Neddy » Tue Aug 1, 2017 1:24 am

think of the ballparks too. Yu is coming from DH deploying AL, and Arlington park is one of the best hitters parks around. he is coming to the Dodgers, NLW team in one of still the most pitcher friendly parks, and the league's #1 framer with highest defensive WAR valued player among in all MLB catchers according to the Fangraphs, is going to be his battery mate. oh and don't underestimate the friendly confounds of LA's Japanese/Iranian community embracing one of their sons, and having a friend in Kenta. I believe Yu also competed with Ryu multiple times over in Asia in international games and are in good terms.
ehhhhh f it.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Zaidi on Darvish 

Post#6 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 1, 2017 4:47 am

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Olney on Darvish 

Post#7 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 1, 2017 9:33 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Long-Term Stay? 

Post#8 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 1, 2017 11:12 am

I'm sure the Dodgers will offer Darvish a contract when he becomes a free agent, but like Moriyama tweeted below,
I don't see him coming back unless he takes a Rich Hill-like discount. Supposedly he is looking for a $100-million deal, but with the dearth of available starting pitchers, some team will likely overpay for his services.

At the same time, he may be more open to taking less in order to stay in a situation he's comfortable with since he's expressed a willingness to return to the Rangers. If our pitcher whisperer can fix his mechanics and his performance is reinvigorated pitching in Dodger Stadium, it should be a draw for him to stay in L.A. as a professional athlete of Iranian and Japanese descent.

The added bonus of acquiring Darvish at the deadline is that it allows for both parties to familiarize themselves with each other as well as grow comfortable together. It would also provide an inside track in negotiations, but money as well as production tends to be overriding issues, so we'll see how things play out.

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 1, 2017 4:32 pm

Dylan Hernandez looks like a buffoon for that tweet and he looks like a buffoon for the war he has waged against F&Z since they've been here. His Giants nuthugging since last year, inability to admit he was wrong about that team and how good they were, inability to admit he was wrong about last year's Dodger team, and subsequent "I told you so" attitude after we lost to the Cubs when he didn't even think we'd be that far have annoyed me to no end.

Glad he looks like an idiot and that Farhan jabbed him with class and tact.

We get it. They're smarter baseball heads and the world knows it so until they turn water into wine, nothing will be good enough:
- 74-31
- Yu acquired
- Farm still fully stocked and loaded.

Shutup bitch.
foh
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Re: Long-Term Stay? 

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 1, 2017 4:38 pm

Ranma wrote:I'm sure the Dodgers will offer Darvish a contract when he becomes a free agent, but like Moriyama tweeted below,
I don't see him coming back unless he takes a Rich Hill-like discount. Supposedly he is looking for a $100-million deal, but with the dearth of available starting pitchers, some team will likely overpay for his services.

At the same time, he may be more open to taking less in order to stay in a situation he's comfortable with since he's expressed a willingness to return to the Rangers. If our pitcher whisperer can fix his mechanics and his performance is reinvigorated pitching in Dodger Stadium, it should be a draw for him to stay in L.A. as a professional athlete of Iranian and Japanese descent.

The added bonus of acquiring Darvish at the deadline is that it allows for both parties to familiarize themselves with each other as well as grow comfortable together. It would also provide an inside track in negotiations, but money as well as production tends to be overriding issues, so we'll see how things play out.

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If he isn't looking for Greinke/ Scherzer money, he'll at least be looking for Greinke/Scherzer years.

Scherzer at the end of his age 30 season, 7 year deal.
Greinke at the end of his age 32 season, 6 year deal.
Yu is 31.

I'd do years 32-36 and pay him depending on how he pitched for us this fall but I'm in no rush to hitch myself to his wagon. More importantly, I was never big on Fat Willie, so I feel no pressure to justify this deal by getting years out of it.
Ranma
RealGM

Boxes Checked 

Post#11 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 1, 2017 7:58 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Yu's Debut 

Post#12 » by Ranma » Tue Aug 1, 2017 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Ranma
RealGM

Darvish in Dodger Blue 

Post#13 » by Ranma » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Alanna Talks with Yu 

Post#14 » by Ranma » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:00 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

Darvish's Dazzling Debut 

Post#15 » by Ranma » Sat Aug 5, 2017 8:38 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

ESPN Deportes Cartoon 

Post#16 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:58 am

Read on Twitter
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#17 » by ShowtimeFan » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:24 am

Yeah, other teams should be worried...!
Ranma
RealGM

On-the-MoneyBall 

Post#18 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:34 am

Read on Twitter
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Re: On-the-MoneyBall 

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 7, 2017 1:42 pm

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter

There are some old men in their 60s that would flip out if they heard a pitcher was given game advice from the GM.

#StayingOffTheirLawn
Ranma
RealGM

Front Office and Coaches Chipping In with Input 

Post#20 » by Ranma » Wed Aug 9, 2017 4:44 am

Quake Griffin wrote:There are some old men in their 60s that would flip out if they heard a pitcher was given game advice from the GM.

#StayingOffTheirLawn

This is why I have faith whenever the Dodgers trade for players in need of a bit of rehabilitation. Not only do we have Rick Honeycutt but the front office's sabermetrics expertise gives incoming players new information to apply to their personal approaches. We're ahead of the game in that regard even though the A's obviously started the movement.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers